Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUSTARD PLASTER  (Read 32111 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE MUSTARD PLASTER
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »

If anyone is interested in reading the interview (and the twenty plus pages of comments), here is the web address.

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/21/bonnie-mceneaney-messages-9-11-life-after-death/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F2010%2F06%2F21%2Fbonnie-mceneaney-messages-9-11-life-after-death%2F

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »

There is a woman whose husband died on 9/11, and she has written a book about her experiences and other families experiences with signs and messages from their loved ones from beyond.

Okay, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she certainly has a right to publish it.  There is an interview with the author over at lemondrop.com (or something like that).  Anyway, the comments that some people have posted about the author and anyone else who believes as she does; are horrible, vicious, and nasty.  If people don't like the topic, or don't beleive in it; why not just change pages, instead of calling this woman every name in the book?  What is wrong with people today?

Do you remember the name of the book? I'd be curious to read it. My family believes in spooks!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »

If anyone is interested in reading the interview (and the twenty plus pages of comments), here is the web address.

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/21/bonnie-mceneaney-messages-9-11-life-after-death/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F2010%2F06%2F21%2Fbonnie-mceneaney-messages-9-11-life-after-death%2F

Never mind.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

I finally got overly frustrated with HWHC and sent an email expressing my frustration.  Now he's telling me I need to find a contractor to fix the damn windows instead of replacing them.  That's where we started two months ago, when I asked him to recommend a contractor to fix or replace the windows.  He's still never given me one name and he's a restorationist for god's sake he knows people. AHHHHHH   This man has driven me crazy and back again.  I can not deal with it and shan't deal with it any longer.  Amen.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »

Ever since Jane turned sixteen she doesn't do ANYTHING I want.

And what exactly did you want her to do when she was sixteen?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

The Pella window guy is coming on Thursday.  I hope to order the new windows on Friday

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »

Ask her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »

Or read Kritzer Time.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »

There is a woman whose husband died on 9/11, and she has written a book about her experiences and other families experiences with signs and messages from their loved ones from beyond.

Okay, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she certainly has a right to publish it.  There is an interview with the author over at lemondrop.com (or something like that).  Anyway, the comments that some people have posted about the author and anyone else who believes as she does; are horrible, vicious, and nasty.  If people don't like the topic, or don't beleive in it; why not just change pages, instead of calling this woman every name in the book?  What is wrong with people today?

I don't understand why people waste their time like that.  One of the reasons I stopped getting our local paper is because they printed those comments.  I remember one poor woman put an ad in the paper for a support group for people who lost their cats.  The horrible things people wrote about her, and the paper printed them.  This was nothing compared to some of the other things they printed. 

Amy

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

I loved "The Dinner Party" with John Ritter and Henry Winkler at the Mark Taper Forum. I also really loved seeing Alan Alda in "Art" (also at the Taper). His character reminded me so much of my own dad, who tends to think that anything he doesn't like is crap. But I think my favorite is a one-man play called "Fully Committed" that I saw with Jason Graae. It was one of those shows where my cheek muscles were sore afterwards from smiling the whole time. But I think my cheek muscles are sore after every show I see with Jason Graae. He just has one of those great goofy faces that makes you smile whenever he smiles.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »

I have decided not to shave - I shaved yesterday and people in the restaurant who might want to kiss me will just have to make do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

But the question is, what restaurant?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »

One hour to food.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »

Good to see occasional dear reader Amy.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »

I hope dear reader Jane will take lots of photographs of the new driveway, and also a few photographs of her very own self reading the new book.

Sorry, I doubt the driveway will be photographed.  I should have taken some yesterday instead of asking Keith to.  The poor guy worked extra hard outside & didn't have a spare moment, not that he was interested in taking a photo. 

Unless someone is digging it up right away, you should still be able to photograph the driveway

Maybe I will tomorrow as they are pouring, or however they do it, the top section of the driveway.

Ginny

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

I took my mother to her friend's house to pick up a spiffy walker that should help her walk more securely to the common areas of her apartment building.  We then went to Kroger, where there was no wheelchair with a basket, so we went to Meijer and did her grocery shopping and some of my synod shopping.  On the way home, I shopped for a retirement gift for someone I hired at Miami University 30+ years ago.  Her reception is Thursday morning and that will leave just one person still on the staff from my short, and not-so-sweet, career as an administrator.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »

Do you remember the name of the book? I'd be curious to read it. My family believes in spooks!

This is the book, elmore.

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:02 PM »

I finally got overly frustrated with HWHC and sent an email expressing my frustration.  Now he's telling me I need to find a contractor to fix the damn windows instead of replacing them.  That's where we started two months ago, when I asked him to recommend a contractor to fix or replace the windows.  He's still never given me one name and he's a restorationist for god's sake he knows people. AHHHHHH   This man has driven me crazy and back again.  I can not deal with it and shan't deal with it any longer.  Amen.

I'm sorry... ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:30 PM »

I don't understand why people waste their time like that.  One of the reasons I stopped getting our local paper is because they printed those comments.  I remember one poor woman put an ad in the paper for a support group for people who lost their cats.  The horrible things people wrote about her, and the paper printed them.  This was nothing compared to some of the other things they printed. 

Because stupid people now have a "voice" thanks to Facebook and these online papers and sites.  Give stupid people a voice and they will speak loudly and stupidly every time.  As I said, some things were a lot better when things weren't so public.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »

:-[

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »

The Pella window guy is coming on Thursday.  I hope to order the new windows on Friday

Another book title?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »

:-[

What kind of face is THAT?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »

Fast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »

We've had us a rally and a volley and also a volley and a rally - and we ain't done yet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »

I finally got overly frustrated with HWHC and sent an email expressing my frustration.  Now he's telling me I need to find a contractor to fix the damn windows instead of replacing them.  That's where we started two months ago, when I asked him to recommend a contractor to fix or replace the windows.  He's still never given me one name and he's a restorationist for god's sake he knows people. AHHHHHH   This man has driven me crazy and back again.  I can not deal with it and shan't deal with it any longer.  Amen.

I'm sorry... ;D

I'm not :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:52 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »

Maybe I am just more sympathetic because of the sign I got from my mom after she was killed, which I believe I have told here before.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:24 PM »

Because stupid people now have a "voice" thanks to Facebook and these online papers and sites.  Give stupid people a voice and they will speak loudly and stupidly every time.  As I said, some things were a lot better when things weren't so public.

Yes, but the paper wasn't online then.  I think the editors could have used a bit of compassion instead of doing anything to sell a paper.  Now I read it for free online & skip the comments.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »

I think we've gone to that wonderful and unique haineshisway.com place.  Bring it on, baby, bring it on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up