Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUNNY HOP  (Read 14692 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:THE BUNNY HOP
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2005, 11:00:39 AM »

JMK, I was thrilled to read last night your post about the evening news piece that DeLay and Frist have been forced into an embarrassing silence about the Shiavo case now that the poll numbers show an overwhelming opposition of 75% of Americans and 68% of Republicans oppose the Republicans (who in the Clinton days used to rail about the Rule of Law) trying to flout the laws of this land and do end runs around them.  Nice to see the system still does work and that people still have enough gumption to get appalled when a political party still makes hash of them.  I always hoped that when the Republicans pushed their overweening arrogance too far the American people would get on their haunches and roar back.  Perhaps if they pull a few more of these bone-head grandstand totalitarian take-overs, we might sweep a bunch out of office and change the complexion of Congress and restore the checks-and-balance system.  It's good to know the American public is still doing a little of the checking and balancing with the poll numbers.  But it's tough when you have a President who has been quoted as saying:  "I don't have to answer to anyone."

It's a shame we have lost a perfectly good political party  by their shameless pandering to the extremists under their tent.  Maybe missteps like this will make the sane ones in their party move back to the center where most of the country still is.

Interesting article in the paper today about DeLay who had to make a similar decision not to recusitate his own father when he was in a coma.  Of course, his minions are claiming it's not the same thing at all.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »

I hope that poor woman has a great sense of humor.  At least she didn’t have a boring day.

Ginny good health vibes and have a great discussion on Thursday.  I’m waiting to hear your opinion of the book.

Kerry

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »

Happy Easter to all, and to all a good night!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 11:29:31 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2005, 11:48:39 AM »

I'm feeling so very festive today.  I've already been out to the Studio City Farmer's Market, to Gelson's, and various and sundried other jernts.  It's a bit overcast but lovely nonetheless.  I may even watch Easter Parade today, what do you think of that?

Kerry

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »

I'm going to go door-to-door and sing Easter Carols to all the neighbors.
I like boat races.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2005, 12:22:06 PM »

Happy Easter to everyone (who cares about it ::))!  I'm not a religious person at all, so that aspect of the holiday isn't important to me.

I'm off to my sister's for home-made chocolate chip pancakes, then eventually we'll end up at our parents' for dinner (I don't know what we'll be having).  So, have a fine day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2005, 12:33:38 PM »

Yes, bk, we shall love you, KUMQUAT may!

der Brucer
Kumquat may?  It isn't even April yet!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2005, 12:45:53 PM »

I originally wrote:

(I was going to make it pink for Easter, but that color makes you think you are going blond)
No, those are just highlights.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2005, 01:14:05 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  You'd think it was Easter or something.  

KUMQUAT!

Well, I'm here, baby, and I'm festively festive.

Tomovoz

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2005, 01:33:02 PM »

I turned back time last evening. (An Eddie Fisher reference for those old enough or A Cher reference for the youngsters). Such power. I guess the Northern Hemishpere springs forwards tonight.  Now to recalculate the time differences again.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2005, 01:56:24 PM »

I guess the Northern Hemishpere springs forwards tonight.  Now to recalculate the time differences again.

No so fast, McGee.

The spring clock turn-overs run from 20 Feb (Brazil) thru 28 Apr (Egypt): 26 Mar - Australia; 27 Mar - Europe; 1 Apr - North America.

For you Bobby Darin-ites I commend TIME so you can never claim "I didn't know what time it was".

der Brucer

« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 01:57:36 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2005, 02:00:54 PM »

Interesting article in the paper today about DeLay who had to make a similar decision not to recusitate his own father when he was in a coma.  Of course, his minions are claiming it's not the same thing at all.

DeLay doesn't have "minions", the Devil has "minions"....hmmm,....oh,.....nevermind!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2005, 02:25:23 PM »

My goodness, them Easter eggs must be REALLY hard to find - that must be the reason not many are here partaying away.

KUMQUAT!

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2005, 02:35:55 PM »

I was partaying away, but then I fell asleep on the couch, right in the middle of TUM BIN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2005, 02:45:05 PM »

And where are the photographs of Easter partaying and pyjamas, that is what I, BK, would like to know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2005, 02:46:59 PM »

Yes, I did.  I had an Arch Hall Jr film festival.  First up was WILD GUITAR followed by EE-GAH followed by his signature role in THE SADIST.

DRMBARNUM I didn't read the interview you mentioned yesterday.  What did he have to say?

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2005, 02:47:16 PM »

Nice bear!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2005, 02:50:43 PM »

Well MR BK - you asked for it.  

Here is a picture of a pajama party!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2005, 02:55:15 PM »

Peggy Swenson wrote a book about it!  :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »

And this photo is too SHOCKING to post, but  if you dare - click on the link! :o

http://stleonard1954.net/paulettephotos/pjparty0155.jpg
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 03:00:13 PM by JRand54 »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »

Easter dinner was terrific. My host served turkey, broccoli casserole, scalloped potatoes, and succotash. He prepared a strawberry shortcake for dessert. I ate WAY too much.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2005, 03:15:49 PM »

After dinner we watched SHARK TALE. The poor writers used every possible pun on various brand names, celenrities, movies relating them to the sea. Not the greatest story in the world, but it was very, very colorful and I laughed a lot.

I have to say, though, that I'm glad THE INCREDIBLES won Best Animated Feature over this and SHREK 2.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »

DRMBARNUM I didn't read the interview you mentioned yesterday.  What did he have to say?

My recollection is that he was a good sport about his movies, and his dad was trying to make him the next big teen idol! I think it was a two part interview that was in Fangoria last year....I didn't buy it...just read it at the store.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2005, 03:17:30 PM »

Before I left for the dinner, I synced up my laserdisc of THE PIRATE with the TCM screening from early this morning.

The laserdisc is brighter and more deeply colorful. Both were about the same in sharpness, so if I burn a DVD, I will burn it from the laserdisc rather than the TCM version.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2005, 03:18:42 PM »

I must get back to my movie...but I was sidetracked with ordering some Bollywood movies from Indiaweekly.com...they had a new release of an old 1965 India movie about traveling to an underwater city and battling a secret race of beings...it sounded too crazy to pass up (and it was only $5.99!).

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2005, 03:20:05 PM »

I did notice that KING OF KINGS looked simply gorgeous on TCM this afternoon. I have not bought the DVD, but if it looks and sounds this good, perhaps I should (and I'm sure the DVD would be anamorphic which would add even more sharpness).

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2005, 03:21:48 PM »

Off to see if I can find used copies of SHARK TALE and KING OF KINGS for ridiculously cheap prices. Be back later.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

DRMATTH - I have the KoK DVD and it is very nice.  It is a digital transfer but there is no notation about it being enhanced for widescreen televisions or anamorphic (I don't know what that means) - it is letterboxed!

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2005, 03:42:58 PM »

DRMATTH - I have the KoK DVD and it is very nice.  It is a digital transfer but there is no notation about it being enhanced for widescreen televisions or anamorphic (I don't know what that means) - it is letterboxed!

Unless you have a widescreen television, such enhancement wouldn't mean anything to you anyway. But on a widescreen TV , the picture will look squeezed if it's enhanced for widescreen TVs (also known as anamorphic enhancement). One must use the picture format key on the remote so that the squeezed picture will be expanded on our widescreen sets. When one does this, the scan lines double in the DVD transfer, and the picture fills more of the screen and thus becomes sharper at the same time.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »

BTW, I found SHARK TALE for $6 and KING OF KINGS for $7. Both have been purchased.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up