News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEW!  (Read 19778 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:WHEW!
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2004, 12:14:49 PM »

Thanks DRJANE!  ;D  I will take another bow!

Here is my DVD review of THE CONQUERER!  8)

http://www.epinions.com/content_70716591748
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2004, 12:17:14 PM »

page THREE dance!  ;D

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2004, 12:23:01 PM »

Susan Hayward:  "After her, all other women are like the second pressing of the grape!"

Lots of famous people were born in Brooklyn....Barbara Stanwyck...Susan Hayward...(ooh, an ALL ABOUT EVE reference!)

I would have KILLED to see her MAME.  (Of course, given my age at the time, it probably would have been accomplished with a suction-cup tipped arrow.)

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2004, 12:26:38 PM »

DR Jane, I'm trying to decide whether to retype it.

I wish I knew more about computers so I could help myself.

The ironic part is that the person who the email was going to is a computer expert.  But has no time to do it. :(

td

• td
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2004, 12:27:52 PM »

Td what is the story behind the very nice photos? And where is Minx?

Well, Jane, you're too too kind when you say that the photos are nice, they are memorable, though.
Those shots were taken at the stage door of THE MUSIC MAN, Pittsburgh's Civic Light Opera presentation.  Either Saturday or Sunday I wrote:

Stage dooring afterwards, I present Jeff with his first copy ever of SCARLET STREET magazine, the "Unzips the Fly" issue, which he was very impressed with.  Katherine had not yet seen the contents of the "to be autographed" envelope, so she kindly asked me if they could leave it at the stage door TODAY for me to pick up.
You see, Miss Wreford and I hit it off nicely (as did Mr. G, and I) as we posed for pictures together and someone said, "It looks like you're Daisy and Violet," and, well, as if possessed, Katherine and I launched into a totally impromptu, totally appropriate rendition of "Like Everyone Else" on the sidewalk!  We then had a lengthy conversation about SIDE SHOW, favorite musicals and Jeff's compliments to me about my voice, which I must humbly say, did blend nicely with Ms. Wreford's. . .Catherine said that she was delighted to find a person in Pittsburgh who shared an affinity for SIDE SHOW.

Since then, Catherine left me a lovely little note amongst the items which Jeff signed for me, pleased that she had got to "sing" with me.
As for Minx, well, she wasn't there, they don't allow dogs into the Benedum Center. ;)
Right now, she is as right as rain, and the petit mal seizure is nothing to worry about according to her vet.  More than likely, it was caused by something which she ate or ingested.  I think it was probably the former, she had a couple of ham chunks Saturday night.
How's everone else's pooches? ? ?
Minx sends her love.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2004, 12:30:58 PM »

I have two words for George Eads and Jorja Fox:

Suzanne Sommers!   :D

See ya on the Home Shopping Network!

Ben

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2004, 12:31:59 PM »

DR Jay, the Clown aspect is actually one of the reasons Anthony didn't want to see Capturing the Friedmans. He never knew the "most successful childrens party clown in Manhattan" since Friedman worked the city circuit and Anthony is a Long Island clown. Apparently, even though the Friedmans are on LI, paths rarely cross in the suburbs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2004, 12:34:41 PM »

DR STUART - Designer Ray Agayagian (sp) - says that once in the 1960's he was in New York City with Hayward.  They were in a car provided by the studio driving through Brooklyn to visit Hayward's sister....

Glancing out the window, Hayward saw a middle aged housewife, curlers in her hair, cigarette hanging from her mouth - the woman leaning out the window calling to her wayward children.  Ray says Hayward crossed herself and shuddered.  She shot a glance at Ray and said:  "That could have been me....that could have easily been me."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 12:36:07 PM by JRand53 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2004, 12:36:52 PM »

Just did some errands, had a spot of lunch and now must get ready for our photo shoot at two.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2004, 12:37:20 PM »

...she had a couple of ham chunks Saturday night.

At a local booksigning?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

td

• td
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2004, 12:39:42 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
She of course signed with her paw.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »

DR STUART - Designer Ray Agayagian (sp) -

I think it's Ahagyan, but could be wrong.  Is he still alive?  Do he and Bob Mackie even speak anymore?  I know they were design partners, but I never knew if there was anything more....recently saw a picture of Mackie from the 70s or so....my lord, he was handsome!  Talk about "See you on QVC!"

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2004, 01:02:33 PM »

Saw CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS when it was first released. Found it disturbing and fascinating. I agree that it's puzzling why they would (a) record everything and (b) let the world see it. On the other hand, these folks are obviously marching to a different drummer. IMO, an excellent docu.

Panni

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2004, 01:04:04 PM »

Jrand - Forgot to say congrats on your Bernhardt-like success! (Although I don't think her fly was ever open. She played Hamlet in tights.)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2004, 01:08:32 PM »

I hope you can get your computer problem straightened out, Jennifer. Sometimes emails just take longer than usual to get to where they're going. One time I waited until the night before this literary analysis was due for my English class, and then stayed up all night to do it. My foster kitten, Orlando, stayed up too in order to "help" me. He was sitting on my lap meowing at me while I was typing, and then all of a sudden he swatted at the keyboard and everything on the screen disappeared. I only had a couple hours to retype what had taken me about six hours to do the first time. I never did find out what button(s) he had pressed, but I refer to this mysterious button as the "Orlando Button." Ever since then, I have written everything out by hand BEFORE typing it, instead of composing it at the computer. (Although, I still wait until the night before it's due.) I only have to hope that my cat Tumbly doesn't eat it, because he loves to eat paper.

I forgot. What was the point to this story?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2004, 01:16:18 PM »

I love The Straight Dope too. I wrote in once, but he never answered me.

Today, I am leaving to go to a family reunion in Kansas. Three days with 75 of my closest relatives, plus however many days driving with my dad and my brother.  :o (If you had ever spent all day cooped up in a car with my brother, you would understand.)
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Michael

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »

CD - Julie Wilson sings Cole Porter and an Ethel Merman compilation

DVD - BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE (and all the extras) and the Angela MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE which I'm watching again instead of --- not in addition to --- seeing the Meryl Streep remake

VHS - The Lila Quartermaine funeral/Anna Lee tribute

Julie Wilson sings Ethel Merman! Wow. I've got to get that!!! Is it on the DRG label?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2004, 01:20:07 PM »

Spent a lovely afternoon in the pent-up emotional world of REMAINS OF THE DAY. A stunning looking DVD, and the film has been one of my very favorites from the last ten or so years.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2004, 01:24:10 PM »

Then, I put in MONKEY BUSINESS. I think Groucho must talk more in this one than in all the others put together.

Might try to squeeze in SMILES OF A SUMMER NIGHT before MONK comes on tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2004, 01:25:20 PM »

Yes, DRSTUART that is the correct spelling.  And I think Ray and Bob Mackie were an item for a short time when Mackie was starting out.  Ray of course worked first with Bill Travilla - I think....it's lively family tree!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2004, 01:26:18 PM »

DR JENNIFER computers are mysterious and wonderful things....and when I hear or get involved in a situation like that, I always think of the HAL 9000.......

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/2001/sounds/2001_disconnet.wav

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/2001/sounds/2001_stress_pill.wav
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 01:38:44 PM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2004, 01:31:52 PM »

Thanks, DRPANNI....  Tights...hmmmmmmmmmmm.  MR BK will you and DRJOSE have your photographs taken as well?

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2004, 01:42:51 PM »

I should have mentioned my system is Pine.  Oy, for someone who uses computers so much, I sometimes feel like I know so little.

Still no email.

I just really wish that I knew one way or the other if I had sent it.  I honestly thought I had.  But maybe I had addressed it to myself, and it was one of the sentmails I erased.

Btw, I feel cursed, since it started to rain while I was outside just before (with no umbrella).

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »

DR Sandra, thanks for the story. I actually have eveything typed out, so that's not an issue. It's just a matter of whether I want to re-type it or not.  If I knew for sure that it was never sent, then I would.  But I just have this feeling that I will re-type it and then the other email will arrive.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2004, 02:09:37 PM »

DRJENNIFER maybe you send a test email to your friend's hotmail account....when it arrives, you will know your other one should have been there before.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2004, 02:15:49 PM »

Td, I remember now.  Thank you.  
I’m pleased Minx is doing well.  I know how frightening a seizure can be to watch.  Echo is doing as well as we could hope for, no deterioration and is as active as ever.

JRand-interesting story about Susan Hayward.  I was always a big fan of hers.

Sandra, have a nice trip-and have you ever heard of saving your work as you go along?  :) I know our computer is set to automatically save every five minutes, as long as we don’t accidentally hit the delete button.  There is also the print button as you go along.

Jennifer, it was an hour of typing, not just doing the work?  When does your friend need this?  Can you do it at home, a little at a time?  Will your friend call you as soon as/if the email is received?

Panni

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2004, 02:17:45 PM »

Jane - Speaking of emails which don't arrive... Ever since one of my replies to a PM disappeared into cyberspace, I've been wary. Did you receive my reply to your PM yesterday?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2004, 02:18:16 PM »

DR Jennifer,

I find that with these matters, it's easiest - and probably fastest - just to retype rather than angsting over the situation. You may even find that you're improving on the original as you go. Consider yourself fortunate that you have something to type from. (Any chance that you saved it as a Word document and can attach it? And maybe that's the best way to proceed when you do retype it; that way you can save as you go along.)

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2004, 02:18:45 PM »

DRJENNIFER maybe you send a test email to your friend's hotmail account....when it arrives, you will know your other one should have been there before.

Oh i've sent others today and they all arrived. But this one was much bigger.  And for some reason it happens sometimes with hotmail that messages don't show up for a day.  And they are always the important ones.

Plus, and this won't make sense, but I am sure that
message has not yet arrived.

Thank you so much for your help though. I appreciate it.

I have actually never gotten this upset about a computer problem before.  But something about this, and the fact that what I was typing really meant something, has made me very sad today.

Anyhow I can re-type it tomorrow. It's just the point of the thing.  It's like the gods were telling me that what was important to me wasn't important.

Panni

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2004, 02:23:10 PM »

Close to page four...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up