Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MOMENTUM  (Read 23267 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: MOMENTUM
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2009, 07:55:45 PM »

Had a fun evening of viewing. I began by watching another MOONLIGHT episode, another in the Coraline story arc but with an interesting case for Mick that held some surprises. Beth had a surprise of her own for Coraline when she arrived at Mick's apartment.

Overall, I got restless with the Coraline story arc when it was first aired, but I'm not minding it quite as much watching it again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2009, 07:55:59 PM »

Page Seven Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »

Because I enjoyed last night's THE CLOSER so much, I pulled the third season box set off the shelf and watched the very funny "angry bride" episode on disc one. I hadn't watched that one in awhile, and I really enjoyed seeing it again (and laughing through it.)

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »

As I was putting THE CLOSER back on the shelf, my eye happened to catch the box for THE JAZZ SINGER. I didn't want to see the movie again tonight, but I did want to watch that documentary on the dawn of sound that was on disc 2, so I watched that. Very enjoyable documentary.

MBarnum

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »

Interesting thing about hate, I know so many gay people who have suffered from the hate of others and turn around and do the same thing to Arabs, Muslims, and those who "appear" to be from Mexico. I call them on it, and it makes no difference and it absolutely drives me crazy.

My friend Ron goes livid when he hears people not speaking English.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:50 PM »

Next, I watched tonight's new NCIS episode. Very easy to detect killer in this episode with a much too obvious clue very early. The Tony inheritance subplot was also very enjoyable.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »

I have been frustrated lately over the fact that FX is the one remaining network I watch regularly that doesn't have a comparable HD broadcast on my cable system. Tonight, after I finished NCIS, I went flipping around the dial and got to the free HD Showcase channel.

And what did my eyes spy but the last three broadcast episodes of DAMAGES and NIP/TUCK buried in that generic sounding channel. So, looks like I'll be able to watch DAMAGES in HD a few days after broadcast on THAT channel rather than recording the SD broadcast. I couldn't be more delighted!

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »

Looks like I will have to put my April Los Angeles trip on hold as budgetary cuts in State govt. are in the works, and it looks to be massive.

Our agency may end up being open only 3 days a week and if that happens I won't be able to afford to visit the other side of town let alone to Hollywood.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »

I got another late afternoon UPS delivery. The next Criterion/Eclipse box: TRAVELS WITH HIROSHI SHIMIZU. There are four films in the box, none of which I've ever seen. I'll likely start on the single Kurosawa/Criterion disc tomorrow and then start on this box set after that. The movies themselves aren't very long, but there are four of them.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »

Guess I can head downstairs to bed a little earlier than usual.

Good night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »

Keith has discovered a new person in my family tree:

Philo Taylor Farnsworth (August 19, 1906 – March 11, 1971) was an American inventor. He is best known for inventing the first completely electronic television. In particular, he was the first to make a working electronic image pickup device (video camera tube), and the first to demonstrate an all-electronic television system to the public.

In his later life, Farnsworth also invented a small nuclear fusion device known as a fusor.

I believe he is my 6th cousin 3x removed.

This is my consolation prize, Keith was pursuing a link to Jane Austin.  Now that would have been something-darn!

Philo was a Utahn, I'll have you know, and there is a statue of him in the State Capitol.  Someone may even have started a musical about him (as the NYC cognoscenti know, there was a play about him last season, IIRC).   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

As Jane mentioned, it has been pretty much raining here nonstop.  Drip, drip, drip.  Oy, oy, oy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »

What's this dismissing Darfur? I think we're at a point now where we expect other countries to not let these genocides happen.

Right - just like we did in 1939; the Holocaust was a European problem and should have been solved by Europeans. How does that play out today?

I seems we only take a principled position when it's convenient.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »

My friend Ron goes livid when he hears people not speaking English.

How is he on people who do not speak it with perfect clarity (Penelope Cruz).

der Brucer

PS Don't ever let Ron ride a New York subway.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2009, 08:55:58 PM »

Well, that was bound to happen.

I guess if Al Gore can invent the Internet, Barack Obama can credit America for inventing the automobile.

der Brucer

I bet all of Iowa is cheering the promise to cut out farm subsidies.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »

Drip, drip, drip.  Oy, oy, oy.

A Glass symphony?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2009, 09:05:07 PM »

Celebrating by noshing on Lemon filled Paczki.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »

I guess if Al Gore can invent the Internet, Barack Obama can credit America for inventing the automobile.

der Brucer

Oh there's a lot I could say ...but I'm not going to go there. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »

I"m just about done packing.  I never know what to take when I'm going to these things. I was going to try to just do a carry on, but decided what the heck and am packing a real suitcase so I can take a variety of clothes.  I never know what we are going to do and I will be comfortable while I sit in a classroom all day

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »

der Brucer

One thing i will say is that subsidies to the large corporate farms probably killed the family farm.  But it's dead and many of the farm houses are long gone.  Sort of like shutting the barn door after the cattle are already out.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

I"m just about done packing.  I never know what to take when I'm going to these things. I was going to try to just do a carry on, but decided what the heck and am packing a real suitcase so I can take a variety of clothes.  I never know what we are going to do and I will be comfortable while I sit in a classroom all day

And now you have more room to bring home souvenirs! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »

~~~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR CILLALIZ~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »

And now you have more room to bring home souvenirs! :)

Exactamente!!!

I had a hard time deciding what to wear because so many of my clothes are way too big.  I may have to do some shopping while I'm there...oh no, not that ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

~~~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR CILLALIZ~~~~~

Thanks.

I really need this trip and am feeling good.  Pam, who is room sharing with me has also had a long haul recently including a jury trial with a very difficult client.  She is very excited and will be leaving on a jet plane early in the morning.  We've shared rooms to cut costs at a lot of meetings, including NYC. We usually go our separate ways most of the time, but this time I'm not on any committees and neither of us really have friends that live there, so we may just spend more time being touristy together.  That would be fun.  She's a good friend from the lake and I don't see her that often.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »

Well, I believe I'm going to head to the land where the Wussburgers go.  Today was sort of a total bust for me.  I felt foggy-headed for a good chunk of the day, as well as still a little "bus-sick".  I'm feeling much better now, and I think I just need a good night's sleep at the proper time, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »

On another note, I'm a judge for the Siouxland Film Festival. It's short films and there are two categories, grad students and locals .  I'm a judge for the locals.  I was told that there were only 4 local entries a week ago and that they weren't sure what to do.  Today I was given 2 DVDs and about 30 -40 evaluation sheets to help narrow the field.  Yikes!!!

I think I'll watch them on my computer while I'm waiting at the airport etc.   I know the small screen won't give me the whole experience, but it will help me weed out some of them and will give me something to do while I'm waiting.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »

I'm signing off too.  I've got to get this packing finished and get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day and I can't wait for it to get here!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »

The day is finally done and I'm not doing any more days like this for a LONG LONG time.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »

I'm signing off too.  I've got to get this packing finished and get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day and I can't wait for it to get here!!!

Happy shopping trip.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »

But imagine my surprise to log on and find a paltry seven pages.  Skammen.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up