Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FORTY WHIPLASHES  (Read 43750 times)

FJL

Re:FORTY WHIPLASHES
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2007, 12:37:04 PM »

Jason - That tattler sounds like a truly rotten human being.  Was the email from your boss actually gently chiding you or strongly chiding you?  Either way, I'd print and keep the email in case you have to show a pattern that the "tattler" can't be trusted.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2007, 12:39:19 PM »

From Matt H.
SPOILER SPACE

I know nothing about pregnancy (obviously), but I actually thought this might be the beginning of menopause for her. Of course, I don't know anything about that either.  

Continued possible spoiler:

LOL-That is even less likely to cause a fever.  Of course anything is possible, especially in a script.  At least either of the scenarios could include a fever, not necessarily as a direct result.

I have problems with all the medical errors on HOUSE & my brother, the surgeon, had to stop watching all together.

Jane

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »

Tomovoz, Jr. is so very cute.:)

JRand, good Fantasticks vibes.    

FJL

« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »

On a smaller but similar level, something happened to me in the third grade, which has stayed with me for some strange reason.  I had left my dictionary in my cubby at the back of the room and passed a note to Jacob who sat in the back to pass my dictionary to me.  Ann Berdy was one of the students through whom the note had to be passed and she raised her hand and told the teacher I was passing notes.  The teacher looked annoyed with me at first, but then opened the note and saw that I was just asking for my dictionary, and smiled and did nothing further, more upset with Ann Berdy's being disruptive than with me, since I was just trying to quietly get something related to my school work.  So the name Ann Berdy has lived in playful infamy - I forgave immediately, but that was one person I never trusted.  And if she ever googles herself and sees this story, i hope she's grown up to be less of an evil tattletale than she was in the third grade.  :)

Jane

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

JMK-Now I want to rush out and see The Simpson's. :D

Jane

« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2007, 12:47:22 PM »

FJL-LOL

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2007, 12:49:19 PM »

As some wag has pointed out at another posting site, that place doesn't exist, because you can't see the Tower from a window on Fleet Street!?!

Thanks to DR Jason for posting the link last night.  And I assume you all noticed Lucy and Johanna in the portrait on the wall?

DR Edisaurus, so far as I know, Depp will do his singing on whatever is left of Sondheim's score.

You can walk down Fleet Street to the Tower.  I've done it. Perhaps you can't see it from Fleet Street in 2007?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »

Well, here's the latest kick to the lease problem: the people who had the space we rented haven't moved out yet! Sounds like the problem we have where we are.

Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

Oy!  Continued moving vibes!!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2007, 01:00:24 PM »

Well, due to the influence of the missing-in-action DR Rodzinski, I have picked up a few nifty looking LPs over the years...some very cool 1950s covers...but had nothing to play them on...however, BIG LOTS happened to be selling this model for only $45.00 (normal retail is $159.99) I couldn't pass it up.

I was surprised how good the sound on it is! I am quite pleased with my purchase (and it plays CDs as well).

Jerry Van Dyke is grinning from ear to ear.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »

No.  They all live in San Francisco now.  ;D

Ah....then you are in constant touch with them?  Do you mail them envelopes from time to time?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »

But I get to keep the toaster oven, right?

You got a toaster oven??  I just got a toaster. :-\

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »

;)

And I just settled for getting toasted.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »

...hum hum hum my happiness,
'Cause I like the way I am...
Hum hum hum hum
Hum hum hum--

Darnnit, DR Singdaw--now you got that song going in my head and I'm going to have to listen to the soundtrack again!  (Don't have the OCR handy at the mo'.)

I've mentioned that I like the soundtrack a lot.  I think Nikki Blonsky ins wonderful as Tracy.  I was pleasantly surprised how well Zac Efron sings Link.  Queen Latifah seems like she can never do anything wrong.  

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I do like how "Cooties" has been reworked into a Brittany Spears style.  And I love the surprise in "Mama, I'm A Big Girl Now".

Disappointed that 'Big Dollhouse" was dropped.  Michelle Pfeiffer talk-sings her "Miss Baltimore Crabs" way too much (but the song arrangements are wonderful!)  And what can be said about Travolta?  Feh!, is what I say.

I agree with everything you've said.  I'm listening to the movie soundtrack again right now!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »

I'll bet these gals wore the same exact outfits for the ITALIAN DANCE MUSIC album cover (and the guys probably just undid a few shirt buttons.)

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »

On a smaller but similar level, something happened to me in the third grade, which has stayed with me for some strange reason.  I had left my dictionary in my cubby at the back of the room and passed a note to Jacob who sat in the back to pass my dictionary to me.  Ann Berdy was one of the students through whom the note had to be passed and she raised her hand and told the teacher I was passing notes.  The teacher looked annoyed with me at first, but then opened the note and saw that I was just asking for my dictionary, and smiled and did nothing further, more upset with Ann Berdy's being disruptive than with me, since I was just trying to quietly get something related to my school work.  So the name Ann Berdy has lived in playful infamy - I forgave immediately, but that was one person I never trusted.  And if she ever googles herself and sees this story, i hope she's grown up to be less of an evil tattletale than she was in the third grade.  :)

And that little girl...grew up to become...Ann Coulter.

And now you know the rest of the story...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

DtM - Thank you, very good one!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

Well, due to the influence of the missing-in-action DR Rodzinski, I have picked up a few nifty looking LPs over the years...some very cool 1950s covers...but had nothing to play them on...however, BIG LOTS happened to be selling this model for only $45.00 (normal retail is $159.99) I couldn't pass it up.

I was surprised how good the sound on it is! I am quite pleased with my purchase (and it plays CDs as well).

I almost bought that model a year or two ago when my last combination unit went bye-bye. Instead, I found another model that had a three-CD player in it, so I got it instead.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »

I began my afternoon watching WORDS AND MUSIC. The DVD looks simply grand, very sharp with excellent color. I got up to the Hollywood sequence. I may get the Garland segments watched later, but I really want to watch last night's BURN NOTICE before prime time TV kicks in tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »

I spent the next three hours this afternoon watching the next 7 episodes of THE MUPPET SHOW. (This was the contents of disc 2.) All the episodes have moments of charm and are crammed with inventive, whimsical things.

It may puzzle DR JRand (and possibly others), but my favorite episode was the Bernadette Peters episode. Thes episodes are from the 77-78 season, so she's young. Her hair is long and styled, soft, and lovely, not in those (to some) irritating corkscrew ringlets that are her trademark. She sings three songs on the show, but she does a country song "Apple Jack" with a delightful twang that is SO charming.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »

The Steve Martin episode is very funny; he's cute as can be. Rudolf Nureyev does "Swine Lake" with an overstuffed pig and is very funny. Later he sings (badly) "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Miss Piggy in a spa wearing only a towel, and there is definitely NOTHING on under the towel. And he tap dances (poorly) to "Top Hat." It's still a very enjoyable show since he seemed game for anything.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

The worst of the episodes was the one with Dom DeLuise. He's just not funny. Edger Bergen was a little too slow to keep up with the Muppets, and George Burns did his usual act though there was a funny skit with Gonzo acting as daffy as Gracie used to act. George asked him if his actions reminded him of anyone, and he had no clue who George was talking about.

Julie

« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »

Oh, FJL - You were a good little boy even back in third grade!

Julie

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »

;)

You got a toaster?  I just got a pair of tongs that grasp the bread as I hold it over the open flame of my BIC lighter.     ;)   ;)  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »

And I just settled for getting toasted.

I need to get smashed.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »

You got a toaster?  I just got a pair of tongs that grasp the bread as I hold it over the open flame of my BIC lighter.     ;)   ;)  

You got a pair of tongs and a BIC lighter?

I just got a box of matches and a forked stick.  ;)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »

It's still a very enjoyable show since he seemed game for anything.

Truer words were never spoken!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »

Good afternoon, fellow Dear Readers.

I have long maintained that there are too many helicopters flying over town. If something happens in the neighborhood, the noise if deafening.

Well, about an hour and half ago, five news choppers and a police chopper were following a police chase. Two news choppers collided mid-air and all four people on board were killed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »

I blame it on Jose and the MTA.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »

This happened about three or so miles from DR MusicGuy's home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up