Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUSTARD PLASTER  (Read 32111 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE MUSTARD PLASTER
« Reply #450 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:22 PM »

Night Jane

Cillaliz

« Reply #451 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »

Woo hoo another page!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »

I must say good night, too. "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" just came in today and I need to get started on it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »

I am posting while waiting for DH Richard to have another synod bulletin ready for my paste-up talents.  He's creating service bulletins for Thursday's Evening Prayer, Friday's Morning Prayer, and Friday's Holy Eucharist that include all the readings and music so people don't have to flip back and forth from the hymnal to the prayer book.  He gets the elements all together and then has me tape them down so they look pretty.  Tomorrow he'll take them to a print shop for duplicating.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »

I must say good night, too. "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" just came in today and I need to get started on it.

The thunder is getting closer and the weather radio keeps going off.  It's not here yet, but it will be.  I have a feeling I will be reading more of the same book while I stay up waiting for the storm to pass

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »

For those fans of ladies in white undies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqH3fgh7Cw

Pretty risque for back then. That's little Van Dyke and his brother Carson playing the gee-tars!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »

Hmm storms aren't sounding too good. Tornados have started east of here.  Big storm clouds west of here. "We have some huge ones out in Nebraska heading our way"

Edisaurus

« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »

Once I heard a weatherman predict "egg sized hens". I think he meant hail, but I liked the image.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »

Ohhh they are predicting a possible derecho later tonight...holy moly on rye, I'm going to have to sign off and make sure I have everything I need in the basement for the cats and I should we have to go there later tonight.

Edisaurus

« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »

Cilla, I wish you could find someone to fix your windows for a good price. On a nice older house like yours it's always good when you can keep the architectural integrity. Glazing the windows is a major pain (pane) and sometimes it's hard to find the people who want to do it. Pella makes nice windows and you might get an energy credit for installing them.

Edisaurus

« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »

Ohhh they are predicting a possible derecho later tonight...holy moly on rye, I'm going to have to sign off and make sure I have everything I need in the basement for the cats and I should we have to go there later tonight.

Never heard it called "derecho"...I only know that word from "derecho humanos". Stay safe vibes to you and the kitties!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »

See what happens when you blame JMK instead of Jose--16 pages!  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »

DR Edi, I would like to fix my windows, although they aren't really nice old windows, they are pretty ordinary double hung windows.
My biggest frustration is that I can't seem to find a contractor who will do it. I think HWHC must know someone - he's restored 17 houses, for god's sake, but he just tells me to find someone when I ask for suggestions or volunteers to teach me so I can do it myself.  I am very frustrated about it.  Everyone else (including the historic preservation people) tell me to just go ahead and replace thme with windows that are consistent with the architecture.   I'm going to get Pella windows that are wood on the inside and will stain them to go with my woodwork.  They will look nice.

I didn't want to spend the money, but I'm going to do it and will get the credit this year.   I'm just going to replace the dining room and one bathroom window now.  they are in the worst shape, so restoring the living room and other rooms isnt' out of the question for the future if I can find someone

Cillaliz

« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »

Well, I hadn't heard the derecho prediction until the last break away when the weather man said "Man, they have been talking about derechos all day today and that could happen"  gotta get the spot in the basement ready just in case.  I'll be back

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »

I'm watching Jason Lee's new series MEMPHIS BEAT, and I really am enjoying it. My friend Celia plays Jason's mother.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

See what happens when you blame JMK instead of Jose--16 pages!  ;)

It's because you're a lesbian.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »

I've never heard of a derecho, but it sounds serious. Stay safe!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #467 on: June 22, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »

When I was younger there was this older lady i used to go to visit - whenever I did she complained about all the times I didn't visit - eventually I just stopped visiting all together
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »

I've been worried about Barnum all day. He wouldn't eat most of the day. But just a few minutes ago he ate like a teenage boy.

The kittens all come to me now to be fed. They are only allowed to eat while I am holding them. It sounds mean, but hunger will make them willing to come to me; otherwise, they would hide and never become adoptable.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Edisaurus

« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »

DR Edi, I would like to fix my windows, although they aren't really nice old windows, they are pretty ordinary double hung windows.
My biggest frustration is that I can't seem to find a contractor who will do it. I think HWHC must know someone - he's restored 17 houses, for god's sake, but he just tells me to find someone when I ask for suggestions or volunteers to teach me so I can do it myself.  I am very frustrated about it.  Everyone else (including the historic preservation people) tell me to just go ahead and replace thme with windows that are consistent with the architecture.   I'm going to get Pella windows that are wood on the inside and will stain them to go with my woodwork.  They will look nice.

I didn't want to spend the money, but I'm going to do it and will get the credit this year.   I'm just going to replace the dining room and one bathroom window now.  they are in the worst shape, so restoring the living room and other rooms isnt' out of the question for the future if I can find someone

We spent weeks trying to dig the old glaze out of our 100 year old windows. It was almost petrified. I was expecting to break a pane getting some of it out. We never did finish. Maybe when we retire...

Edisaurus

« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »

I'm watching Jason Lee's new series MEMPHIS BEAT, and I really am enjoying it. My friend Celia plays Jason's mother.

They seem to have a good music budget, for the pilot, at least! I like it so far!

Ginny

« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »

Yikes, DR Cillaliz, I've never heard of a derecho.  Just read about it on Wikipedia - stay safe!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

Today I had one horrible file that just about completely drained the life force from me  -   

Edisaurus

« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »

I've been worried about Barnum all day. He wouldn't eat most of the day. But just a few minutes ago he ate like a teenage boy.

The kittens all come to me now to be fed. They are only allowed to eat while I am holding them. It sounds mean, but hunger will make them willing to come to me; otherwise, they would hide and never become adoptable.

Did you try feeding him Indian food?

Cillaliz

« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

I've never heard of a derecho, but it sounds serious. Stay safe!

http://weather.about.com/od/d/g/derechos.htm

vixmom

« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »

Did you try feeding him Indian food?

maybe you should play some Indian Festival music while wearing a kurta

vixmom

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »

Cilla - ignore my advice from yesterday - take a flashlight and go into the basement!!!

vixmom

« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »

it is raining quite hard at the moment - the new sod will be very happy

Cillaliz

« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »

Cilla - ignore my advice from yesterday - take a flashlight and go into the basement!!!

It's not here yet.  The news is saying maybe later tonight. So, I'll stay up and read until either it hits or is past us.  I have set up my little area in the basement.  The cats carriers, two flashlights, a battery operated radio with new batteries... I've put on my jeans and will take my tennis shoes with me to the basement.   I usually set it up down there at some point during the summer and have to go down there usually once or twice. 

Waiting for the weather guy to tell us when and if it should hit
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up