Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPERGUY  (Read 23331 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SUPERGUY
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:16 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've leapt some tall buildings at a single bound, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home faster than a speeding bullet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 12:01:49 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SUPERGUY
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 12:00:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: PUSILLANIMOUS!  

Try typing THAT five times in a row quickly.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:04:28 AM »

I couldn't even type it once quickly!  I tried...it didn't work...

I am watching the DVD of Little Shop Of Horrors, which I picked up at the library this afternoon.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 12:06:56 AM »

PUSILLANIMOUS: It's a word I use a lot in my business, for example: Most studio executives are PUSILLANIMOUS in their committment to interesting material.

La Jolie Femme

• I can't read your mind, but you don't know that.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 12:12:53 AM »

BK,
Pusillanimous,Pusillanimous,Pusillanimous, Pusillanimous,,Pusillanimous!

Why does a muskrat NOT GUARD HIS MUSK?
Because he is PUSILLANIMOUS!

In a world, where folks run from the merest peep,
Where lovers never meet for fear of discovery,
Where the only sound is the sound of pride being thrown to the ground...
Pusillanimous is the name of the game!

Coming this millenium to a theater or an indigenous government near you.....
Pusillanimous..the movie...see it and lose all hope for recourse!

Fish to all ( and BK, I still say, listen to "Kicks", then "Gotham", then play "Kicks" again and sing "Gotham" OVER it....same key, same format. Sheesh!!! Is this a mandala or WHAT??

Much and much...
La Jolie Femme
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:15:28 AM by La Jolie Femme »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 12:16:09 AM »

Favourite hot sandwiches.  My local donut shoppe (as in shop-pee) makes a lovely hot pastrami sandwich.  The other day when I was in, the young lady who runs the shoppe suggested I try a hot pastrami and egg sandwich.  And it were quite deelicious!

Also in Pasadena...home of our dear absent Jay (who I have every confidence will return soon)...is The Hat which makes a brilliant hot patstrami sandwich, with tons of pastrami towering high...a real artery clogger, that baby!

And sometimes there ain't nothing like a good ole simple toasty grilled cheese sandwiche (as in sandwich-ee) with a cup of creamy tomato soup.  I like to dip the grilled cheese sandwiche into the mater soup.  Comfort food!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:47:13 AM by Charles Pogue »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 12:38:21 AM »

When I was younger, I liked a hot turkey sandwich with gravy.  I don't think I've ever had a Monte Christo - is that hot?

PUSILLANIMOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 12:40:29 AM »

I'm listening to the Claremont High School production of Li'l Abner circa 1966.  It's quite charming actually.  The band is almost with the singers, and they're not half-bad for a high school band.  The Li'l Abner has quite a pleasant voice, as does Daisy Mae.  There are the usual lesser talents, but I love this score so much I just let it all float past.  The show was recorded "live" in a gymnasium, so the sound is a bit difficult at times.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 12:40:45 AM »

Now I'm hungry for a hot sandwich.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 12:41:25 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

I'm afraid we've had the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS again.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 12:47:42 AM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about hot sandwiches and PUSILLANIMOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 12:52:52 AM »

Well, I guess I shall toddle off to the bedroom environment to dream of hot sandwiches.

May the good Lord take a likin' to ya.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 12:53:15 AM »

But, before I go might I just say: PUSILLANIMOUS!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 03:58:57 AM »

MacDonald’s had had a Rice Hot Hamburger Sandwich as a seasonal item for a while a few years ago.  It’s just putting a bamburger between buns made by baked rice, which are shaped look like their original buns, with Teriyaki sauce. It’s not bad, but it’s not much good…a little strange for me.  Do they have Teriyaki Hamburger Sandwich in the US?  It’s better, I think.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 04:01:10 AM »

Did you have a dream of hot sandwiches, dear BK?

Ben

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 05:54:01 AM »

I have never been a PUSILLANIMOUS pussyfooter, nor do I believe in being a nattering nabob of negativism

Ah, the memories of 1969. I was a sophomore at Coon Rapids Senior High School, discovering the joys of live theatre, doing every show I could in school and in community theatre and also joining protests against the Vietnam War and laughing at people like Spiro Agnew, our then Vice-President, as he spouted the phrases above, written for him by those stalwart speechwriters William Safire and Pat Buchanan. Little did I know that some 30 odd years later they would still be working to dismantle society as we know it and rebuild it in their own craven image and woe to the dissenters.

My, my where did that come from?

I'm seeing Shockheaded Peter this evening. An English musical based on 19th Century German (I believe) children's stories. Sounds fascinating. I'll report tomorrow (even though tomorrow is Media Check day and it's also Talent Round Up Day on the old Mickey Mouse Club).

JRand, I don't think I clicked on the Julie London link previously. I did this morning and laughed out loud. Very funny!

VixMom, you're in Deer Park? I ride through your hamlet every time I take the LIRR out to Centereach. I'll be doing it this Friday after work when I head out for the long weekend. When you mentioned Tangier, I thought you were farther out on the Island but I see you're a mid-Suffolk person. Only one more week of current train fares before the increase on February 27th. Too bad we can't stock up on cheaper rail tickets.

I love those diner/50s-60s open-faced sandwiches like turkey with mashed potatoes and a side of green beans, covered in hot gravy. Umm, umm. Brings back memories. Comfort food.

Hmm, half my post seems to be about memories. As I grow older, I'm living in the past.

Off to work. TTFN

Ben

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 05:54:36 AM »

Hello, dear Lawrence or Larry or Elmore. I call you many things but you are also a friend!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 06:16:09 AM »

Hello, DRBen!  Michael Tilson Thomas called me Lorenzo when we did the PBS/Brookly Academy Gershwin Centennial.  I never think of you as a Benjamin or Bennie, but a friend indeed!  After all the fraught "where is everyone" from our host at 10 pm PST, which is 1 am here, I feel the same way at 9 am EST, so it's good to have you here with me.  Where is everybody?

I never liked hot sandwiches, so I have nothing to add here.  My favorite cold sandwich these days is muenster cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on whole wheat toast.

Dear Friend BK, about the reading on March 18, the answer is no.  If I stepped into the book shop, after being absent since 1998 or so, the event would no longer be about you and your books, which is what it should be; I would have to deal with the owners, anyone I know still working there, and all the catching up.  I love the  shop and I love many of the people I worked with there, but my feelings about my time there, from health insurance to event invitations after I left, is too  complicated to sort through in an evening about you, not me.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 06:17:31 AM »

Now DRBen has signed off, but I have DRs Rodszinski and Jennifer with me.  Howdy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 06:25:33 AM »

I was very happy with last night's American Idol.  Everybody I want made the final 24.

Btw, what do you guys think of the new format:

WHAT'S NEXT?

Over 100,000 people tried out. The judges have picked their favorite 24.

Over the next three weeks, the guys will perform on Monday and the girls will perform on Tuesday, with the fans voting each night. On Wednesday, two guys and two girls will be sent home until we have 6 guys and 6 girls for our 12 finalists. And from there, they'll perform each week for you until you've voted for your next American Idol!

Ben

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 06:28:58 AM »

And now I'm back for a while until a missing older appears.

Rodzinski, glad you'll be joining us at Penny's show on March 18th. We will have many new faces to meet and greet.

I'm listening to Radio Ulster right now. Oh, how I love the Irish brogue. Even though I'm at least half English, the Irish seems to predominate. I could live in Dublin (although that's a far way from Ulster) in a heartbeat. Fell in love with the city in 1988 when I spent two weeks there.

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 06:34:11 AM »

Here are the American Idol Final 24:

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

I'm curious who everyone's favorites are.

The ones I like right now are: Anwar, Anthony, Constantine, Amanda, Carrie,  Lindsey,  Mario, Nadia and Mikalah.

There are a few who I don't recall ever seeing: Aloha,  Melinda, Travis, Sarah, Joseph.

The ones who I suspect will be extremely popular by the masses:  Mario Vasquez, Anwar, Constantine, Anthony.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 06:36:41 AM »

Back to work, at least for a while, until a convienent moment arrives to interrupt myself.

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 06:47:40 AM »

BK, not to worry, Leslie will be all for you!

Michael Forest had mentioned running into her when he was at a Star Trek convention about 5 years ago and I knew that was my cue!

I will remind him to contact her in a few weeks, if he hasn't done so by then.

Of course she may not want to be interviewed, in which case I am stuck...but it is a start and at least we know where she resides, more or less, and that she has done at least 2 Star Trek convention in the Seattle area.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 06:49:02 AM by MBarnum »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 06:55:40 AM »

Yesterday DR JRand54 said "We subdivided a large property, put in streets, streetlights, sewer & waterlines, and turn berm on the road....and then the local zoning board decided (after we put up six homes) that no new construction could be done because of the airport and the noise pollution the homes would be subjected to.  Talk about owning a road to nowhere!"

and in my frustrationand annoyance with the builder in my neighborhood I  never addressed this calamity he suffered, for which I humbly apologize. I was self-centered and  rude.    :-[   Please forgive me, Jack.

I lay in bed last night (well early this morning, I didn;'t sign off until gone 1 AM) wondering: What ever did happen to your investment?  This must have been awful for you.  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 07:02:11 AM »

VixMom, you're in Deer Park? I ride through your hamlet every time I take the LIRR out to Centereach. I'll be doing it this Friday after work when I head out for the long weekend. When you mentioned Tangier, I thought you were farther out on the Island but I see you're a mid-Suffolk person. Only one more week of current train fares before the increase on February 27th. Too bad we can't stock up on cheaper rail tickets.

Yes, I've beenin Deer Park since 1966, living at my fourth address here, but now with this stupid Tanger business it may be time to leave!  The same people who own the Riverhead Tangers, and the ones down in Woody's area have decided to build here because we are 35 miles from NYC and 35 miles from Riverhead, so they figure all the people in NYC,and Queens, Brooklyn and Nassau that currently travel out to Riverhead can just stop here instead.

I am very riled...sorry I'll try not to rant about this any more today (but no promises!!)  :D

Ben, you mentioned a clown show on LI this weekend, is this a performance I could bring the Vixter to?

I am very familar with Centereach as I spent a couple of very happy years in the SCCC drama department.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 07:02:19 AM »

I meant to tell you all about my treasure digging at Rodgers & Hammerstein yesterday.  It all began with a nicely funky chord in "Something Wonderful," that has never appeared, to my knowledge, in any published version of the song, but it is in Russell Bennett's scoring.  The question over the chord led to my digging out Trude Rittman's file on THE KING AND I, and sure enough, the chord is in the ms copy of the song.   This file gave me an excuse to look through Trude's work on the show, including her pencil sketch of "The Small House of Uncle Thomas" and all the songs as they existed in rehearsal.  There was a long extended scene for Anna, with Lady Thiang acting as translator, about her late husband Tom, which led into "Hello, Young Lovers," which I'd love to hear. as well as "Waiting," which Dear Friend BK recorded for LOST IN BOSTON.  In the same storage carton were Russell Bennett's orchestra scores for these two numbers as well as the Kralahome's "Now You Leave."  A good time was had by me!

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 07:05:15 AM »

And sometimes there ain't nothing like a good ole simple toasty grilled cheese sandwiche (as in sandwich-ee) with a cup of creamy tomato soup.  I like to dip the grilled cheese sandwiche into the mater soup.  Comfort food!

I agree, especially on a cold, rainy day, but to be perfect, the bread must be rye, the cheese must be cheddar and the creamy tomato soup must have rice in it!!

vixmom

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 07:06:39 AM »

I meant to tell you all about my treasure digging at Rodgers & Hammerstein yesterday.  It all began with a nicely funky chord in "Something Wonderful," that has never appeared, to my knowledge, in any published version of the song, but it is in Russell Bennett's scoring.  The question over the chord led to my digging out Trude Rittman's file on THE KING AND I, and sure enough, the chord is in the ms copy of the song.   This file gave me an excuse to look through Trude's work on the show, including her pencil sketch of "The Small House of Uncle Thomas" and all the songs as they existed in rehearsal.  There was a long extended scene for Anna, with Lady Thiang acting as translator, about her late husband Tom, which led into "Hello, Young Lovers," which I'd love to hear. as well as "Waiting," which Dear Friend BK recorded for LOST IN BOSTON.  In the same storage carton were Russell Bennett's orchestra scores for these two numbers as well as the Kralahome's "Now You Leave."  A good time was had by me!

That sounds klike an absolutely heavenly way to spend a day!!

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 07:09:42 AM »

, you've leapt some tall buildings at a single bound, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home faster than a speeding bullet.

When we married, we gave some consideration to the idea of hypening our last names. But Epervary-Mann just sounded too much like a superhero for our taste. So my maiden name vanished into the pages of history.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:10:43 AM by vixmom »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up