Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT...  (Read 25142 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT...
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

Ginny I get it.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »

Congrats on your space odyssey, Ginny

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »

Sure, you mean like family history/relationship details or wedding planning details?

DR Joy, I was thinking more wedding planning, but since I've unloaded some family dynamics stuff today it might be interesting to hear others'.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »

Ginny I get it.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  

Yes, Jane, I learned a lot today about how much "patient advocacy" has to be done by those accompanying people to the hospital.  And about how little concern medical personnel have for the well-being of the accompaniers (is that a word?).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2006, 06:20:45 PM »

Joy your toast is beautiful.  When is the wedding and why didn’t you grow up with your sister?  

Jane

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2006, 06:22:09 PM »

Ginny sad but true.

Tomovoz

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »

Thank you DRs for the vibes and concern for our young friend Gavin.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »

Joy your toast is beautiful.  

Just add eggs over easy ;)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2006, 06:27:58 PM »

Not only did Dennis Weaver make the world a better place with his acting and good deeds, he is responsible for Ron Howard’s existence.

Jane

« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2006, 06:30:07 PM »

I can just picture the responses to my last post. ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »

MBarnum, did you know he worked on a telemovie version of Doctor Who that was on Fox some years ago... Paul McGann was the new doctor.

Yes, I saw that listed on his credits and I will ask him about that show when we continue the interview tomorrow. I am curious to know how he became involved with it.

He also directed episodes of Coach and Bablyon 5.

MBarnum

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2006, 06:34:26 PM »

Not only did Dennis Weaver make the world a better place with his acting and good deeds, he is responsible for Ron Howard’s existence.

Does Ronnie's dad know about that?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2006, 06:35:30 PM »

A Universal Good vibes to all who need them, and to those who don't think they need them too, you never know

You are a gem

Good news to report...

Have fridge and it came Just before I left for work and it plugged in chilling and should be ready to load with remnants of the old on when I get home. I will have to stop at the store on the way home...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2006, 06:42:34 PM »

Yes, I saw that listed on his credits and I will ask him about that show when we continue the interview tomorrow. I am curious to know how he became involved with it.

He also directed episodes of Coach and Bablyon 5.

This is what little bit that I do know about it Mbarnum...

It was a joint venture between the Beeb and Fox and an effort to sate the American appetite for the good doctor. It was proposed that a movie was to be done to test the waters for a new series. The movie recieved lukewarm reception... (MY opinion heere --- what do they expect in teh middle of June!!) Some americans dissed it and it was unfortunate and I suspect it is due to their lack of knowledge about the history and symbology surrounding the character of the Doctor.

From a freind who was once involved with one of hte writers of the novels based on the characters it was a recommendation of someone from Babylon 5 to Fox and the Beeb.

Also did you know that Tony worked with Days alum, Richard Biggs. Biggs was also well acqauinted with Matt AShford who is bk's play, Deceit.....   ::::: hides hjer soap knowledge quickly ::::
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:47:47 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2006, 06:42:44 PM »

Congratulations DakotaCelt!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »

DR Joy, Lovely toast.....

DR Tomovoz, Sorry to hear about Gavin's misfortune... I hope things look up for him soon.

REst in Peace, Dennis Weaver... He was a remarkable individual.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2006, 06:46:11 PM »

Congratulations DakotaCelt!

I know.... I can finally have MILK again!!!

Dr Jane, Is taht a recent picture of you and DH Keith?

Jane

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2006, 06:47:27 PM »

LOL, far from it.  We were seventeen.  

Ginny

« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »

It just hit me how little sleep I got last night and how too-old I am for all-nighters.  I've already called off work for tomorrow, so will be around most of the day.  Thanks again for all the vibes for DH Richard.  'night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2006, 06:48:45 PM »

LOL, far from it.  We were seventeen.  

You look wonderful I am sure.... Ageless I suspect!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2006, 06:50:58 PM »

Wonder if I willl hit 1000 by the end of the week?

Jane

« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2006, 06:53:05 PM »

LOL-I wish.  

My hair hasn't been that light since I was nineteen (?) when I returned to my natural brown color.  Once in a while I go through lighter stages and then, as I am now, return to being a brunette.

Jane

« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »

MBarnum ;D

We are going to watch the conclusion of BLEAKHOUSE tonight.

‘night.

FJL

« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2006, 06:54:49 PM »

Nice little teaser about Dennis weaver and Ron Howard, Jane.  I won't give the "answer" away, but it really is an example about how one small aprt of one life touches so many others.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2006, 06:56:15 PM »

Nice little teaser about Dennis weaver and Ron Howard, Jane.  I won't give the "answer" away, but it really is an example about how one small aprt of one life touches so many others.

I remember Dennis WEaver on Centennial, McCloud and Gunsmoke

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2006, 07:05:37 PM »

Once in a while I go through lighter stages and then, as I am now, return to being a brunette.

And a lovely one at that!

der flirting Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2006, 07:11:23 PM »

This just in - Based on a reliable report, the Stritch/Cook duets were "The Grass is Always Greener" and "You're Not Sick (You're Just in Love)."

FJL

« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

WARNING - VERY POLITICALLY INCORRECT WACKY SAYING OVERHEARD IN THE LOGE (UPSTAIRS SEATING) AT THE VIVIAN BEAUMONT THEATER TONIGHT:

"I don't care if this is the loge, sir, you don't really need binoculars to see Barbara Cook."

Note:  I'm extremely weight-challenged myself, but I did admire the logic of that line.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2006, 07:22:19 PM »

Back from the mix, which went very well.  Vinnie had done all but the final three songs, and we went through everything, I futzed with this and that and it all sounds very good.  Some of the performances are lovely, some less so, but that's the nature of the beast.  Obviously, they learned no lessons from Vinnie and I in terms of actually recording the show - they didn't have two sets of ADAT machines, which means that every time the tape came to an end, they literally had to stop, change tapes, then continue recording.  Unfortunately, some people were in the middle of their songs, like poor Linda Purl, whose performance isn't on the CD, along with a couple of other folks.  If you have two sets of machines, then you start the B machines as the A machines are running out and you lose nothing.  Oh, well.  But, I'm happy with the sound (you should have heard the exrement that called itself a "mix" that they played for me - the vocals were so far back you couldn't even hear them).  We'll finish up tomorrow.  Now, I must relax.

FJL

« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2006, 07:29:03 PM »

Oops, correct title of that song is just "You're Just in Love" - I knew it didn't look right.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up