Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY  (Read 21645 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 09:11:06 AM »

According to dialidol.com, Taylor got the most phone-in votes last night, followed by Elliott, Katharine, and then Chris coming in last.

The text message votes supposedly will tell the story. It's going to be close, I think. Chris may be going home!

I only managed 207 text-message votes for Elliott last night.  For some reason, I wasted 40 minutes of voting time before I realized I NEEDED to be voting.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »

PS - first time I have ever used a Scottish accent... came off as something of a cross between Welsh and Russian, i think...

Ach I wish I could see ye lass... but the truth of it is I am on the wrong coast
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 09:13:12 AM »

Elmo and Gins!! I would have loved to be in your grand company - I would have guzzled a gallon of Java, while watching you eat... but I think I would have enjoyed the hilarity of the conversation.

Dearest PennyO, get your cute li'l self back to Manhattan!  Arties and I both miss you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 09:13:58 AM »

Good morning all.  The Mother/Daughter dinner was a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. This was our 8th year and for the first time ever there was no dance floor, no deejay, no music of any kind... just a raffle for baskets that were donated by the troops.

When we brought in our donations for the baskets I assumed they were door prizes and each person would be given a ticket when she came in, but no, you had to pay for the raffle tickets.  I am confused as to where the proceeds were going.  This was the most expensive dinner yet and the food was terrible, cold and tasteless, some had burned entrees, others undercooked ones.  The service was horrible and for entertainment we had a fashion show.

Since in years past we had arranged for each girl to receive a beanie baby animal, and the deejay always had leis and maracas and the girls always spent hours dancing and twirling on the dance floor there was a lot of grumbling.

Too bad.  It is usually a highlight of the year.

Who organized this debacle?  Do different troops take turns?

I think your dissatisfaction should be voiced to whatever organization oversees all the particpants.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 09:14:48 AM »

Wasn't Compost on the last "Bob Newhart" TV show?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 09:16:03 AM »

Two things won't crawl out of my subconscious and I can't stop singing them:

Stephen Foster's "Old Dog Trey"
Keeping house but clutching a copy of Life just to keep in touch . . .

I feel like the verse to "Fascinatin' Rhythm"!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 09:16:28 AM »

Wasn't Compost on the last "Bob Newhart" TV show?

Heaps!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »

Off to start cooking lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 09:21:02 AM »

Last night's "Idol" was a very mixed bag for me.  I wasn't nearly as high as Randy was on the level of performances, although I agree Elliott did two of his all-time best vocals.

Chris continued his "Johnny One-Note" ways...and that's not to say I don't think he's good.  He's better than good...the trouble is he's always delivering his songs in the same way...with the same intensity...with no distinction between power rock and ballad.  And that has gotten EXTREMEly old for me.

Taylor...two horrendous performances, IMO.  The first one seemed not only a joke, but a hideous self-caricature.  There simply was too much song for Taylor to sustain his schtick, IMO.

Katherine:  She's radiant, well-coifed, beautifully dressed...and she doesn't bring a memorable performance to the stage...ever.  There was no problem with song choices...that last song should have been a knockout...instead, as Simon said, she overdid it.  She hit a couple of notes that nearly gave me a seizure.

If Chris leaves, things brighten considerably for Elliott.  If Kat leaves, it becomes a testosterone showdown next week.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:22:26 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »

A quick hello. I cut my morning walk short at the end of the block because I had so many things going through my head that I needed to get on paper that I though my head would explode. (Shades of David Cronenberg...) Maybe I'll walk later today -- although, usually, if I don't walk first thing, it doesn't happen.

Woke up early this morning after a terrible dream -- I actually tried to go back to sleep in hopes of resolving it with a happy ending, but no such luck. In my dream I lost two of my sweet dogs, Cocoa, a chocolate lab, and Katie, a white lab (both of whom, in reality, are now gone to doggie heaven). In the dream I was searching everywhere and couldn't find them -- and somehow it was my fault that they were lost. I woke up feeling SO sad.

Laters!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 09:32:16 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  After resolving one issue, I must now resolve a bunch of issues unrelated to the one issue.

And, of course, congrats to TPunk as well (I've already stated them, but we cannot state them enough).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 09:37:11 AM »

Ach I wish I could see ye lass... but the truth of it is I am on the wrong coast

You mean "w-r-l-l-l-l-l-l-ong coast", dinin ya, lass?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »

A quick hello. I cut my morning walk short at the end of the block because I had so many things going through my head that I needed to get on paper that I though my head would explode. (Shades of David Cronenberg...) Maybe I'll walk later today -- although, usually, if I don't walk first thing, it doesn't happen.

Woke up early this morning after a terrible dream -- I actually tried to go back to sleep in hopes of resolving it with a happy ending, but no such luck. In my dream I lost two of my sweet dogs, Cocoa, a chocolate lab, and Katie, a white lab (both of whom, in reality, are now gone to doggie heaven). In the dream I was searching everywhere and couldn't find them -- and somehow it was my fault that they were lost. I woke up feeling SO sad.

Laters!

P-tooh! on such a dream!  P-tooh!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 10:04:34 AM »

Poopy dream!

Poopy poopy poopy dream!

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 10:10:13 AM »

DRJENNIFER, if you have a tracking number, you can usually go to the website for the post office and find out where the package is.

Well I can see the progress it has made, but not exactly where it is. For this type of expresspost the next track would be delivery.

I called and they said they would refund me (because the absolute last day for guaranteed delivery was yesterday). She also said it will almost assuredly arrived today or tomorrow. And that with so much tracking references, it cannot really get lost.

The thing is if it were just a cd or movie that i wanted to watch i wouldn't care so much.  But this is urgent for the person receiving the envelope.

I just really hope it arrives today.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

You mean "w-r-l-l-l-l-l-l-ong coast", dinin ya, lass?

Acch ye're rrrright lad, ye're rrrrright!

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »

As we were watching IDOL last night my sister and I were saying how happy we were that we cannot vote.  It's much easier knowing that we can't, rather than sitting their dialing away for so long.

Although that said, Canadian Idol will start pretty soon after AI finishes!

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »

And yes tonight is TAR. And for the first Wednesday in a while i will be watching at home (went to see little baby yesterday instead).  Not sure if I will watch LOST first at 7pm (it comes on here at 7pm). Or maybe i'll tape it then and watch it at 9:30pm after IDOL.  I find I really have to concentrate for LOST, and not sure if it's better to record it.

vixmom

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 10:17:11 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~BETTER DREAM VIBES FOR DR MARIA~~~~~[/move]

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:22 AM »

Who organized this debacle?  Do different troops take turns?

I think your dissatisfaction should be voiced to whatever organization oversees all the particpants.

Actually it was organized by the GS Coordinator for our town, she has run the last two , both of which were wonderful.  The catering hall we used the past three years was unavailable and so she chose this restaurant which we had used for several years running and it had been quite pleasant, so I cannot fault her for the bad food and service.  I am considering a strongly worderd letter to the management of the restaurant however.  

I understand that she was trying to do something "different" but I thought (as did many of the other mothers) that the "fashion show" was in addition to the regular music.  Nobody was happy with that and Iam sure she is hearing plenty about that today.

The whole basket raffle thing has me completely perplexed however.  The troops donated all the stuff so where was the money going?  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 10:27:03 AM »

And yes tonight is TAR. And for the first Wednesday in a while i will be watching at home (went to see little baby yesterday instead).  Not sure if I will watch LOST first at 7pm (it comes on here at 7pm). Or maybe i'll tape it then and watch it at 9:30pm after IDOL.  I find I really have to concentrate for LOST, and not sure if it's better to record it.

Add some extra time if you record it so you catch the previews for next week.

The Hanso Foundation commercial was during the last half hour last week.  But you can see it on the www.TheHansoFoundation.org website. (the website has been out there for a long time--I heard about it last Novemeber on a podcast.  Nothing really informative there, as far as I can see.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »

If I record it at 7pm (LOST) it does not go over.

What was the content of the commercial they showed? I found that site loaded quite slowly for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »

PS - first time I have ever used a Scottish accent... came off as something of a cross between Welsh and Russian, i think...

Just watch "The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson."  He's Scottish. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 11:16:03 AM »

Thanks to RP, DTM and Vixmom for the dream nixes!

What's even more alarming - and not a dream -  is that I've run out of Trader Joe's apple slices (not quite dried and totally yummy -- and healthy) which, coupled sometimes with sesame pretzel bits, are my latest snack addiction. Haven't got time to make a TJ's run to get them -- and they're often out of them anyway.
Not one of life's tragedies, true - but to be apple-less leaves me no treat reward at the end of a hard day's writing. Sigh....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 11:18:59 AM »

Wow!  I didn't know they all went to high school together!  Tim Hauser looks so much older than the others.

;D

He is...he was held back. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »

If I record it at 7pm (LOST) it does not go over.

What was the content of the commercial they showed? I found that site loaded quite slowly for me.

There really wasn't much content to the commercial other than to presen the foundation as a forward thinking organization that was working towards solving the problems of the world.  There was a 1-877 number to call ( I guess for another clue?)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »

Just watch "The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson."  He's Scottish. :)

Or Scrooge McDuck in DUCK TAILS.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »

Re: the LOST thing.

Has anyone found a site that gives more information to what the other LOST stories might be. I'd heard that the extra content would give more information about some of the characters. But I don't really understand how this whole thing works yet.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »

Pssst...BK, it's TPunk who's graduating.

I was wondering WHAT he was talking about. ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

Jennifer I hope your express mail arrives today.  Fortunately mine has a few days leeway.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up