Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: KIP  (Read 29980 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:KIP
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »

Finished the evening with more WILL & GRACE episodes. Almost finished the fourth disc, only one episode left.

The ones I saw included the one with Madonna guesting as a new roommate for Karen and another with MacCauley Culkin as Karen's divorce lawyer. The reading of the will episode was funny.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

Page Ten Figaro Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

I'm relatively new to PROJECT RUNWAY, so I don't know all the designs submitted previously by the designers or all the muck they've raked up in the past while working.

I agree with DR Elmore that Jeffrey, Michael, and Uli will be the three in the finals. They seem to have the most tasteful flair, the most confidence with what they're doing, and the most style.

I will admit that I know zip about women's clothes, however. Those are just my impressions from watching the last three episodes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2006, 08:46:51 PM »

I have never seen project wunway
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2006, 08:47:32 PM »

Don't people even think before they speak?

If they did, Defense Lawyers would not spend every other sentence in police interviews with "Don't say a word!".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2006, 08:47:38 PM »

We were supposed to have rain all day today: showers throughout the day and some heavy thunderstorms tonight. We didn't have a drop of rain fall here.

MBarnum

« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2006, 08:51:23 PM »

Welcome new D(ear) R(eader) Aspara...I think you will like it here!

MBarnum

« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »

Now I don't want to give poor DR Elmore3003 a heart attack but I think I may spend a good portion of the weekend reading rather then watching movies. If the weather is nice I want to take advantage of it and sit in the back yard before fall moves in and makes everything cold and grey....and besides I have some books that need finishing ......

MBarnum

« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2006, 08:55:10 PM »

...and I received two new books in  the mail...both are biographies...of vintage Bollywood actresses!

Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb

and

Fearless Nadia: the True Story of Bollywoods Original Stunt Queen

BK and JRand56 will recall the lovely Helen from our favorite Bollywood movie GUMNAAM!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:56:14 PM by MBarnum »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »

MBarnum

Are you familiar with Baunty Aur Babli?

I may pop it in to watch

There is a film here on Sunday
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2006, 09:01:38 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »

Mbarnum, DR aspara has also seen bollywood movies...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2006, 09:03:45 PM »

This film, Kahdi Alvida Naa Kehna, is playing on Sunday at the Fargo THeatre.

MBarnum

« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »

But, since it is evening in Oregon I will now start #1 Bollywood movie of the weekend...SHAHJAHAN (1946) which chronicals the story leading up to the building of the Taj Mahal...it promises much melodramatics and more then likely some nifty song and dance numbers...Bollywood of the 1940s was swell I am finding...I just wish more films from that era were available.

MBarnum

« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2006, 09:06:26 PM »

MBarnum

Are you familiar with Baunty Aur Babli?

I have heard of it, but not yet seen it. I believe that DR TD has seen it, however, as I think he listed it when he was talking about Bollywood movies he had seen...where has TD been, by the way!

MBarnum

« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:50 PM »

This film, Kahdi Alvida Naa Kehna, is playing on Sunday at the Fargo THeatre.

Hey Fargo isn't so behind the times now, is it! LOL!

And that is a brand new movie...lots of BIG Bollywood names in it...Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Abhishek Bachchan, and Arjun Rampal...plus a guest appearance by Mr. John Abraham!!!  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »

I did see a Deepa Mehta film last month called Water...

Fargo-Moorhead has a rather sizeable Indian community.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »

What, no one comments on the blurbs?  How devastating.

If you insist:

Authors living in Kentucky and writing blurbs for books published in America should not use British spelling (humour, colourful) - it's looks affected at best.

The final sentence's opener: "It's doubtful of that" is awkward;  kill the "of".

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2006, 09:20:21 PM »

Water was an interesting film. I would nto qualify it as a true bollywood film but more of a spiritual journey.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »

George-Congratulations on your upcoming role!

Thank you very much!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2006, 09:37:58 PM »

Thanks DakotaCelt!  Happy to be here.  I'm silent because i'm reading a plethora of posts.

Welcome, new DR Apsara! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »

And to quote dear old Cary Jacobs Bond, "When you come to the end of a perfect day......"

And so, to dear Esteemed and well-blurbed BK, and to the assembled H/Ks in the Living Room........nighty night.  :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »

"Patty's Pies" - trade name here in OZ. Connections everywhere.
Best known brand name for Meat Pies here is "Four and Twenty".

How about these gems:

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful post-birthday dinner with an old friend from my Navy days (in the mid-80s) who lives and works in Oakland.

Our paths cross very seldom, but we stay in touch.  So when I got a "let's catch up" invite for a birthday dinner I was more than glad to indulge.

I had a wonderful soup entree....kidney beans, white beans, and orzo with vegetables and shreds of meat in a robust saffron-tinged broth (to DIE for...).

The entree, rack of lamb with garlic-mashed potatoes and steamed veggies, hit just the right balance of plain and fancy. I ordered medium rare, and a rosy pink hue stretched from the center all the way out to the edges of the loin. It was served with a merlot-mint reduction sauce -- the red wine, cooked down until just the fruit and acid remained; and a handful of mint was evident in the sauce.   I am still savoring this entree...and it's been nearly two hours since I finished.

It was polished off with a nice large glass of red Sirrah.

We chatted back at his condo for about an hour while I caught up on his doings (I caught him up on my doings during dinner).

A promise of staying in touch and doing something together real soon ended the evening.

A most pleasant time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 09:56:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »

Wow, I can't believe we're on page 10.

FJL

« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »

Crazy time at work, with a brief intense spurt toward the September 15th corporate income tax deadline.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

Amazing, isn't it...

Soothing work vibes for FJL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »

Back from opening night about which more later.  Must now eat some chow.

Welcome to Aspara.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »

Larry! What are you doing up so late!

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2006, 11:18:30 PM »

Nightowlism...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up