Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY DESSERTS  (Read 9556 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: TOO MANY DESSERTS
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »

I felt safe bringing the other computer in because my Time Capsule backed up just before I unplugged the computer, so its entire contents are on the Time Machine part of Time Capsule.  I also got a new Time Capsule because mine was first generation and is basically outmoded.  So, I'll just box it up and save it, as it has everything from the old computer on it, should I ever need anything.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

Back to the last piano part: about 43 bars to go. I think I may take a trip to Staples to celebrate. 

I also need some lunch. Maybe eggs. I'm saving the pork chop I took home from Skip and Fred's last night for dinner.

Did Skp and Fred know that you took the pork chop?

Maybe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »

What if William isn't home?

Then it wouldn't be worth the visit.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

I wouldn't even attempt IKEA the day after Christmas.

But then, I wouldn't attempt any store the day after Christmas.

Me, neither.  Normally.  But for some reason I felt compelled to run out to Target this afternoon to pick up all four seasons of MAD MAN at 9.99 each.  I wound up running into the crowds and traffic leaving the stores and also dealing with the late afternoon sun.  Had a major headache by the time I came home. Feh!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »

I have not liked a Susan Sarandon film since THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, and she is not the reason I liked that movie.

I saw Susan Sarandon do A COUPLE OF WHITE CHICKS SITTING AROUND TALKING, Off-Broadway, and then spent a wonderful hour hanging out with Susan and co-star Eileen Brennan.  I found both of these ladies to be even more delightful off stage, than they were in doing the play.

Maybe I would enjoy her company off the screen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »

I've been home all day and haven't even taken a shower (TMI, I know ;))...but I will and soon.  I need to get out of my house for a while, if just to get out of the house.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »

I hope you got the DVD's DR DtM.

What musical are you working on DR JMK?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »

Someone named Benjamin Kritzer just ordered There's Mel - I kid you not.

Cool!  But did Benjamin Kritzer order "Benjamin Kritzer"?

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »

I got seasons 1, 2 and 4, DR JRand.  I was going to try another Target for season 3 but the traffic and sun were getting to me and I realized that the sale is on for the entire week so I can try for it another day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

I've been back and forth trying to decide which of the next three days I'll go to work on (Friday is a holiday!). I was thinking of going up and kicking around NYC on Wednesday, but I just heard the weather is going to be cold and windy.  So I'll most probably take off Thursday, giving me a five day mini vacation to end the year.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »

One of the CDs I got for Christmas was the TER recording of "Cabaret" with Fred Ebb performing. And there in credits was one Larry Moore, who provided select orchestrations. Always nice to see those two words in print.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »

I've been back and forth trying to decide which of the next three days I'll go to work on (Friday is a holiday!). I was thinking of going up and kicking around NYC on Wednesday, but I just heard the weather is going to be cold and windy.  So I'll most probably take off Thursday, giving me a five day mini vacation to end the year.

Sounds like a good plan!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »

We decided not to do Ikea, since it really is quite a haul from here (probably 50 miles round trip).  Instead we went to the local mall, where it was absolute mayhem.  We looked at nightstands in the Penney's Furniture Store and laughed (LAUGHED I tell you) at the absurd prices they were charging.  I picked up a couple of pairs of pants with a gift card I had and then we went to Freddy's where we got a perfectly serviceable nightstand for the outstanding sum of $12.99.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »

JR, it's a bunch of mini-musicals that are all being done on an absurdly small stage, which is part of the conceit of the series.  I think I mentioned ours is about people trying to set a world's record for stuffing a phone booth.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »

JR, it's a bunch of mini-musicals that are all being done on an absurdly small stage, which is part of the conceit of the series.  I think I mentioned ours is about people trying to set a world's record for stuffing a phone booth.
What's a phone booth?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

Back to the last piano part: about 43 bars to go. I think I may take a trip to Staples to celebrate. 

I also need some lunch. Maybe eggs. I'm saving the pork chop I took home from Skip and Fred's last night for dinner.

Did Skp and Fred know that you took the pork chop?

Yeah, I couldn't believe it.  :)  :)

FJL

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »

and then we went to Freddy's where we got a perfectly serviceable nightstand for the outstanding sum of $12.99.

I noticed the pork chop was missing, but I didn't realize until just now that someone had walked off with the nightstand.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »

and then we went to Freddy's where we got a perfectly serviceable nightstand for the outstanding sum of $12.99.

I noticed the pork chop was missing, but I didn't realize until just now that someone had walked off with the nightstand.

That was Julie!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »

That was Julie!

P.S.  Thank you for those truffles, Larry!

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »

OK I'm sick of this weather.  It was 53 degrees today. No rain, no snow, just dry and 53.  This is not right

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »

Just watched something most interesting - the guy with the screening room gave me a DVD that had my episode of Lucas Tanner on it.  I don't think I've seen it since either the day we shot it or the day it aired - the show lasted only a season (if that) and has never to my knowledge been in reruns.  This was taken from a 16mm print.  Other than knowing I did the episode and the one anecdote I shared in my book about wanting to wear glasses and director Gordon Hessler's response, I remembered absolutely nothing about it.  The first surprise was seeing us on location on a trail near a lake somewhere - have no idea where and have no memory of it at all, which is unusual since I never got to go on location anywhere.  I also can't remember where we actually shot the school scenes - maybe Marshall High maybe somewhere in the Valley.  Alan Abelew (George in Nudie Musical) was a regular, and the guest star was beautiful Lee Purcell.  My pal Trish Soodik was also a semi-regular - she died a couple of years ago.  And I knew I'd worked with Kimberly Clark before and now I know where, since she was in it, too.  I had more to do than I remembered and the glasses were a good touch, I think.  The show was reasonably well written but could not be done today as it was then - about a teacher whose student is in love with him.  The best thing about the show, though, was David Shire's music - I'll have to tell him that he actually wrote music to something I acted in - he'll get a kick out of it.  David Hartman was Lucas Tanner and he's very good if a little weird at times.  I think he found his calling soon after this show with Good Morning America or whatever show he was on.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

TOD Christmas
Prime Rib
Cheesy Potatoes
Creamed Corn
Broccoli
Cookies and candies for dessert

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

I am home.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »

I remember liking David Hartman in Lucas Tanner.  And wasn't there another TV show had did?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »

OK I'm sick of this weather.  It was 53 degrees today. No rain, no snow, just dry and 53.  This is not right

I appreciated the mild weather before Christmas, but now that it's over I wouldn't mind a cold snap and a snowfall.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »

I have not liked a Susan Sarandon film since THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, and she is not the reason I liked that movie.

I saw Susan Sarandon do A COUPLE OF WHITE CHICKS SITTING AROUND TALKING, Off-Broadway, and then spent a wonderful hour hanging out with Susan and co-star Eileen Brennan.  I found both of these ladies to be even more delightful off stage, than they were in doing the play.

Maybe I would enjoy her company off the screen.

Possibly.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »

One of the CDs I got for Christmas was the TER recording of "Cabaret" with Fred Ebb performing. And there in credits was one Larry Moore, who provided select orchestrations. Always nice to see those two words in print.

Who?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

Congrats BK on the new Mac!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »

Just watched something most interesting - the guy with the screening room gave me a DVD that had my episode of Lucas Tanner on it.  I don't think I've seen it since either the day we shot it or the day it aired - the show lasted only a season (if that) and has never to my knowledge been in reruns.  This was taken from a 16mm print.  Other than knowing I did the episode and the one anecdote I shared in my book about wanting to wear glasses and director Gordon Hessler's response, I remembered absolutely nothing about it.  The first surprise was seeing us on location on a trail near a lake somewhere - have no idea where and have no memory of it at all, which is unusual since I never got to go on location anywhere.  I also can't remember where we actually shot the school scenes - maybe Marshall High maybe somewhere in the Valley.  Alan Abelew (George in Nudie Musical) was a regular, and the guest star was beautiful Lee Purcell.  My pal Trish Soodik was also a semi-regular - she died a couple of years ago.  And I knew I'd worked with Kimberly Clark before and now I know where, since she was in it, too.  I had more to do than I remembered and the glasses were a good touch, I think.  The show was reasonably well written but could not be done today as it was then - about a teacher whose student is in love with him.  The best thing about the show, though, was David Shire's music - I'll have to tell him that he actually wrote music to something I acted in - he'll get a kick out of it.  David Hartman was Lucas Tanner and he's very good if a little weird at times.  I think he found his calling soon after this show with Good Morning America or whatever show he was on.

I thought the same thing after I watched THE ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:29:08 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »

When you guys get freezing cold weather you will miss the mild weather!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up