Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS  (Read 21379 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

PAGE EIGHT DANCE!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »

I have an appointment with my Dentist today (thanks to a cancellation and my need!).
My dentist is Anna (But not formally known as Panni or Maria).

Speaking of Anna.....Panni........Maria; the new TV Guide lists Anna's new film A KISS AT MIDNIGHT, as one of the Hot Picks of Saturday, December 27.

I'm glad.  I watched a video of the cast & they all looked like they were having fun.  It will be a treat to see Hal Linden.

singdaw

« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »

What are you doing on Saturday?

Well...

I guess I'm dusting your knicknacks!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:12:17 PM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2008, 04:06:46 PM »

Take your insulin before viewing THIS SITE!   :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »

What are you doing on Saturday?

Well...

I guess I'm dusting your knickknacks!

After that can you clean the house?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

singdaw

« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

In a little French maid's outfit?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »

Trust us, you're gonna need the BIG French Maid's outfit!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »

In a little French maid's outfit?

Actually, I would prefer not.  ;)
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »

Trust us, you're gonna need the BIG French Maid's outfit!

I think you're right about that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

I gotta tell you.  AOL is behaving worse than ever - it is literally booting me off every five minutes.  Can't change screen names, if I open an e-mail and respond it boots off, and I've had it.  I just have to figure out if I keep just AOL e-mail how I don't lose everything in my filing cabinet, because when I go to aol.com I don't see any place where that exists, all those saved e-mails.  If I make this decision, it's very complicated as I have to change the Kritzerland site forwarding e-mail, I have to let everyone know it's happening, and I have to then set up two new g-mail accounts, which I don't really know how to do.  What a pain in the arse this is, but I can take no more.

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2008, 05:12:20 PM »

Hmmm
  That all depends on where you dine.

Hmmm...

I wonder if DR JoseSPiano has ever dined at the "S&M" Restaurant in the West Village?     ;)

Hmm... I know I've dined at "M&S" before - McCormick & Schmick's, but I don't think they have an outpost in the West Village - but I'm not too sure about S&M.  Hmmm...

Although, I still do miss Pot Belly's on Bleecker.  Sometimes the crowd there was, well...  But the baked egg dishes at brunch were always tasty!

There used to be (a few years ago, I don't remember exactly how many) an S&M (yes, that's  the euphemism) restaurant on 23rd Street and 7th Avenue. It's been gone for a few years now. They closed down and as far as I know they never moved into the Village. That could be the place Sing means.

I had some friends from Des Moines who dined there when they were at a meeting in New York.  They enjoyed it....I didn't ask for details ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »

Happy Birthday Penny and Dan

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »

Vibes DR DerBrucer son-in-law makes it home safely today.! 

Thank - he just pulled into his drive on the Maryland Eastern shore (Chestertown area).

He lost a great deal of time thanks to the Virgina state police who profiled him as a drug-runner! They first pulled him over because he had tinted windows and then asked for permission to search the truck and the trailer (an 8x12 foot enclosed beast - fully loaded with household goods). He rufused, so they sent him on his way. A short time later, they pullled him over again - and this time they had a dog which they claim "alerted" so they unloaded all his stuff by the side of the road.

I haven't heard the rest of the story - but he was not cited for anything. That the truck and trailer had temporary tags probably didn't help.

He is really pissed - having survived all the weather problems to then have his journey derailed just a few hour from home.

der Brucer

Knowing how cops search vehicles and trailers, I really feel sorry for him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

On page 185-187 of this book:

is the recipe for the [in]famous MONKEY BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!    :)

SO WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2008, 05:24:02 PM »

When I moved back to Iowa from Arizona I had a cat who HATED the car.   I just got him a huge carrier and got a mild sedative from the vet.  He would be awake in the motel room at night and slept in the car.  His carrier was big enough that he could move around if he wanted to.   That's my only experience.  He was fine. It was a 3 1/2 day drive as I recall

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »

Happy Birthday, Dan (the Man)!

Many Happy Returns of the Day!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »

I'm waiting for the "major winter storm" to hit.  South of here there is an Ice Storm Warning...yikes!!   I heard that they have already called in many electric trucks to Des Moines to be ready to get the power back on after the storm hits.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »

Happy Birthday, Penny-O!

Many Happy Returns of the Day!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Zankel Hall has Wi-Fi!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2008, 05:33:54 PM »

Our annual trip to Spartanburg SC is history.  We left around 8:30 a.m. and drove north to my cousin Dot's (Dorothy's) house.  Dot is 5 years older than my mom and is the daughter of one of my maternal grandfather's sisters.  We all had lunch at Wade's, a restaurant that fixes REALLY GOOD food in a "homestyle" way.  My mom, aunt and I had turkey and dressing with two side veggies (I chose turnips and black-eyed peas).  Dot had a 1/4-fried chicken (dark meat).

We then went to the cemetery where the annual squabble erupted over just "where" the first set of stones were (right where they always are!), with mom remembering one thing, my aunt remembering another and Dot saying my mom and aunt were both right and that we just needed to keep our eyes open (level head on Dot!). 

After taking Dot home, we went to a mall where there is a CostCo.  I arranged for my mom to have a card on my membership and we all went in and shopped.  The primary goal was to get my mom a TV for her kitchen and it was to be an HDTV!  We settled (with thanks to a DR who has vast knowledge on such matters and offers his advice when requested -- DR MattH) on a Samsung 22-inch LCD. 

Once home, it was a snap to set it up and get it going.  We went through the menu and selected settings my mom "thinks" looked okay to her (she can mess with it later IF she will).  Sadly, she gets no HDTV transmissions yet and we could not explore that aspect of the set. 

At any rate, it was a nice day, a bit of a tiring day and a day I'm glad is winding down.

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2008, 05:34:54 PM »

It's been a festive, hectic, and somewhat weird week at work.  Tomorrow is an information-waitressing day and then I'm outta there for a week and a half of holiday/vacation before being retired.

;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

Intermission...

The first half of Paul Groves' recital was amazing. The Britten cycle was exquisite!  I am one happy Music Geek and Music Lover!

*And his pianist, Pedja Muzijevic, is a-mah-zing too!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »

DR Jose:  Having caught up on yesterday, I noted your query regarding this season's "weight losses" on "The Biggest Loser."  IMO, they contestants did NOT seem to lose as much weight as in past seasons in an equal amount of time.

Then again, there were more "really big" contestants and it may be the doctor(s) wanted less radical workouts than in previous seasons in order to avoid injuries or too-rapid-weight-loss.

The drama, of course, came with the final show.  In seasons past, we've had an extra show in there dedicated to the training each of the finalists was doing at home.  This season, we went from final ranch weigh-in to final show weigh-in in one week.  That was a bit breathless, IMO, but I'm glad it's over.

I'm also a bit skeeved that the next round will be yet ANOTHER couples competition.  I don't like the "couples" version as well as the individual.  I don't like the dynamics of such wannabe power couples as Heba and Ed and Vicky and Brady.

But....I takes what I can gets.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »

Gordon Ramsay... Gordon Elliott. My bad. I guess I have Mr. Ramsay on the brain since I'm dining at the London tomorrow night. And, yes, Gordon Elliott is tall. I've seen him walking through Chelsea Market many times.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2008, 06:31:12 PM »

We're STILL on page eight?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »

I'm still watching the snow fall.  We just had a short power outage.  A neighbor said he said a bright light in the sky just as the lights in the house went out.  He was outside shoveling snow at the time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »

I'm still watching the snow fall.  We just had a short power outage.  A neighbor said he said a bright light in the sky just as the lights in the house went out.  He was outside shoveling snow at the time.

It is a few days early for the Star of the East, but okay.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »

A neighbor said he said a bright light in the sky just as the lights in the house went out.

The time is nigh.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »

Exquisite!

Truly one of the most Mind-satisfying, Heart-satisfying and Soul-satisfying recitals I have ever been to.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

South Puget Sound Community College's policy on inclement weather. :P

There has not been an in-clement since 1775 when Pope Clement XIV died.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up