Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DISAPPOINTING DOG  (Read 33516 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DISAPPOINTING DOG
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »

Melody's mom sent me an e-mail this morning.  They're agent shopping and Melody needs a one-minute dramatic and comedy monologue.  They found the drama, but couldn't find anything remotely funny that a thirteen year old could do.  I told her I'd think about it - and I couldn't think of anything either.  On my jog, I got an idea, and when I got back I wrote her a monologue.  I sent it to them without telling them it was me.  They loved it and wanted to know what it was from so they could read the play.  I 'fessed up that I'd written it just for her.  And her mother said, "That's why it's perfect for her."  Here it is:

Molly:  Can I tell you about my mother?  I need to tell you about my mother.  Please, let me tell you about my mother.  Okay, I’m telling you about my mother.  She’s crazy. She’s thirty-eight years old. She’s having some kind of mid-life whatever.  She wants to be my age, she wants to be thirteen.  She wants to be best friends and do what I do and hang out with me all the time.  I told her I have lots of friends my age, that I need her to be an adult.  She took away my cell phone for using the “A” word.   She wants to have sleepovers.  I told her, mother we live in the same house, we have sleepovers every night.  That’s not good enough.  She wants to sleep in my room and stay up late and act stupid.  She wants me to call her Eileen.  Who wants to call their mother Eileen?  First of all, her name is Dorothy.  But she saw some old movie on cable, My Sister Eileen, and now she wants to be Eileen.  She does that all the time.  Last week she saw The Sound Of Music and wanted me to call her Leisl.  She kept on singing I am sixteen going on seventeen – I sang back, you are sixteen going on thirty-eight – she took away my cell phone for being an ungrateful daughter.  Yesterday she came into my room to show me her new thong.  Can I just tell you that the one thing a thirteen year old never needs to see ever is their mother wearing a thong?  Fail.  I just want my mother back.  I want thirty-eight to be the new thirty-eight not the new thirteen.   

FJL

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »

People can really be raging a**holes at times, if I do say so myself.  And I do.

I cannot disagree with this.

I can't disagree with JMK either.   But I'd emphasize the "at times" because some people who are that way at times are at many other times delightful people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:28:44 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »

Melody's mom sent me an e-mail this morning.  They're agent shopping and Melody needs a one-minute dramatic and comedy monologue.  They found the drama, but couldn't find anything remotely funny that a thirteen year old could do.  I told her I'd think about it - and I couldn't think of anything either.  On my jog, I got an idea, and when I got back I wrote her a monologue.  I sent it to them without telling them it was me.  They loved it and wanted to know what it was from so they could read the play.  I 'fessed up that I'd written it just for her.  And her mother said, "That's why it's perfect for her."  Here it is:

Molly:  Can I tell you about my mother?  I need to tell you about my mother.  Please, let me tell you about my mother.  Okay, I’m telling you about my mother.  She’s crazy. She’s thirty-eight years old. She’s having some kind of mid-life whatever.  She wants to be my age, she wants to be thirteen.  She wants to be best friends and do what I do and hang out with me all the time.  I told her I have lots of friends my age, that I need her to be an adult.  She took away my cell phone for using the “A” word.   She wants to have sleepovers.  I told her, mother we live in the same house, we have sleepovers every night.  That’s not good enough.  She wants to sleep in my room and stay up late and act stupid.  She wants me to call her Eileen.  Who wants to call their mother Eileen?  First of all, her name is Dorothy.  But she saw some old movie on cable, My Sister Eileen, and now she wants to be Eileen.  She does that all the time.  Last week she saw The Sound Of Music and wanted me to call her Leisl.  She kept on singing I am sixteen going on seventeen – I sang back, you are sixteen going on thirty-eight – she took away my cell phone for being an ungrateful daughter.  Yesterday she came into my room to show me her new thong.  Can I just tell you that the one thing a thirteen year old never needs to see ever is their mother wearing a thong?  Fail.  I just want my mother back.  I want thirty-eight to be the new thirty-eight not the new thirteen.   

Excellent, that's terrific!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »

Molly:  Can I tell you about my mother?  I need to tell you about my mother.  Please, let me tell you about my mother.  Okay, I’m telling you about my mother.  She’s crazy. She’s thirty-eight years old. She’s having some kind of mid-life whatever.  She wants to be my age, she wants to be thirteen.  She wants to be best friends and do what I do and hang out with me all the time.  I told her I have lots of friends my age, that I need her to be an adult.  She took away my cell phone for using the “A” word.   She wants to have sleepovers.  I told her, mother we live in the same house, we have sleepovers every night.  That’s not good enough.  She wants to sleep in my room and stay up late and act stupid.  She wants me to call her Eileen.  Who wants to call their mother Eileen?  First of all, her name is Dorothy.  But she saw some old movie on cable, My Sister Eileen, and now she wants to be Eileen.  She does that all the time.  Last week she saw The Sound Of Music and wanted me to call her Leisl.  She kept on singing I am sixteen going on seventeen – I sang back, you are sixteen going on thirty-eight – she took away my cell phone for being an ungrateful daughter.  Yesterday she came into my room to show me her new thong.  Can I just tell you that the one thing a thirteen year old never needs to see ever is their mother wearing a thong?  Fail.  I just want my mother back.  I want thirty-eight to be the new thirty-eight not the new thirteen.   

That is great, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

Who the FRELL is Mr. G?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »

Who the FRELL is Mr. G?

Wasn't there something earlier about Jake Gyllenhall (sp?)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »

My office is infested with fruit flies!

NO COMMENT!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »

Freitag afternoon greetings!  We are crusing the Mosel River today after a visit to foggy Cochem and the spectacular Reichburg (Imperial Castle).  Richard and I are relaxing in our cabin, enjoying not being talked at.  We're due to dock in Zell in about 3 hours.  There we'll have an onboard wine tasting in the company of the Mayor of Zell and the Wine Queen.

My Wife And I Were on The AMALYRA Sailing Up The Danube Two Years Ago'We Had A Great Time. A Blast! Enjoy The Rest Of Your Trip.

Here is a very distinguished gentleman, with a lovely female companion, and another couple.

It is amazing who you will discover on the internet!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

Then I went to Millenium Park to see the bean.  Then I walked back to the John Hancock building and went to the observatory for a sandwich and a beautiful view and now I'm resting a bit before meeting up with Jose and Kevin.  Looking forward to a nice evening with the HHW guys

To see the bean?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »

Freitag afternoon greetings!  We are crusing the Mosel River today after a visit to foggy Cochem and the spectacular Reichburg (Imperial Castle).  Richard and I are relaxing in our cabin, enjoying not being talked at.  We're due to dock in Zell in about 3 hours.  There we'll have an onboard wine tasting in the company of the Mayor of Zell and the Wine Queen.

My Wife And I Were on The AMALYRA Sailing Up The Danube Two Years Ago'We Had A Great Time. A Blast! Enjoy The Rest Of Your Trip.

One day I would like to take a river cruise.

You could cruise the Columbia.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »

That is terrific, BK.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »

Who the FRELL is Mr. G?

Jake Gyllenhaal!  You mentioned him.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »

What a fun monologue!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »

Well, I'm off to the theater for our very first performance with a paying audience! 

I really have to start LEARNING the sound cues so that I can do them without Marko, who can only be here for a couple of more days.  I don't have any opportunity to practice with the cast, other than during performances. :o

Pray for Rosemary's Baby!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »

Be back later! ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »

I just dropped a full glass of cranberry juice in the hallway when my legs gave out.  I need a Warning Label on my tee-shirt.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »

Every time I try to post, I am told that I have timed out.  It is taking four or five times to make one post.  So, I am done for the night.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »

Oh, no, TCB. I hope you are ok.

Do you get the shots on your next appointment? It's in early November, right?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »

Here is a very distinguished gentleman, with a lovely female companion, and another couple.

The Lovely Female Companion Is My Wife. I was Chairman Of The Polo Club's(Where I Live) 25th Anniversary Celebration. This Picture was taken at the event.
Question? This Was Almost A Year Ago. Where Did This Show Up? The Internet Is An Amazing Place!

td

• td
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »

It's MONO I tell you!  It's MONO!  (talking sound, not health)  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »

:)

JMK

« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »

Oh--I was thinking RLP was referring to some long ago event, not something from today.  But, no, as I stated the ass was not a denizen of HHW.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »

Please provide your technical expertise credentials before you make such an assertion.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »

One day I would like to take a river cruise.

You could cruise the Columbia.

Sounds nice.

We are going to take a New Year's cruise in Tahiti.  We figured we should go somewhere since we have Craig her to watch Sherlock.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »

'night

Jane

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »

I just dropped a full glass of cranberry juice in the hallway when my legs gave out.  I need a Warning Label on my tee-shirt.

:(

td

• td
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »

Please provide your technical expertise credentials before you make such an assertion.

I have ears.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »

Great photo, ArnoldMBrockman
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »

Great monologue, BK.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up