Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES  (Read 11015 times)

Ginny

Re: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

We received HUNGER GAMES from Netflix today and got about an hour into it.  The disc then got all glitchy and would not play any more.  We've both read the book and know how the story ends, but will have to wait until the replacement arrives to finish the movie.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »

Welcome home, BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »

Just enjoyed a post-dental Manhattan.

ChasSmith

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »

A laurel, and hearty welcome back to L.A. for BK, and VIBES to DR Elmore for an excellent pond-crossing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »

Booked my flight for Pittsburgh and the dogs kennel.  Just trying to decide if I want to drive myself to/from the airport since I will be leaving in the day and coming home in the day unlike most times.

Booked my flight for Pittsburgh and the dogs kennel.  Just trying to decide if I want to drive myself to/from the airport since I will be leaving in the day and coming home in the day unlike most times.

Great.  How far away is the airport?

Jane

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »

We received HUNGER GAMES from Netflix today and got about an hour into it.  The disc then got all glitchy and would not play any more.  We've both read the book and know how the story ends, but will have to wait until the replacement arrives to finish the movie.

How do you like the movie so far?  I recently saw previews for it and it looked good.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

I'm home - even though we got in a little early it seemed like the longest flight ever - about five and a half hours - I'm okay for the just over four hours trip going East, but I was really getting antsy.  I've already been to the mail place and also had a Subway spicy Eyetalian sandwich just now.  I'm listening to an upcoming Kritzerland project - not sure if it's going to be too problematic or not and it's very short at thirty-one minutes, but that's every note of the score.  We shall see.

Welcome home, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »

How do you like the movie so far?  I recently saw previews for it and it looked good.

Seemed to be very true to the book and Stanley Tucci is a hoot.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »

Thanks.  I need to rent it.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »

I forgot my cell phone today. After having lived 48 years without one, let's see if I can last a day now without one.

I think everyone should leave their cell phone at home or off now and then. I find it a relief to not have it.  The people who would really NEED to get a hold of me know how.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:42 PM »

TRAVEL VIBES for MR BK.

The recording sounds most excellent.

Good Judgment vibes for DR CILLA LIZ and her client.

thanks JRand.  It was an asylum case and she is very deserving in my opinion

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

Last night DR Cillaliz asked me about my heart attack warning signs.  Well, in the spring and early summer of 2010 I was treated for bursitis in my left shoulder.  On the day of my attack, I had what I thought was indigestion and a knot in the hollow at the base of my throat.  Funny, after the blocked artery was stented and the dissection healed, my "bursitis" went away...

Thanks Ginny.  It's disconcerting to me that women's heart attack symptoms are so much more vague than men's symptoms are.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »

I too - along with many people in the cast - am having trouble sleeping.

My only guess is that the Sun is in opposition to Neptune which is also trining Mars.....it's a wonder ANYONE can sleep.  Add to that, Mars entering Scorpio and the Sun entering Virgo.....don't waste time TRYING to sleep....get something done.

I slept well last night, lol.   Wonder what THAT means

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »

Last night DR Cillaliz asked me about my heart attack warning signs.  Well, in the spring and early summer of 2010 I was treated for bursitis in my left shoulder.  On the day of my attack, I had what I thought was indigestion and a knot in the hollow at the base of my throat.  Funny, after the blocked artery was stented and the dissection healed, my "bursitis" went away...

Thanks Ginny.  It's disconcerting to me that women's heart attack symptoms are so much more vague than men's symptoms are.  

Be sure to read the link that DR Jane posted earlier today.  Also, I've been reading some pretty gruesome stories about how women are far less likely to be referred to cardiac rehab after an event than men and that insurance often doesn't cover it.  It was a great confidence-builder for me and helped me develop some exercise habits that I can continue on my own now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »

Saw this on my twitter feed...  Denzel Washington died in a skiing accident   sTill checking on the details

http://denzel.washington.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

It's fake

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »

I too - along with many people in the cast - am having trouble sleeping.

My only guess is that the Sun is in opposition to Neptune which is also trining Mars.....it's a wonder ANYONE can sleep.  Add to that, Mars entering Scorpio and the Sun entering Virgo.....don't waste time TRYING to sleep....get something done.

I slept well last night, lol.   Wonder what THAT means

So did I...

Michael

« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

A Himicane named Isaac is on its way to Florida.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

Be sure to read the link that DR Jane posted earlier today.  Also, I've been reading some pretty gruesome stories about how women are far less likely to be referred to cardiac rehab after an event than men and that insurance often doesn't cover it.  It was a great confidence-builder for me and helped me develop some exercise habits that I can continue on my own now.

I'm starting my home exercise program in large part because I'm concerned about my heart health after my brother had his quadruple bypass last month at age 55.   I need to lose weight and just get in better shape. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

Well, I'm heading home.  I MUST do laundry tonight.  I have no choice. ::)

;)

Anyway, until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »

'night!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2012, 08:28:53 PM »

About to watch Singing' in the Rain on the big screen for the first time. It's a fathom event. A digital projection.
Enjoy!  The Vixter and I tried to go see it when it was shown earlier this summer but it was sold out and now we are in Canada where it is being shown on August 26th -  at the same time we will be on the plane back to the U S of A

Oh well maybe onthe 70th anniversary we will get to see it on the big screen
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »

Travel Vibes for Elmore

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »

((((FJL))))

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

A Himicane named Isaac is on its way to Florida.
Just in time for the convention.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:24 PM »

Watching all the extras on "Short Cuts," which are hours and hours and hours long. Great stuff, but the profile of Raymond Carver is heavy going. He had such a brief life, but his writing is so wonderful to me. I'm going to have to read more of his stories after graduation. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

So somehow it's okay for a site to post and distribute fake death things for celebrities?  And this is somehow fine to do under the guise of "satire?"  Do these idiots even know what satire is?  That site should be taken down and anyone who posts fake death stuff like that should be taken to task for it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »

I am very tired.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »

Just watching an episode of Centennial...

HEY there is a scene where Gregory Harrison has no shirt on..

Had a crush on him when I was younger....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up