Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: MAH JONG  (Read 40786 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MAH JONG
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »

Ask BK Day:  

If the DVD of The Brain isn't made available to the public for purchase, then can we bribe DR Edi for underground copies on the black market?

I'll know more about such things after I get the sound right.  I'm just not certain how long that's going to take.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »

DR Jrand you asked yesterday if my smoke alarm went off.

No it didn't. I turned it off.  But i have set it off at least 3 times. It doesn't allow any smoke. And when i grill steaks on the stovetop it seems to think it is a fire!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »

Will we never get to page four?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page four?

Miss Karen

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »

Let's ge this show on the road, next page!

Miss Karen

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2007, 10:14:13 AM »

It's written and it's done...

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »

Oh and DR Jose i tried splashing water in my eyes. It didn't help (i thought for sure it would). The visine helped quite a bit.  It did hurt when i went to bed. But when i woke up it was fine.

And yes i guess it was probably the fat that spilled over.  I usually think ahead to such things. But not this time. :(

Actually the mini meatloaves were great if that is any consolation. They were from my Kraft magazine. And there were 3 options: salsa/cheese, bbq sauce/cheese, and my favorites roasted red peppers and feta.

I didn't think the first 2 sounded good on meatloaf but it was in the recipe so i thought i'd try it.

Miss Karen

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

and I'm done for now..I'm still trying to discombobulate my discombobulated list -- seems like you discombobulate one thing, and there's just another discombobulation waiting to take its place.....

Miss Karen

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »

Oh look, little Boo-Key!!

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »

DR Laura re: the comment you made last night about fire alarms going off when cooking.

The funny thing is that I tend not to burn the food. I could see that causing smoke and the alarm to go off.  I have a house alarm and the fire alarm is connected to it. So it is a big deal when the fire alarm goes off. Somebody calls you and you have to explain to them what happened.  So far every single alarm as been from my cooking! :)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

Oh look, little Boo-Key!!

Yes, yes, the elusive Boo-Key has decided to make an appearance this morning.  I think my clock is back on schedule.  This is the earliest I've been up this week - and strangely enough, it's the morning after a work night...hmmmm...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »

Last night was quite interesting at the Avalon -- it was a death metal concert, the main event being a band called Hatebreed.  So, it was about 5 hours of crazy death metal/thrash/grindcore/black metal music and luckily I was in the mezzanine - which is an entirely separate, open-air room where people can come to smoke or hang out - and I only had about 10 people filter (no pun intended) through...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »

Then - there was supposedly a huge mosh pit out on the main floor - and that is certainly something I really can't for the life of me understand.  A human being going into a mosh pit seems to defy all of those primitive "self-preservation" red flags that our bodies have going for them.  Running in a circle, flailing your arms and legs wildly, pushing into other people, punching, hitting, kicking, elbowing, stomping on one another...just don't get it.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »

I have not read any other IDOL comments yet.

But here are mine:

Obviously lakisha and melinda really are in a category of their own. Although while i think melinda is hugely talented, i don't particularly know that i could sit and watch her sing song after song. I find her sweet and she has a fabulous voice. But i prefer lakisha.

I was most disappointed with the 2 chrises.  I have always liked them. But i think curly haired chris butchered his song. And i thought justin timberlake chris was not very good vocally and very bland.

As i said yesterday, there was someone who i have not particularly liked up until now. But she blew me away last night. It was jordin. Wow, i loved everything about her performance.

I also loved blake. I just love him period. But i thought his rearrangement was miles ahead of what chris did. I just love watching this guy perform.

It was interesting to see what simon said about haley. I actually sort of agree with him. She actually did have some stage presence to me. Although these people need to get better at covering when they forget the words. Paula is right, most people won't even notice if you cover it up correctly.  Haley is so overly emotional she looks like she might break down at any moment.

I thought brandon was sort of bland. I liked phil. But mostly the show was a dud.

I think it will brandon who goes tonight. And although i think curly chris is popular i wonder if his performance will lead him in the bottom 2.

I would hope it would be sanjaya.  I have never been so disappointed in anyone on this show.  He was so good in his original audition. HE must have done something right in hollywood for them to put him through. But he sings like he is scared to death with no emotion and no power.  I hope he goes.

Miss Karen

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2007, 10:25:12 AM »

Last night was quite interesting at the Avalon -- it was a death metal concert, the main event being a band called Hatebreed.  So, it was about 5 hours of crazy death metal/thrash/grindcore/black metal music and luckily I was in the mezzanine - which is an entirely separate, open-air room where people can come to smoke or hang out - and I only had about 10 people filter (no pun intended) through...

How are your ears this morning?  Or was the mezzanine far enough away?

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

All the talk of GREASE and slackers yesterday reminded me of the funny slogan max's fans have for him.

Are you a slacker backer?

I love it!

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »

DR MattH, i totally agree with what you wrote about sanjaya (i said something similar in my post).  Why are the judges mad if someone doesn't sound good. They had many chances to get to hear everyone.

If the person cannot sing it is their fault not ours!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »

How are your ears this morning?  Or was the mezzanine far enough away?

The mezz is far enough away -- it's a different little room and both of the doors leading into it were basically closed and deflected enough of the sound.  I did go in and watch Hatebreed for about 10 minutes, just to get a sense of it, and I had my ear piece in one ear and my ear plug in the other, so I was okay.  

Just a totally different world though...10 minutes was more than enough for me.  But I realized, after talking to Vinnie, another security guard that some people really get the music and understand WHY they like it.  He gave me about a 30 minute breakdown of the different types of metal and what he likes and doesn't like about each of them, citing specific bands as examples.  It is something you have to respect, if not admire.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:29:22 AM by Cason »

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »

Isn't "Mah Jong" a song from SPRING AWAKENING?

That would be "Totally Mah Jonged"

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:42 AM »

The canadian station here that carries LOST has been playing around with the time (depending on when IDOL is on). They used to have it at 7pm (which i liked). Then last week it was at 9pm. Today it is at 8pm, and although i won't be home. I like that timeslot.

I should be home for IDOL results. And since it's only 30 minutes i think i will probably watch it "live".

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »

I adored Paige Davis on Trading Spaces, even though I couldn't spell her name correctly last night.

I loved her too. I don't watch nearly as often. I have more fun with Flip this House now

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »

JRand - I don't think I ever figured it out:  Did Paige Davis leave Trading Spaces voluntarily, or was there a ratings issue that made them force her out?  Or something else?

I heard it wasn't voluntary, but good heavens who would have told me that and how would they have known????

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »

I decided to go to dialidol.com to see who they thought would be eliminated.

They really have no idea (it is too close to call).

But i think those who watch might want to check out one particular person they believe got the 3rd most votes.

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:36:51 AM by Jennifer »

Miss Karen

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »

I agree with DR Jennifer -- AI was a dud last night (if it was a sign of things to come, this will be the weakest AI season yet).  No doubt that Kiki and Melinda have the power voices, but I think they'll have problems marketing them if they win -- they come across as having that "older singer" vibe (I don't know how to explain what I mean) -- and the only singer who made me sit up and take notice last night was Jordin -- when she finished I turned to my husband and said she's the darkhorse who may end up stealing this thing if she keeps this up.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:39:40 AM by Miss Karen »

FJL

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »

DTM - I was a little slow on the Spring Awakening reference, but looking at the CD, are you referring to "I've got mah jong, and mah jong is you" (a/k/a the graphic auto-eroticism number)

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:35 AM »

DTM - I was a little slow on the Spring Awakening reference, but looking at the CD, are you referring to "I've got mah jong, and mah jong is you" (a/k/a the graphic auto-eroticism number)

Semi groan, I just got it...My Junk..

FJL

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »

And what is "mah jong" doing alongside the Dion Babies and the other historic events/fads in the lyric to "I'm Still Here" anyway?  Was mah jong that big a deal back when Carolotta Campion was growing up?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »

Warning: Vent Alert

What drives record labels crazy.  Okay, there is a record store in London called Dress Circle.  When Kritzerland came into existence they were very excited to carry our product and we were happy to HAVE them carry said product because they'd agreed to our bold new way of doing things, i.e. no returns, ever.  We sent them their first order.  It took three months to get paid.  When they ordered their next batch, I told the person I was dealing with that Kritzerland wasn't set up to wait three month, two months, one month, or one week, and that invoices had to be paid promptly.  He assured me they would.  Sent package - invoice paid about eight weeks later.  Had another conversation and said I would not send orders unless the invoice was paid up front.  And that was our deal.  They'd order, I'd prepare the package and get it ready to ship. they paid the invoice via wire transfer.  

Until two orders ago.  The "person" who pays started saying our invoices were not done correctly and that he wouldn't pay them unless they were, blah, blah, blah.  I reminded him of our deal, I asked him why if our invoices were a problem, he hadn't mentioned it until now, blah, blah, blah.  I redid the invoice, he paid, I shipped.  Then the person I'd made the deal with left Dress Circle.

When they placed their latest order, I asked the gal who placed it if the deal was still in place.  She assured me it was.  I believed her.  She needed the product quickly, so, stupidly, I sent it out the next morning.  I sent the invoice to the guy who pays.  He said they don't pay invoices up front, that he wouldn't pay until the package arrived.  I reminded him of our deal, he went on and on that we were the only company to do what we do, and I told him a deal is a deal.  Bottom line - he refused to honor our deal.  

The package arrived in London two days after I sent it, where it remained in customs for four days.  Once cleared, a delivery was attempted last Saturday.  Apparently, no one was at the store when the delivery was attempted.  And that's the last news I've had.  So, I called the USPS today and they said in England the recipient must schedule a re-delivery - it's not automatic.  So, Dress Circle has blithely not done so.  Bottom line - if they don't, the package is returned to me in thirty days and I will have to cover that postage (I already covered half the shipping charges myself).  I've e-mailed Dress Circle, and we'll see if I get a response.  If not, I may try to speed up getting the package back to me.  Of course, USPS is no help and they don't give a crap - the worst customer service EVER - and this is for a package that cost seventy-five bucks to ship.  With insurance, of course, so I'm covered.  But, it's an $800 order and right now I'm out the dough and out the discs (and I could use the discs).

From now on, Dress Circle pays before shipping or they can get their product elsewhere.

End of rant.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2007, 10:47:59 AM »

I was really slow on that one....  (referring to the Dtm joke about Spring Awakening)

I used to be addicted to mah jong solitaire.  I wonder what I did with that CD. It was about 3 computers ago, so I don't know if it would even work now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:51:02 AM by Cillaliz »

Miss Karen

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »

But i think those who watch might want to check out one particular person they believe got the 3rd most votes.

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Hmmmm, do you think maybe that's because there's that group like last year -- can't think of what it's called -- it had the website, where they encouraged people to vote for the worst one so the worst idol would end up winning?  That one year they backed the girlfriend beater and last year they were backing Pickler...and they both ended up getting pretty far...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up