Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MORNING MELTDOWN  (Read 3417 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: THE MORNING MELTDOWN
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 08:36:28 AM »

PAGE TOO TWO!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »

Is it bad luck to eat a fortune cookie without reading the fortune?   Asking for a friend....
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2020, 08:50:00 AM »

The normal schedule of the outdoor pool in the apartment complex where we live is that it opens for Memorial Day weekend and closes after Labor Day weekend.

This year, there was a several week delay in opening because they had to dig up the concrete decking (twice) to find and repair some leaks.

In compensation, they have tried to leave the pool open longer.

But there is a cognitive dissonance that arises when you see the person skimming the pool wearing a coat and gloves.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »

I am still finding and removing adhesive from both arms where the IV ports were attached!   Ick.   It's persistent stuff.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 09:46:40 AM »

Yes it is DR singdaw......I deal with it everyday......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 09:46:54 AM »

Calming and sleep vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

KevinH

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »

Good afternoon!

KevinH

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 11:22:30 AM »

Lots of vibes for BK.

KevinH

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »

Only one more day till TCB and Sasha are reunited!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2020, 11:25:41 AM »

I had to drag out the little ladder, take care of a storage issue, and now I'm ready for a week at the Mayo Clinic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:15 AM »

Good afternoon, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 11:39:43 AM »

I got new silicone tube pans to make the whiskey nut cake. I didn’t realize they were smaller. So now I have two cakes fresh out of the oven.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2020, 11:39:58 AM »

They need to be wrapped in cheesecloth and then marinated in whiskey for several months. These are for Christmas.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »

I wonder as I wander.

But not all who wander are lost. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 11:42:35 AM »

I realized I purchased my first DVD several years before I had a DVD player.  John Yap called me from London and asked me to run down to Tower Records and purchase for him the newly released DVD of Little Shop of Horrors, which had been recalled.  So, I headed down to Tower, which was at Lincoln Center, and purchased one for John and one for myself.

I bought one of those recalled DVDs of Little Shop of Horrors, but on eBay, and years later. ::) It wasn't cheap...but worth it, at the time!  I have since purchased the restored Blu-ray!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2020, 11:43:47 AM »

Well, the sad story is I have not slept at all.  Was in bed at twelve-thirty and the brain was and is on overload, no matter what I do.  Cannot fall asleep.  I honestly don't know how I'll get through the day, I'm on the verge of canceling Sunday's show and the November show because I can't function like this.  There is no way I won't get sick from it - I can feel it happening already and have been fighting it for five or six days.  I don't want to sleep ten hours or twelve hours I just want eight hours a day.  I would have taken an hour or two but with the stupid tree people coming that won't happen either.

~~~Sleep Well, Stay Well and Get Through the Day Vibes for BK!!~~~

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2020, 11:53:48 AM »

Is it bad luck to eat a fortune cookie without reading the fortune?   Asking for a friend....

Just sad ;)

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »

The normal schedule of the outdoor pool in the apartment complex where we live is that it opens for Memorial Day weekend and closes after Labor Day weekend.

This year, there was a several week delay in opening because they had to dig up the concrete decking (twice) to find and repair some leaks.

In compensation, they have tried to leave the pool open longer.

But there is a cognitive dissonance that arises when you see the person skimming the pool wearing a coat and gloves.

Our pool remained off limits for the entire summer. 

Jane

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2020, 11:55:43 AM »

I am still finding and removing adhesive from both arms where the IV ports were attached!   Ick.   It's persistent stuff.

Awww, not fun. 

Jane

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »

Yes it is DR singdaw......I deal with it everyday......

Truly not fun when there won't be an end to it.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »

Well, the sad story is I have not slept at all.  Was in bed at twelve-thirty and the brain was and is on overload, no matter what I do.  Cannot fall asleep.  I honestly don't know how I'll get through the day, I'm on the verge of canceling Sunday's show and the November show because I can't function like this.  There is no way I won't get sick from it - I can feel it happening already and have been fighting it for five or six days.  I don't want to sleep ten hours or twelve hours I just want eight hours a day.  I would have taken an hour or two but with the stupid tree people coming that won't happen either.

Sorry.  I wish I couldn't identify with this.

STAY WELL VIBES!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »

I got new silicone tube pans to make the whiskey nut cake. I didn’t realize they were smaller. So now I have two cakes fresh out of the oven.

It sounds heavenly.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »

They need to be wrapped in cheesecloth and then marinated in whiskey for several months. These are for Christmas.

Yum, yum, yum.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2020, 12:06:02 PM »

Bruce your lack of sleep explains your early FB response on my behalf this morning.  I suppose I set myself up with my question on his page yesterday.  Thank you for responding.

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2020, 12:12:14 PM »

Just sad ;)

Eating the cookie without removing the fortune would be even sadder.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2020, 12:25:21 PM »

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »

I have a Microsoft Word question: does anyone know how to do a universal search to accomplish something, like make one space between a period and a new sentence.  A relic of my old typing days, I usually do two spaces, but that appears to be politically incorrect now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »

I have a Microsoft Word question: does anyone know how to do a universal search to accomplish something, like make one space between a period and a new sentence.  A relic of my old typing days, I usually do two spaces, but that appears to be politically incorrect now.

Yes.  I do this all the time.  Hit "Ctrl+H" and the Find and Replace box will pop up.  In the Find what: box, type ".  " (that's period-space-space).  Then in the Replace with: box, type ". " (period-space).  Then, you can click on the Replace All button. 

I usually just find two spaces and replace with one space in general and just keep clicking the Replace All button until there are no more double spaces in my document.  Just be specific on what you want to find and what you want to replace it with. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:51:17 PM by George »

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2020, 01:32:56 PM »

A year or so ago I'd heard and read so much about how the two spaces had always been technically incorrect, that I determined right then and there to change my own habits. After a couple of days of posting and whatnot, I got used to doing it and I'm happy with that.

The colon, likewise, is supposed to have only one space after it, and we were taught to use two for the same reason.

George

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »

A year or so ago I'd heard and read so much about how the two spaces had always been technically incorrect, that I determined right then and there to change my own habits. After a couple of days of posting and whatnot, I got used to doing it and I'm happy with that.

The colon, likewise, is supposed to have only one space after it, and we were taught to use two for the same reason.

I'd read that the change was made when computer word processing and printing came into common use.  The look of the document when printed on a typewriter was more suited for two spaces, whereas the computer generated printing made the single space look better. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up