Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: POSTMORTEM  (Read 26022 times)

Ginny

Re:POSTMORTEM
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 07:37:08 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  This is the first of my last two regularly-scheduled 12noon-9pm workdays.  Starting next week, I will only work an evening when I elect to do a program or have a speaking engagement.  YAY!

I am so glad BK's show turned out so well - DR PennyO made some very astute observations about academia, too.

This afternoon I'll be teaching the May edition of Grantseeking Basics, so won't be 'round these here parts much.

For those of you who've been to Paramount King's Island, the front page headlines in the Cincinnati paper today is that it's been sold to the company that owns Cedar Point.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 07:40:39 AM »

Good morning all. BK, glad you are feeling better about your teaching experience.  The students need someone like you.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 07:43:29 AM »

My lawn guy called at 7:30 am and has already been here, done the lawn and left.   It's nice to be here and be able to chat with him a little.  He commiserated with me that the GD plumber I was so mad at apparently cut off the water supply to the lawn irrigation system. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when a REAL plumber shows up.   Off to service the car....

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 07:52:45 AM »

Re: last night's MEDIUM.

spoiler space.

I really enjoyed it.

It made me very uncomfortable at the beginning when Alison had to leave her job. I was not sure how she would get out of that one.

I really enjoyed how her dreams showed what her life would be like. And when she still found her way to her husband ... well that was really moving.

Good episode. And by the whole beginning being a dream, it was quite different than most of the other episodes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:35:19 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 07:55:31 AM »

RE: last night's APPRENTICE.

Not sure if anyone else here still watches.

But ...

I was so happy that Trump fired those two women. I have not been able to stand them for weeks.  It's such a shame that the women were such witches. I knew they would go after each other (they claimed to be best friends). Really, in past seasons I have loved so many of the women (kendra, and the great brunette they had last time). But this season I did not find the women to be as talented (well the bossy one andrea had great promise, but he fired her weeks ago).

Anyhow it seems obvious that Shawn will be the winner. He did a great job last night. And I was yelling at my tv for trump to fire both women and he did. So Yeah! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2006, 07:57:40 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Looks like it will be a lovely day out.  

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »

Neck update.

Yesterday was pretty bad, much worse than sunday. The only way i could stop the pain was to take the pills (which i don't like doing). But anyhow it did help a lot. I was in a lot of pain without them.

Today seems good so far. I actually slept very well (did not sleep the night before). So hopefully it will continue to improve (and that the only relief won't be when i take the pills).

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »

A  Appeal  From: The Vixter

Please help me to raise money to help sick kids in St. Jude's Hospital. I am going to complete 250 math problems ( I hate math!) I am asking people to sponsor me. You can pledge to pay a certain amount for each problem, 10 cents a problem would be $25.00 (see I'm doing math already!!) or you could just pledge a "flat amount" of any amount you choose. You can even pledge online!! If you prefer, you can pay by check payable to St Jude's Childrens Hospital. If you call my Mom she'll even come and pick the check up! I really hate doing math problems but I figure it's still easier than what those sick kids have to deal with in the hospital. If I can help them get better sooner and help them go home to their families then its worth doing math. Thanks for reading this and thanks for helping me to help others. Love, Vicky

. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. No family ever pays for treatments not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, its fund-raising organization.

St.Jude Facts

St. Jude treats 180 patients every day on an outpatient basis.
We maintain 60 inpatient beds.
St. Jude has about 4,700 patients in active status.
During past five years, 84.3 percent of every dollar went to current or future needs.
St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and more than 70 foreign countries.
St. Jude Hospital's daily operating costs: $1,027,832.
In 1962, survival rate for ALL was 4 percent. Today, it's 85 percent. Hodgkin disease is 90 percent; Medulloblastoma is 75 percent; Wilms tumor is 90 percent.
Protocols have brought survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent to more than 70 percent.

If any one is ineterested please let me know and I can email you the direct link to her donation page .  Thanks!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:06 AM »

Morning has broken...I've awakened, washed, brushed, dressed, driven and arrived at work.

I'm on tenterhooks today....tenterhooks.

Tenterhooks, I tell you.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:39 AM »

And why, you might ask -- one or two of you, at any rate -- am I on tenterhooks?

Well, I'll tell you.

Yes, I'll tell you.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2006, 08:16:33 AM »

I have some bids up on eBay for a few things I absolutely MUST WIN!

I MUST, I tell you.  MUST.

They're fantastic things.

To me.

So...I've got about $600 in bids going out on a handful of FANTASTIC items....

...any one of which would be perfectly fine if that's all I were to win...but I'm hoping/hopeful for me....especially a few I dare not mention lest I jinx the entire bidding process.

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2006, 08:18:15 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~EBAY WIN VIBES FOR RLP~~~~~~[/move][/color]

did you use esnipe?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »

I realize that, to a few of you, $600 is mere chicken feed.

Well....cluck, cluck-cluck....cock-a-doodle-doo...I'm a banty rooster and I'm all on edge today.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2006, 08:18:51 AM »

Neck update.

Yesterday was pretty bad, much worse than sunday. The only way i could stop the pain was to take the pills (which i don't like doing). But anyhow it did help a lot. I was in a lot of pain without them.

Today seems good so far. I actually slept very well (did not sleep the night before). So hopefully it will continue to improve (and that the only relief won't be when i take the pills).

DR Jen, what kind of pillow do you sleep on?  My sister has one of those memory foam pillows that she swears by.  She hasn't awakened with a neck ache since she began using it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:03 AM »

I realize that, to a few of you, $600 is mere chicken feed.

Well....cluck, cluck-cluck....cock-a-doodle-doo...I'm a banty rooster and I'm all on edge today.

and to some of us it is a very sizable sum!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:06 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~EBAY WIN VIBES FOR RLP~~~~~~[/move][/size][/color]

did you use esnipe?

Thanks,...

...and yes I did.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2006, 08:20:17 AM »

I know what you're feeling, DR Ron. Many of us have gone through that dreaded anticipation of wanting something there and not being assured of getting it. Crossed fingers for good luck with your bids.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2006, 08:20:59 AM »

And now, I'm off for some household chores before starting lunch preparation.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »

If any one is ineterested please let me know and I can email you the direct link to her donation page .  Thanks!

Count me in, but she must show her work!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2006, 08:21:35 AM »

and to some of us it is a very sizable sum!!!!

To moi aussi!!

But once in a great while, something comes along that makes it a worthwhile investment.

Truth to tell, I have precious "little hope" that most of my bids will stand the rest of the day.  They were well above existing bids last night...but these kinds of things balloon in the final seconds...so you bid your max and hope for the best.

Still...I've been surprised before...so the tenterhooks have taken hold and are tugging at me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:21:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  WINNING BIDS VIBES FOR DR RON  ! ! ! ! ![/move]

I really lucked out with a recent eBay acquisition--a framed and matted window card from EQUUS.  They only other bidder was an eBay newbie (who had a negative feedback number, yet!)  I was able to bid and win the auction with ease.  

Not only that, but the seller contacted me just over a week after the auction had ended and profusely apologized for not yet sending the print to me and offered to refund the price of the shipping.  

The print arrived in pristine condition and I have it sitting atop one of my office overhangs.  It's very eye catching--everyone stops to look at it and ask what it's about ("Well, it's about this kid who blinds six horses...")
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »

Count me in, but she must show her work!

Thanks!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2006, 08:51:30 AM »

Best of luck to DR RLP....on EBAY....the electronic garage sale that I love!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 08:52:40 AM »

Yes DRMATTH, my THE BEST OF EVERYTHING is the official TCF video release in p/s....the DVD is only about $7 now on Amazon, so I may add it to one of my pre-orders coming up.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2006, 08:53:01 AM »

The print arrived in pristine condition and I have it sitting atop one of my office overhangs.  It's very eye catching--everyone stops to look at it and ask what it's about ("Well, it's about this kid who blinds six horses...")

Would that I had adequate space to display some of my treasures....

Well...one day....one day.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »

Best of luck to DR RLP....on EBAY....the electronic garage sale that I love!!

TKS

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~Neck Healing Vibes for Jennifer~~~~~[/move][/color]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »

And yes, Robert Evans is a terrible actor....no matter how much Norma Shearer thought he looked like Irving Thalberg.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

TOD:

Same as DRMBARNUM.

Keebler's Pecan Sandies!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2006, 08:55:25 AM »

What is the title of the Brain's big song?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up