Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAN ON A MISSION  (Read 21641 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:MAN ON A MISSION
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 04:55:49 AM »

Good morning DR HISAKA!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 04:56:18 AM »

Page Two.

Crepuscular!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 04:59:23 AM »

Good morning DR HISAKA! Even though you are now gone. I was reading the end of yesterday's posts and now I'm in today's posts.

I must get to work quickly so no time for a long post. I will be back later, I hope.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 05:14:38 AM »

Believe it or not

I like The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima

and does

The Miracle Worker count?
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 06:02:30 AM »

DR Hisaka

I have runa cross a Japanese show that is shown here with subtitle sometimes on late night TV.  It is about a young American woman of Japanese descent, who is stayingin Japan while attending school.  She seems to be living witha family that includes a young male school teacher and a boy about 12 years old, a couple that just had a new baby.  I was wondering if you had ever heard of it and if you could give me some background (I don't know the name of the show as they didn't out up English subtitel for that!)  It was a very intresting family drama and I would be intrested in seeing more of it.  Thanks!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2005, 06:28:11 AM »

DRs SWW & DerB, I am sorry to hear about Bruno.. at least he was in  a better place before he went to a better place...how are the other puppies and Mom dealing with it? (and how are you  two?)

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2005, 06:28:34 AM »

TOD - In This House of Brede and The Shoes of the Fisherman, along with previously-mentioned The Nun's Story and The Cardinal.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 06:29:58 AM »

Sorry DR Joey, good vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good job vibes to DR Ann. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And sorry DR SWW and Der Brucer about the puppy. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2005, 06:35:59 AM »

Last night's American Idol was a stark contrast to last week's show.

I was not too surprised with the eliminated.  For the women I figured it was between Celena, Aloha and Janey.  The first two went, and i'm quite certain the latter will go next week.

For the men, I thought it was between David, joseph and travis. And again the first two were eliminated.  And the latter will probably go next week.

The finalists will probably be: anwar, mario, bo, constantine, and anthony (that leaves nikko and travis and scott).  I assume scott will round out the finalists, but perhaps it could be nikko.

And for the women: Carrie, Nadia, mikayla, jessica, and amanda should make it through(that leaves lindsey, janey, vonzell).  Janey is for sure gone.  I really like lindsey, so hope she stays.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »

DR Joey, I am very sorry about your grandmother.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2005, 06:44:56 AM »

and to DR SWW and Der Brucer, my condolences on the loss of little Bruno.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 06:46:36 AM »

I am agnostic, and yet I LOVE religious movies!!! So here is my list of faves....

SONG OF BERNADETTE
10 COMMANDMENTS (both silent and sound versions)
KING OF KINGS (silent version)
WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND

I know there are others...I have seen some wonderful Bollywood religious pictures as well.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 07:03:36 AM »

So sorry to hear about the loss of the puppy, DRs SWoody and DerBrucer. I know from my fostering days that sometimes the little ones just don't make it and we may never know why. You just have to remember that the successes outnumber the non-successes. And that's why you keep plugging on.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 07:28:10 AM »

I get a kick out of JC SUPERSTAR
also, THE RAPTURE.

And I like DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, which is arguably religious.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2005, 07:29:59 AM »

THE NUN'S STORY is my second favorite movie of all-time, so of course it has to lead this list.

I also like the Jeffrey Hunter KING OF KINGS and have great respect for THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST without actually loving it.

I fell asleep twice during THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD and don't think I've ever made it through the whole thing awake. It must be among the most boring movies ever made.

Best religious tearjerker for me is THE BELLS OF ST. MARY'S.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2005, 07:34:25 AM »

Paula's outraged reaction of Aloha's ouster was pretty ridiculous. As Simon said, there was no way she was going to win, and although she's far better singer than Jenay, does it REALLY mater who goes this week and who goes next week?

I liked Joseph a lot, but I knew he'd never win, so it didn't really matter to me when he left. I'm really expecting one of the guys to win the whole thing this year, and at this point I think it may be either Bo, Anthony, or Anwar.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 07:47:20 AM »

Hurley's back story on LOST last night was fascinating and adds another layer of mystery now with the puzzle of the jinx numbers. What an amazing show.

ALIAS made me a little irritated last night what with the easy escape for Sark and Sydney/Vaughn's slow decision to explode him. Also read a little spoiler on the TV GUIDE website about the ALIAS season finale

STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW IT

Irina Derevko will make an appearance at the end of the season whether it's played by Lena Olin or not.

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2005, 08:12:58 AM »

TOD:

vixmom

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2005, 08:13:21 AM »

and

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2005, 08:13:47 AM »

and don't forget

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2005, 08:16:26 AM »

Last night's LOST was interesting.  The fat guy's back story was crazy but good.  I still find it pretty funny how every single person has such a crazy history!

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »

Hmm, I just wrote the above comment before reading DR MattH's comment on the show.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2005, 08:24:18 AM »

DRs SWW & DerB, I am sorry to hear about Bruno.. at least he was in  a better place before he went to a better place...how are the other puppies and Mom dealing with it? (and how are you  two?)
DR Vixmom: Baxter and Benedick just came back from a walk with Momma Peggy and der Brucer.  Baxter still isn't eating like we'd like him to, but is showing considerable energy; he and Benedick were playing tug-of-war with an old toy that they found.

Momma Peggy is definately missing poor Bruno, and is very attentive to the two puppies she does have.

Der Brucer and I were shook by losing Bruno, of course.  Even being with him for just a day, we'd developed an attachment to the little fellow.  That is, of course, part of fostering; if we didn't love dogs, we wouldn't be doing it.  We'll be taking the trio to a vet later today, to see what can be done about the mange problems and any other health issues.

Dear DR Hisaka: We know nothing about the pups' father.  Peggy and her pups were found as strays by the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, abandoned and alone.

Thanks to all for your continued best wishes.  And thank-you, DR DearReaderLaura, for your support with your past experiences.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2005, 08:24:26 AM »

of course there's

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 08:35:40 AM »

I found an interesting article today. http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=616313

The website for the audio collection is http://collectbritain.co.uk/ I think it sounds like it might be handy if someone was working on mastering an accent for a role. It's also fun because the recordings are often stories of people from their childhood and such.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2005, 08:50:42 AM »

CREPUSCULAR!

I, too, like The Cardinal and Lillies of the Field.

vixmom

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2005, 08:52:14 AM »

DR's SWW  & derB

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2005, 08:57:55 AM »

There have been many wonderful religious-themed films made, and I concur with all the above, but some havent been named (or I missed them):

"Fiddler on the Roof" -- has quite a bit to do with religion as a way of life for an entire people.

"Field of Dreams" -- "Is this heaven?"  "No.  It's Iowa." "I could have sworn it was heaven."  "Maybe it is."

"Stairway to Heaven" (aka "A Matter of Life and Death") -- FAB-ulous allegorical film with David Niven and Teresa Wright.

"Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:00:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2005, 09:03:28 AM »

In the "they never learn" department...

We're just back from another loose dog chase.  The wind blew the front door open...again.  Marty, Mikey, Buster, Bonnie and Fletcher all went tearing down the hill...again.  Der Brucer hopped in the car, while I found my shoes...again.  All five were already in the car by the time I made it down the hill, chasing after everyone.  

Again.

This makes two days in a row that der B hasn't made sure the front door was closed.  I learned my lesson over a year ago, when the wind blew the door open while der B was back west (that phrase has an odd sound) getting our furniture moved.  I think der B has learned his lesson this time.

Getting back, der B went downstairs and found Baxter nicely hungry and ready for food.  

If we can get the pups and Peggy a clean bill of health, maybe we can integrate the family.  

- S. Woody "I'm pooped!" White.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2005, 09:05:48 AM »

In the For What It's Worth department:

"A Matter of Life and Death" (aka "Stairway to Heaven") is now available for PRE-order at Amazon.com.  Title has been announced, but release date is not yet fixed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up