News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVE  (Read 15198 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:LOVE
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »

Anybody hear about the woman (girl, really) whose toddler disappeared, who just commited suicide?  Doesn't bode well for the child, does it.  I have a soft spot for those little ones...makes me so sad.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »

odd post to start page 4 with, but there ya go...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:39 PM »

I go away for my adventure, and come back and we're still on the same PAGE?  I think Ye Olde Bitch-Slap Machine is coming out and coming out in FORCE, baby.

I had quite a fun time, but I'll write about it in tomorrow's notes - for now, I think I'll try to write a little bit.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »

The NYMF should call itself "pissing in the wind" productions:  we had an 11 AM band call for set for an 11:30 sound check.  Around 1:00 PM the asshole sound man showed up, there was little to deal with in balancing the band and too much time was spent on electronic drums (WHY???).  By 3 PM he was gone the soundboard is now run by a young lady who has to deal with 8 bodymikes and a hostile orchestrator.  At 6:00 they were still teching the show.  We have yet to do a full runthrough with the band, the sound is screwed, and we open tonight.  Color me pissed.

And scared.  On the positive side, the producers of our show are great, and the tech staff supplied by NYMF are friendly and cooperative.  Back to the show!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »

Morning all!

I think I may have taken care of problem.  I gave the two a dose of an over the counter wormer and I haven't seen them any more.  

You didn't see the dogs any more?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »

Breathe, DR Elmore, Breathe!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

I hope I am wrong because I'd love to see good things happen with his piece.

Hmmm.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  My drive to Columbus yesterday was a snap and I was there in time to hear my boss and a coworker give most of their presentation in the session before mine.  My co-presenter and I had only 16 people, due largely to competing topics that were more glitzy.  Went out to a nice dinner at Don Pablo's with my 2 bosses and a couple of others.  I crashed early and slept better than expected in the most uncomfortable bed ever.

This morning, when I arrived at the breakfast table, my manager Travis said, "Ginny, we have news."  Last month, I'd helped him craft a proposal and he'd received word late last night that Dayton Metro Library is one of 12 systems awarded grants for health and wellness programming for urban teens and their families  ;D

I attended sessions this morning on memoirs and audio books, had a nice lunch, didn't win one of the 2 MP3 players given as door prizes (but a friend did, so it's OK), had a latte happy hour at Stauf's with 3 other Dayton librarians, and drove home amid many, many semi trucks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2006, 04:32:25 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]THE SIZE THREE FONT DANCE!![/move]

Is that your response to the Topic of the Day???
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »

Anybody hear about the woman (girl, really) whose toddler disappeared, who just commited suicide?  Doesn't bode well for the child, does it.  I have a soft spot for those little ones...makes me so sad.

I read she did it not long after Nancy Grace went after her on her show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »

That's absolutely correct.  Ms. Grace bulldozed her on national TV, demanded to know how she could have LET this thing happen to her OWN child.

She was, allegedly, deeply in grief over her child's abduction that Grace's nastiness sent her into a tailspin of despaire.

Nancy Grace is a disgrace, not only to the once-dignified profession of news commentary, but to the female gender!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

That's absolutely correct.  Ms. Grace bulldozed her on national TV, demanded to know how she could have LET this thing happen to her OWN child.

She was, allegedly, deeply in grief over her child's abduction that Grace's nastiness sent her into a tailspin of despaire.

Nancy Grace is a disgrace, not only to the once-dignified profession of news commentary, but to the female gender!

Now there's something we can agree on!

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »

Last night, I was so tired that I just surfed the TV in my hotel room.  Caught a little bit of the replay of that.  Nancy Grace(less) was brutal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

Had to go do a couple of errands, and did manage to write a few lines - I'll probably do more tonight.  For now, I must sit on my couch like so much fish.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »

TOD - In 1964, US Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart said, about obscenity, he couldn't define it, but "I know it when I see it."  That's how I feel about love.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »

Love?  Sure, I know what love is.  It is what happens to the other guy.  But that's okay.  Every day, in my prayers, I thank God for my friends, for my family, and for my friends that have become my family.  And that is what true love is for me.  Those friends, both here and around the world, that have come to mean so much to me that they have become my real family.  Those are the ones that have my love, today and always.  

And then there are my two beautiful four-legged babies, who I love with all my heart, and who give to me each day unconditonal love.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »

George I have a top loader, water saving, washing machine.  Front loading machines hurt my back.

Jhvw-Best of luck on your move.  The only way to know if it is right for you is to give it a try.
Good for you!

Jane

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »

From MBarnum:
DR Jane, I am very excited for you in regards to the new pup!!! Where do you have to go to pick him up at? Make sure he doesn't bite your Fed Ex man!
;D ;D ;D

How about you come down and protect the Fed Ex man next time he is year?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:36:14 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

George I have a top loader, water saving, washing machine.  Front loading machines hurt my back.

Hmmm...I didn't look that closely at the top loader at Costco.  Maybe it is a water saver, too. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »

I have received yet another phone call today about the upcoming election in November. I may quit answering the phone from now until then.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »

I have received yet another phone call today about the upcoming election in November. I may quit answering the phone from now until then.

But think of the deals you'd miss from places like funeral parlors!

George

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2006, 06:42:32 PM »

Love?  Sure, I know what love is.  It is what happens to the other guy.  But that's okay.  Every day, in my prayers, I thank God for my friends, for my family, and for my friends that have become my family.  And that is what true love is for me.  Those friends, both here and around the world, that have come to mean so much to me that they have become my real family.  Those are the ones that have my love, today and always.  

That's beautiful!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:36 PM »

Cillaliz, DRLaura, Maria, JRand.
The photos are of one pup.  His expressions are so different he just looks like two different dogs.  ;D

George-good loan vibes!

Jane

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2006, 06:52:23 PM »

It is a shame the English language has too few ways to express love.  There are so many people I love on all different levels who are special to me and sometimes those levels sadly or happily fluctuate.  

And then there is my best friend, that guy I’m married to who still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks into the room…..  I certainly wasn’t looking for love at seventeen, but once it found me I knew I was making a commitment for life.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2006, 06:54:09 PM »

My brother, his daughter & Bryan are coming for a visit tomorrow.  I will try and post next week, doubt I’ll have time till then.  Sorry.  I do miss you when I’m away.

‘night

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2006, 06:57:40 PM »

My brother, his daughter & Bryan are coming for a visit tomorrow.  I will try and post next week, doubt I’ll have time till then.  Sorry.  I do miss you when I’m away.

And we miss you when you're away, DR Jane!  Have fun with your visitors.

George

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2006, 07:05:36 PM »

Let me tell you what love isn't:  Love isn't this dearth of posting that's gone on for the last few days.  Love isn't being overrun by the errant and truant.  Love isn't achieveing a new all-time low.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2006, 07:06:50 PM »

DR Laura, I feel your pain. I just had the worst most biased phone call in the guise of a survey. When I said that to the caller he said "Yeah, I know, I'm so sorry" I told him to forget it, I don't want to participate in something like this.

Time to screen my calls from here on out

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2006, 07:08:54 PM »

I am so stupid. I said I was going to screen picked up the phone and it's another political call. AHHHH!  I made those last time around. Not so sure I'll do that again
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up