Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH A GNU  (Read 13416 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: FLIRTING WITH A GNU
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

Let's see.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »

Bingo!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:30 AM »

My work s done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 11:58:53 AM »

Page two?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »

I had about four hours of sleep because I woke up at six and couldn't fall back asleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 12:00:46 PM »

I did a two-mile jog BEFORE she of the Evil Eye got here, and then went and had some bacon and eggs and tomatoes.  Then I put gas in the motor car, did some banking and now I'm back and hoping Grant will be here on time at 12:15.  Then after we're through I'll hopefully pick up some packages.  I also finessed the first part of the commentary and wrote and additional two things for it, so I'm moving right along on that and am five songs in now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »

Where in tarnation...   ?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »

What’s Gnu, Pussycat?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

Today is Steve Sondheim's 84th birthday.

No, today is Andrew Lloyd Webber's 66th birthday.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2014, 01:29:32 PM »

(Oh my.  And all she said was "Tri-County Mall"...)   

LOL, DR ChasSmith, sometimes that's all it takes!

I do remember Markets International.  The building is still there, but it's an insurance company or something.  We used to go there to eat in the international food court and we still use a lamp in our living room that we bought in one of the shops.

As for Tri-County, they've prettied up the interior, but the stores have become kind of junky.  I'm not much of a shopper, but Kenwood Towne Center is my mall of choice.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:41:49 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »

In other shopping news, we made a quick stop at Cincinnati Premium Outlets, a complex that opened almost 5 years ago just south of us, for one specific item.  It was so mobbed that Richard dropped me off and picked me up when I was finished.  Note to self:  if you need something at the outlet mall, go on a weekday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »

DR Ginny, have you been to Jungle Jim's International Market?  I haven't yet, just seen it from the road, but I've been curious to check it out.  I can enjoy crazy stuff like that.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

Richard and I had lunch at one of the suburban outlets of the famous Cincinnati deli, Izzy's.  Beef barley soup, half a Reuben, potato pancake (just the crispy edges), and Dr. Brown's Creme Soda - yum!

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

DR Ginny, have you been to Jungle Jim's International Market?  I haven't yet, just seen it from the road, but I've been curious to check it out.  I can enjoy crazy stuff like that.

It's an experience, DR ChasSmith.  Haven't been there for several years, but it's very close to Rob and Mary Linda's apartment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are off to Tri-County Mall today to pick up his new suit and to get a new battery for my sparkly watch.  We'll be home before the Michigan/Texas tip-off - Go, Blue!

Go, Blue!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »

Shailene Woodley who plays the lead Tris in the Divergent movie is also the lead in another very popular book to movie adaptation.  She is playing the lead in John Green's The Fault In our Stars. Ansel Elgort plays her brother in Divergent and her love interest in The Fault in our Stars.

Am I the only person who thinks this is gonna be super odd?  The movies will both be hugely popular. They are coming out within months of each other. I was shocked enough that Shailene would be cast as the lead of two super hot book to movie adaptations.  But to have her brother as her lover. I hope that they are both amazing actors.

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are off to Tri-County Mall today to pick up his new suit and to get a new battery for my sparkly watch.  We'll be home before the Michigan/Texas tip-off - Go, Blue!

Go, Blue!

And Flyers!  And Spartans!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

DR Cilla I am glad you are pleased with your new doctor.  I'm a bit confused though, is this out of a hospital?  Residents do rotations.  Does this mean you will have a different doctor each time you go?

Jane

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »

From DR Singdaw:
Well, maybe "fall in love" is a bit strong. But I was certainly interested! 

That's just really cute :)

Jane

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »

So, not your typical hardcover.

Very nice!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »

Good afternoon, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »

TOD: When I was growing up, we played Rook, which is played with a special deck. A regular deck, you see, was from the devil, so we weren't allowed to play with those.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »

I have, in recent years, become a fan of pinochle. I always wanted to learn bridge, but I haven't taken the time.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »

Happy birthday, Steve and Andy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »

Made it to the 5K run to help set up at 5:30. There were few people at that time, though 1800 eventually showed up for the race.

It's a fun event. You are greeted at the finish line with your choice of wine or beer -- or water. And pancakes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »

Where is everyone today?
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 03:14:54 PM »

Shailene Woodley who plays the lead Tris in the Divergent movie is also the lead in another very popular book to movie adaptation.  She is playing the lead in John Green's The Fault In our Stars. Ansel Elgort plays her brother in Divergent and her love interest in The Fault in our Stars.

Am I the only person who thinks this is gonna be super odd?  The movies will both be hugely popular. They are coming out within months of each other. I was shocked enough that Shailene would be cast as the lead of two super hot book to movie adaptations.  But to have her brother as her lover. I hope that they are both amazing actors.

That could be interesting.  Before I read your comment about their acting I was thinking it.  I'm sure the look and feel of the two films is different enough you will quickly forget the other relationship.

John G.

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »

Then went off to judge the barbecue competition about a half hour south of here. Got there in time to do chicken, followed by ribs.

Word is out on these events, and the would-be judges for brisket -- always the favorite in Texas because it's beef -- line up as soon as the ribs are cleared, even though that was not to have been judged for another 90 minutes. We didn't need to wait that long, so we left.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »

It's bluebonnet time here.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »

One more should do it.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up