Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES  (Read 53743 times)

singdaw

Re:PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »

***FINISH-THE-JOB VIBES***[/color][/size]
for DR elmore3003!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »

Is TORCHWOOD any good? It doesn't start here till the beginning of October. Also the TUDORS starts then as well.
Der Brucer and I are enjoying it a lot.  Good acting, and good writing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:46 PM »

I did run into Noel's star, Brad Oscar, on my way to Fed Ex.  He's such a great guy, and was so complimentary about The Brain - he said he'd gone home and immediately downloaded the album from iTunes and has been playing it ever since.  His partner Diego may come back to see us again this week.  

If you think he's great in FedEx, wait till you see him in Such Good Friends!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2007, 12:08:26 PM »

Was there a character called Mother Mucca from Winnemucca in the Tales of the City sequel?  Or was that already mentioned here?
Mother Mucca from Winnemucca was indeed in More Tales of the City, both book and miniseries.  She was not in Further Tales of the City, the book, but was added to the televersion.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2007, 12:10:44 PM »

Noel, why don't you respond to my post about the rules - I'd like to know what you were talking about.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »

It's so nice to have another day off from work.

Today is just totally laying back and relaxing.  Another day off is scheduled for Wednesday, but I'm thinking of getting a haircut so I won't look totally trashy on Sunday (unless the guy who cut my hair last time is there, because he didn't do a decent job at all).

And Sunday (and Monday) have been confirmed by my boss as days off, per request.  (Monday is so that der B and I can recover from all that driving on Sunday!)

I need a vacation, but I doubt I'll have the time to take one unless I can schedule it for late October/early November.  *le sigh*

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2007, 12:18:39 PM »

If you think he's great in FedEx, wait till you see him in Such Good Friends!

;D

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2007, 12:19:11 PM »

Oh, your post led me to believe you knew.  There's a rule against working actors seven days in a row, even if those actors all say they'd be delighted to do it.  Such Good Friends has performances Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  So, Monday is our day of rest.

We've also spent substantially less than the maximum amounts in the the sideletter we signed.

To use a phrase from another board, nymf IS supposed to be a level playing field.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »

DR elmore, vibes you complete all of your work & to your great satisfaction!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

Late November gives us Thanksgiving, of course - very busy.  Then everything starts building up for Christmas - again, very busy.  And New Years - busy.

And then, in January, the store will start a refurbishment/remodel.  And, in the middle of that, we'll be training the new hires who will be working at our new store in Long Neck (it opens in April).  Chaos is predicted.

Heck, just remembering where the various items will be located on the shelves, since the remodel will be done in stages and everything will have to be moved, is going to be monsterous.

And after that, we'll have the summer to plan for all over again!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2007, 12:30:02 PM »

...There's a rule against working actors seven days in a row, even if those actors all say they'd be delighted to do it....
Interesting.  Our union contract states that the store must give each employee one day off per week (or pay through the nose in overtime).  Nothing about days in a row.  Thus, an employee can be given the Sunday off on week One, and the Saturday off on week Two, resulting in twelve working days in succession.  

This usually doesn't happen in practice, but it does sometimes, particularly with jobs that have a very few people trained to do them (think pharmacy or the customer services desk), and usually only when one of those few is on vacation.  Thankfully, I'm not trained for either position.

Jane

« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

Ginny, or any other DR with a Tempur-Pedic mattress, I have a question.  Does the mattress get harder when the room temps are cooler, and softer when the temps are warmer?  Which model do you have?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2007, 12:42:52 PM »

Browsing around on other sites, I've just come across what has to be one of the least tasteful advertising lines ever.

"Kotex fits.  Period."

:P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »

Thanks for the clip, DR NOEL......I liked your show best.....was the girl from GOIN' DOWN SWINGIN' or whatever singing in English?

Nice to see some bald men onstage!!!  And I could understand the lyrics!!!  And it looked fun.....  Several of the others seemed to have angst in their pants.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »

Noel - Is anyone not playing by those rehearsal rules that you know of?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »

A Car Full of Clothes in Wannamucca.....

That is the name of my new epic poem.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »

When does STARFIGHTER open?  Or did I miss the news......

Jane

« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »

The hotel at Cannon Beach had a Tempur-Pedic mattress that was the softest, & only comfortable one we have slept on.  We are re-thinking we might want one now, if we can keep it soft.  I don't want a mattress that gets hard during the night if the temps go down, or the heat goes out in the winter.  I much prefer to sleep on soft sand then on hard sand, my description of sleeping on one of these.

FJL

« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2007, 12:53:58 PM »

Alert the medium or the extra-extra-large:  Both LAST STARFIGHTER and SUCH GOOD FRIENDS open on Friday night.  So Noel and I will not be at each other's openings.

FJL

« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2007, 12:55:42 PM »

That last sentence came out wrong.  But you know what i meant.

singdaw

« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2007, 12:57:06 PM »

But you know what i meant.

;D

But...DO we?   ;)

Jane

« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »

Where did the day go!  I need to get ready to take Sherlock to training class.  He will enjoy the outing.  I'm so tired I wish I could pass & do laundry instead.

He was such a good boy at the beach & returned immediately to us every time we called him.  Almost always, there was the one time he stole a little girl's sock & playfully ran around before letting me have it.  This was just moments after we released him on the beach.  I swear he thought he had died & gone to heaven.  He was just such a big happy Goofus.  Of course we have more photos. :)

Jane

« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »

Alert the medium or the extra-extra-large:  Both LAST STARFIGHTER and SUCH GOOD FRIENDS open on Friday night.  So Noel and I will not be at each other's openings.

Very exciting & I'm looking forward to reading all the news.

FJL

« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:18 PM »

singdaw - I meant that we would obviously be at our own opening performances.  Indeed our second perfs are on the same schedule as well, IIRC.

FJL

« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:57 PM »

Thnaks, jane.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »

I have THE DEPARTED sitting here in a Blu-ray version, and I've eyt to find the time to play it. The movie is so long, and the free evenings to give to it just haven't been there lately.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »

Oh - the maids are pounding on the door... yes, yes, just let me get a shower... then you can shovel out this room...

And why am I even in Winnemucca??? What the hell is Winnemucca???? My cousin Tina just moved into her new house, and celebrated her 10th anniversary last Thursday... so I made a detour on my way down to LA, to see the house and take them to dinner for a belated anniversary party. Winnemucca, NV is the poor man's Laughlin NV, which is the poor man's Las Vegas, NV... oy.

Check out the Blue Moon Lodge while you're there....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2007, 01:10:25 PM »

Friday is astrologically a perfect time to open a show.  Hunches, instincts, and feelings are in top shape and projects that are moving forward are in the pink!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »

My dog has a lodge?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »

Capri pants are so much more fun!

Do you wear them with heels or flats?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:12:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Up