Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DONUT KING  (Read 52968 times)

FJL

Re:THE DONUT KING
« Reply #480 on: March 26, 2007, 11:49:57 PM »

It is here

FJL

« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »

Will post 500 elude us, though?

Tomovoz

« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2007, 11:54:34 PM »

I like the Chopin eludes.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »

I don't remember the melody from elude 500

The melody did not linger long.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #484 on: March 26, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »

I knew that Ruth wasn't 17.
Is that from Pirates?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #485 on: March 26, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »

no.  Too many syllables.  Must have been Gilbert O'Sullivan.
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #486 on: March 27, 2007, 12:02:17 AM »

Did anyone else think the lyric "the only man she had ever loved was taken" had to do with him being swindled.

Tomovoz

« Reply #487 on: March 27, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »

I maybe alone again (unnaturally). ooh wacka a doo.
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #488 on: March 27, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »

What did Gilbert O'Sullivan ask for at the bank?

A loan again (naturally)

FJL

« Reply #489 on: March 27, 2007, 12:06:04 AM »

Gilbert O'Sullivan and Janis Ian should get together and do their big hit songs at a hootenanny somewhere.  Cheery stuff.  

Maybe Suzanne Vega could join them.

FJL

« Reply #490 on: March 27, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »

I wonder if Ron Pulliam and I really are related.  

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #491 on: March 27, 2007, 12:08:10 AM »

I can't believe there's no post yet from DR Cason.

Well, I wish I had something to post...

I went out to go to the Grove to find some things for Heather's Easter gift (the trip ended up being a bust -- more waiting...the CD I was looking for doesn't come out until tomorrow and the book I was looking for of course they conveniently didn't have, so I'll have to look elsewhere)...

On the way, my mom called and urged me to give the SDMT people another call (it was nearing 5 PM), and when I did, I got the male producer again and he was saying they had yet to hear back from the director...but that I was free to keep calling, though they only call the people who they cast...

So, still no word -- I am going to call yet again tomorrow morning...

And then, I am hoping they are willing to talk about housing with me, because all of this time I could be using to arrange something if I knew definitely is being whittled away (they said they were only going to provide housing for Equity -- but most of the people they are casting are going to be from the SD area...and so I'm hoping they may be willing to make a deal -- especially since I've been waiting for them).

ARGH!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #492 on: March 27, 2007, 12:09:48 AM »

I got fun pants today
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Tomovoz

« Reply #493 on: March 27, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »

I do de Clair you are right.

Trivia.  Gilbert OSullivan recorded a duet with Peggy Lee. (the other person from North Dakota).
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #494 on: March 27, 2007, 12:12:02 AM »

I look so serious in that photo.  I must have been thinking about something important, like Onetta standing in the corner and not being treated right.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #495 on: March 27, 2007, 12:12:53 AM »

Well, I wish I had something to post...

I went out to go to the Grove to find some things for Heather's Easter gift (the trip ended up being a bust -- more waiting...the CD I was looking for doesn't come out until tomorrow and the book I was looking for of course they conveniently didn't have, so I'll have to look elsewhere)...

On the way, my mom called and urged me to give the SDMT people another call (it was nearing 5 PM), and when I did, I got the male producer again and he was saying they had yet to hear back from the director...but that I was free to keep calling, though they only call the people who they cast...

So, still no word -- I am going to call yet again tomorrow morning...

And then, I am hoping they are willing to talk about housing with me, because all of this time I could be using to arrange something if I knew definitely is being whittled away (they said they were only going to provide housing for Equity -- but most of the people they are casting are going to be from the SD area...and so I'm hoping they may be willing to make a deal -- especially since I've been waiting for them).

ARGH!

I am sure your interest will help-

Why do they not call the people who they do not cast??! It sounds like there were not that many there with you so would it not kill them to take 2 minutes to deliver the news rather than let you keep waiting...but thats just me and I'm nice.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

FJL

« Reply #496 on: March 27, 2007, 12:14:52 AM »

I leave getting to 500 posts in very capable hands

FJL

« Reply #497 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:12 AM »

I trust that you'll get there

FJL

« Reply #498 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:24 AM »

Trust is very important

FJL

« Reply #499 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:50 AM »

Maybe I'll stick around just to make sure

FJL

« Reply #500 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:38 AM »

Nah, I'll just hit the hay.  Good night, all

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #501 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:49 AM »

I am sure your interest will help-

Why do they not call the people who they do not cast??! It sounds like there were not that many there with you so would it not kill them to take 2 minutes to deliver the news rather than let you keep waiting...but thats just me and I'm nice.

Seriously!

At this point, I don't know what'd be better - to get it and have to worry about all of the things that come with it or to just let it be and move on?!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Tomovoz

« Reply #502 on: March 27, 2007, 12:17:02 AM »

Suzanne Vega wrote some lyrics for Philip Glass "music".  Now that was depressing!

An album I truly regretted buying  - despite  it having lyrics by Paul Simon and the voice of Linda Ronstadt.
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #503 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:19 AM »

That had that great car rental song - Hertz so bad

Adriana Patti

« Reply #504 on: March 27, 2007, 12:20:08 AM »

Seriously!

At this point, I don't know what'd be better - to get it and have to worry about all of the things that come with it or to just let it be and move on?!

I think either one is a great thing in the long run.
-Thomas Edison

Tomovoz

« Reply #505 on: March 27, 2007, 12:21:50 AM »

Trust is very important
Truss can be very supportive.
James Thurber 1957

Adriana Patti

« Reply #506 on: March 27, 2007, 12:22:13 AM »

I just wish one could put call backs on their resume...I know someone who made it to a 4th call back  with like 2 other people for a major movie, and he should be entitled to put that on his resume...in my world. Although some would argue that he did not get the part.
-Thomas Edison

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2007, 12:25:21 AM »

I just wish one could put call backs on their resume...I know someone who made it to a 4th call back  with like 2 other people for a major movie, and he should be entitled to put that on his resume...in my world. Although some would argue that he did not get the part.

Yeah -- but I think the things you audition for say a lot more about you -- as well as the opportunities you had or didn't have...

Tomovoz

« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2007, 12:28:16 AM »

T rust:  Twinings with not enough antioxidents.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2007, 12:30:01 AM »

"oxidently in love" was used in Shrek 2.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up