Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUSTARD PLASTER  (Read 32115 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE MUSTARD PLASTER
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »

Ever since Jane turned sixteen she doesn't do ANYTHING I want.

And what exactly did you want her to do when she was sixteen?

:-[

What kind of face is THAT?

a blush.

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:03 PM »

The Pella window guy is coming on Thursday.  I hope to order the new windows on Friday

Another book title?

LOL!!! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:19 PM »

They should not have comments in a newspaper - or online.  It only encourages stupid people to behave stupidly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »

But, we live in the time of the amateur, and this is but one result.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:56 PM »

We got off that damn page quick.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »

Now, get me off THIS damn page.

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »

There is a woman whose husband died on 9/11, and she has written a book about her experiences and other families experiences with signs and messages from their loved ones from beyond.

Okay, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she certainly has a right to publish it.  There is an interview with the author over at lemondrop.com (or something like that).  Anyway, the comments that some people have posted about the author and anyone else who believes as she does; are horrible, vicious, and nasty.  If people don't like the topic, or don't beleive in it; why not just change pages, instead of calling this woman every name in the book?  What is wrong with people today?

I don't understand why people waste their time like that.  One of the reasons I stopped getting our local paper is because they printed those comments.  I remember one poor woman put an ad in the paper for a support group for people who lost their cats.  The horrible things people wrote about her, and the paper printed them.  This was nothing compared to some of the other things they printed. 

Maybe I am just more sympathetic because of the sign I got from my mom after she was killed, which I believe I have told here before.

I think Jane was talking about the crazies who post the awful things about people, not the story itself

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »

That doesn't look like a blush, Jane, that looks like a face that wants to eat the head of a chicken.  And no, I hope no animal activists take me to task for that comment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »

Soon it's gonna hail, I can feel it...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

Yes, Jane and others were talking about the stupid comments left by stupid people - not the article itself.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »

There is a woman whose husband died on 9/11, and she has written a book about her experiences and other families experiences with signs and messages from their loved ones from beyond.

Okay, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she certainly has a right to publish it.  There is an interview with the author over at lemondrop.com (or something like that).  Anyway, the comments that some people have posted about the author and anyone else who believes as she does; are horrible, vicious, and nasty.  If people don't like the topic, or don't beleive in it; why not just change pages, instead of calling this woman every name in the book?  What is wrong with people today?

I don't understand why people waste their time like that.  One of the reasons I stopped getting our local paper is because they printed those comments.  I remember one poor woman put an ad in the paper for a support group for people who lost their cats.  The horrible things people wrote about her, and the paper printed them.  This was nothing compared to some of the other things they printed. 

Maybe I am just more sympathetic because of the sign I got from my mom after she was killed, which I believe I have told here before.

You don't have to be sympathetic to be bothered by the cruel comments.  Like the woman wanting the cat loss support group.  So what, roll your eyes and move on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »

I'm quite hungry right about now. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »

I'm hoping that IF it hails, it breaks the windows so insurance will pay for it....ok, not really because it would damage everything else too, but IF it could JUST hit the windows...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »

Even though I shall not shave, I think I will shower.

Jane

« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »

I have decided not to shave - I shaved yesterday and people in the restaurant who might want to kiss me will just have to make do.

I prefer the un-shaved look.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »

I do like to smell good so that when people in restaurants come up to me and want to kiss, it will be a pleasant experience.

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2010, 05:35:40 PM »

That doesn't look like a blush, Jane, that looks like a face that wants to eat the head of a chicken.  And no, I hope no animal activists take me to task for that comment.

Hmmm I've never tried chicken head....do you have a recipe ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »

I think Jane was talking about the crazies who post the awful things about people, not the story itself

Oh, I know!  Jane would never call me a crazie.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »

I have decided not to shave - I shaved yesterday and people in the restaurant who might want to kiss me will just have to make do.

I prefer the un-shaved look.

I love that about you, but then I love everything about you.  Except that you never do anything I want you to and haven't since you were sixteen. 

Jane

« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »

Can you get the face changed?  What about the laughing grin, personally I think it is somewhat creepy looking,. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

Okay, the current Vladimir Cosma soundtrack is flamenco guitar and wailing - this is making ME want to eat the head of a chicken.

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »

I do like to smell good so that when people in restaurants come up to me and want to kiss, it will be a pleasant experience.

Are you dining with someone special, or do people just walk up and kiss you?   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »

I like a nice laughing grin :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »

Hmmm I've never tried chicken head....do you have a recipe ;D

No, but you can find some good recipes for chicken lips.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »

People just walk up and kiss me - and I'm down with that.

Jane

« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »

You don't have to be sympathetic to be bothered by the cruel comments.  Like the woman wanting the cat loss support group.  So what, roll your eyes and move on.

And I obviously didn't get your meaning. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »

Maybe I'll go to a French restaurant so I can have me some French kissing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »

You obviously don't live in Iowa, lol

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »

I get everyone's meaning, except Jose.  Just like thirty is the new twenty, JMK is the new Jose - and I'm down with that.

Jane

« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2010, 05:39:52 PM »

I'm hoping that IF it hails, it breaks the windows so insurance will pay for it....ok, not really because it would damage everything else too, but IF it could JUST hit the windows...
Hmmm...

Vibes your windows all crack and nothing else is harmed!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up