Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIVOON NOVEMBER  (Read 10991 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE DIVOON NOVEMBER
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2010, 05:10:37 PM »

Yes, I was forbidden to ever be alone with Mr. Coco.  Much like Charlie absolutely refused to introduce me to "Lenny."  Naive young boy from SLC that I was, I actually had little clue what he was afraid of.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

I am overjoyed, yes overjoyed.  For a couple of years now I have struggled with the 1080i screencaps I have to get for my opera and classical music reviews.  The interlacing artifacts drive me crazy (a short, scenic drive).  Well lo and behold I stumbled across someone on the internets talking about Photoshop's "deinterlacing" tool, and I knew I had a cheapo Photoshop knockoff on this computer and I checked, and lo and behold (and also behold and lo), it has a deinterlacing tool which works like gangbusters.  Happy, happy, happy.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »

You may see the results of this deinterlacing in my Renee Fleming review which is about to go live on blu-ray.com

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2010, 05:16:46 PM »

I hear a tantrum coming from next door. Must be the result of too much candy.

:)

Laura

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »

I am overjoyed, yes overjoyed.  For a couple of years now I have struggled with the 1080i screencaps I have to get for my opera and classical music reviews.  The interlacing artifacts drive me crazy (a short, scenic drive).  Well lo and behold I stumbled across someone on the internets talking about Photoshop's "deinterlacing" tool, and I knew I had a cheapo Photoshop knockoff on this computer and I checked, and lo and behold (and also behold and lo), it has a deinterlacing tool which works like gangbusters.  Happy, happy, happy.

If this post was on Facebook, I would click "Like," even though I have no idea what it means.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

Yes, I was forbidden to ever be alone with Mr. Coco.  Much like Charlie absolutely refused to introduce me to "Lenny."  Naive young boy from SLC that I was, I actually had little clue what he was afraid of.  :)

Maybe he was trying to protect Mr. Coco.
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2010, 05:29:02 PM »

If this post was on Facebook, I would click "Like," even though I have no idea what it means.

Television works with interlaced images and when you try to isolate individual frames for screengrabs, you more often than not get "combing" artifacts, which makes lines and edges look very rough.  What is happening is that you're getting bits and pieces of two "interlaced" moments of the picture.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »

We are home from the vet....the vet actually did the dip this time instead of the vet tech and Ricky doesn't smell as bad. I took him to his room and he ate almost an entire little can of food. Then he proceeded to play a game of chase with Callie. 

The vet took a culture and will test it this week. We have to do another dip next Monday, then if we get negative cultures we're done! Phew!

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »

SO nice that I don't have to run up and down stairs between cats.  It's much calmer for me

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »

Television works with interlaced images and when you try to isolate individual frames for screengrabs, you more often than not get "combing" artifacts, which makes lines and edges look very rough.  What is happening is that you're getting bits and pieces of two "interlaced" moments of the picture.

You should talk to Jrand.  I don't think he has any problems with "combing."
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

The vet tech said that Ricky is the coolest cat ever because every time she opens the door to the feline room he starts talking and doesn't stop until she shuts the door.   Reminds me of my sister

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »

He's actually pretty quiet at home

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »

I just let it wash over me....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »

I am having some trouble posting, so..................

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »

Sleep well TCB....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »

SO nice that I don't have to run up and down stairs between cats.  It's much calmer for me

:)  I'm glad the dip was easier this time.  I'm sure you will have the vet do the next one as well.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

The vet tech said that Ricky is the coolest cat ever because every time she opens the door to the feline room he starts talking and doesn't stop until she shuts the door.   Reminds me of my sister

;D ;D

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

VIBES AND MORE VIBES.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »

I am very happy for you -- I have no idea what you are  babbling about, but I'm happy that you're happy
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

Subway' s chicken bacon ranch with swiss on oat whole wheat - toasted

YUM

Jane

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

I am very happy for you -- I have no idea what you are  babbling about, but I'm happy that you're happy

LOL-I also fit this group of DR's. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2010, 07:01:59 PM »

I am really enjoying DWS tonight

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »

LOL-I also fit this group of DR's. :)

I wish MattH werew here - he would share JMK's sense of joy and wonder I am sure

vixmom

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »

Sharpe is back on PBS - happy happy!!

FJL

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »

Got very little done today but I am exhausted

FJL

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

Vibes to vixdad

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »

and hearing vibes for you FJL

JMK

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

Imagine a frame from a television show that someone has dragged a fine-tooth comb through, leaving lots of parallel lines everywhere, making everything look jagged.  That's an interlacing artifact.

vixmom

« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

so tired  must sleep

vibes fro all

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up