Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29616 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »

I'm really tired of feeling "sickie-poo."  This post-nasal crap and the overall fatiguishness is quite rude.

I wonder if it was coming on anyway or whether the flu shot may have triggered it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2006, 03:24:35 PM »

Tonight is do or die for me with "Friday Night Lights" -- it will either capture my attention in a pleasant, positive way, or I shall waste no more time with it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444[/move]

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2006, 03:26:32 PM »

In the event that an extra Music Person would be of use, I'm free tomorrow afternoon and evening and some of Thursday, for music notation, score marking, taping, running, shlepping, copying and comiserating... I always was the Music Director's assistant, Composer's go-fer, Arranger's copyist, Orchestra contractor,Musicians' liaison, a cast of thousands - for our orchestra up yonder... Elmore, I'll come on by LACC tomorrow and find you! help is on the way!!!

One more final to go in about an hour here at CalState, and three on Thursday, two of which I finished and turned in today, and the third which I have decided to NOT take...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Rehearsal numbers? No problem... Honey, I went to Juilliard!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »

Off i go to be semi-adequate... 74 is Passing.
PennyO

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2006, 03:42:53 PM »

And let's not forget that Clowes Hall is the setting of "one of the greatest musicals yet to be produced."*

*someone is bound to say that sooner or later
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2006, 03:43:43 PM »

an amazing world of HHW.

I have just received excellent mail from Michael Shayne. It's good to be reminded (Often through this site) that there are such thoughtful people in this crazy world.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444[/move]

I've heard of compound time signatures, but that's just ridiculous.  ;)

Or, as a a friend of ours always says when he sees one of the mini pickups with 4x4 written on the tailgate:  "Don't they know the answer's 16?"
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2006, 03:46:32 PM »

Also in today's mail"
"Reds" (Thanks again for the advice JMK)

and "The internationale" Edited by Amy
Carey Linton.    Hainises everywhere.

It seemd like an appropriate double bill to order!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2006, 04:13:50 PM »

You've put me in mind of a double bill of my own, DR TommyovOz!!!!!

I'm quite in the mood for "Strictly Ballroom" and "Prisicilla, Queen of the Desert."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2006, 04:14:28 PM »

OH DEAR!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2006, 04:14:33 PM »

I'm also hankerin' -- Yep, I'm a'hankerin' -- to watch "The Bishop's Wife".

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »

Der Brucer:  I highly recommend you buy up the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" boxes...all seven of 'em.

The show is brilliant!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2006, 04:17:38 PM »

Or, as a a friend of ours always says when he sees one of the mini pickups with 4x4 written on the tailgate:  "Don't they know the answer's 16?"

If there is a hex on the truck, then 4x4=10

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »

Der Brucer:  I highly recommend you buy up the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" boxes...all seven of 'em.

The show is brilliant!
Agree- we already own all 7 boxes.

(But we are missing Vol 8 & * of Stargate SG-1)

They also have the first season of Dynasty! (aka Cat Fight Jubilee)

der Brucer

Our current DVD DataBase shows 987 titles

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:23:59 PM by DERBRUCER »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »

Hello, all!

I had a very rude awakening at 5:30 this morning. Ociee, the little girl cat, lost one of her toys in a plastic bag. She crawled into it, and poked her head through the handles and couldn't escape. So she went flying all through the house in a panic. Before we could catch her, she ran under our bed, somehow turning on the dust buster in the process. It was extremely loud and frightened us both---we didn't know what was making that sound because the bedroom was dark.

Ociee was so scared that she just have done the cat spraying thing. So now after spending all that itme cleaning, my house smells like one of those that belongs to someone with "too many cats". Argh. It took an hour for everyone to calm down and all the cats to unpuff.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2006, 04:31:10 PM »

You've put me in mind of a double bill of my own, DR TommyovOz!!!!!

I'm quite in the mood for "Strictly Ballroom" and "Prisicilla, Queen of the Desert."
Priscilla's cast has enough rouge for you to avoid that other (almost "The Others" reference) show with the ex Mrs Cruise.

A fun double Ron.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »

DR Tomovoz---how kind of you to order our film! I bet that's our first international sale!

I just found out that we're on Netflix now. Yay! I feel so...official!

And you will hear the song several times in "Reds", too. Let me know what you think Maybe your birds can learn the song, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2006, 04:33:43 PM »

Last nights viewing (DR George I think may be a fan) was "The League Of Gentlemen is Behind You" Christmas Pantomime.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:34:12 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

DR Elmore, sorry to hear your troubles. When we did our "Ociee" scoring session, the orchestrators brought their own tables. They used computer programs to do the charts and portable printers and prepped the music on site because of our tight deadline.

I wish I could be there to help you. I've taped many a sheet of music in my time!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »

Half-Breed Wolf Dog Hero Rescues Elderly Owners From Snowstorm
Tuesday , December 05, 2006

By Liza Porteus

NEW YORK — When Eve and Norman Fertig rescued a sick, two-week-old half wolf, half German shepherd puppy from a breeder almost seven years ago, they'd never dreamed that the animal one day would save their lives.

"God is watching; he's watching all the time," Eve Fertig told FOXNews from her home at the Enchanted Forest Wildlife Sanctuary in Alden, N.Y.

He apparently was watching on Oct. 12, when the 81-year-old Fertigs were treating injured animals in the forest sanctuary on their property. One such animal is a near-18-year-old raven, while another is a crow who was shot, blind in one eye with two broken legs.

It was routine for the couple to feed and exercise the dozen or so animals there around 7 p.m. every night.

"While we're in there, the lights go out and I realized something's wrong," Eve Fertig said. "We go outside to see what's happening and down comes one massive tree … the trees came down across us."

The massive storm that hit upstate New York that night felled trees, blocking the Fertig's path to the other sanctuary buildings — such as the school and storage building — and to their home, which was at least 200 feet away.

"We were in big trouble. … I said to my husband, 'I think we could die out here,'" Eve said.

'The Most Heroic Thing I've Ever Seen'

The Fertigs huddled in a narrow alley between the hospital building and the aviary, where they were sheltered from falling trees. They couldn't climb over the trees without injuring themselves. Neither had warm clothes on since it was a clear, crisp fall day just a few hours ago. They hugged each other for warmth, since by 9:30 p.m., temperatures had dropped.

"I wasn't prepared for this … I thought, 'we're trapped, we're absolutely trapped,'" Eve said. "That's when Shana began to dig beneath the fallen trees."

The 160-pound dog that habitually follows her owners around — Eve likens it to "Mary had a little lamb," when the lamb went everywhere Mary went — eventually found the Fertigs and began digging a path in the snow with her teeth and claws underneath the fallen trees, similar to a mineshaft, and barking as if to tell them to follow.

A reluctant Norm said, "I had enough in Okinawa in a foxhole," referring to his service in World War II.

"'Norman, if you do not follow me, I will get a divorce,'" Eve said to her husband of 62 years. "That did it. He said, 'a divorce? That would scandal our family.' I said, 'all of our family is dead, Norman!'"

After Shana tunneled all the way to the house — a process that took until about 11:30 p.m. — she came back, grabbed the sleeve of Eve's jacket, and threw the 86-pound woman over her back and neck, which Eve described as "as wide as our kitchen shelf."

Norman grabbed Eve's legs, and the dog pulled them through the tunnel, under the trees and through an opening in a fence to the house, at which they arrived around 2 a.m.

"It was the most heroic thing I've ever seen in my life," Eve said. "We opened the door and we just fell in and she laid on top of us and just stayed there and kept us alive … that's where we laid until the fireman found us."

There was no electricity and no heat in the house, so Shana acted as a living, breathing generator for the exhausted Fertigs until the local fire department arrived the next morning.

Concerned neighbors — many of whom had children Eve taught — who couldn't get hold of the elderly couple via telephone throughout the night had called the Town Line Fire Department.

But when the fire department urged the Fertigs to go to the firehouse to take shelter along with 100 others, they told them they would have to leave Shana behind.

"We said, 'we don't go anywhere without her.' ... I said, 'we'll stay until the people are gone and we'll take Shana,'" Eve said.

So the couple stayed at home with Shana until Sunday, when the firehouse emptied out. During the three days in a house with no power, heat or hot water, Shana slept with her owners to keep them warm.

"She kept us alive. She really did," Eve said.

Also during that time, firefighters not only helped clear trees from their grounds, but they brought food and water for both human and animal.

"They kept looking at that tunnel and said, 'we've never seen anything like it,'" she said. "I can't thank them enough — they're heroes."

When they went to the firehouse Sunday, Shana followed the Fertigs everywhere, even to the bathroom. And she was 'spoiled rotten' by the fire crews there, Eve said.

She said the fire chiefs said her story of being saved by her pet rejuvenated exhausted fire teams. "The story, they said, just gave them new hope."

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »

I saw REDS years ago. Of course it was "The Sondheim" connection that was the incentive.  And Yes I have the Soundtrack.

A truly great film. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »

If our birds develop their left wings too much they will fly in circles.  
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2006, 04:43:29 PM »

I bet that's our first international sale!

Maybe your birds can learn the song, too!

INTERNATIONALE GOES INTERNATIONAL

Oz parrots learning to march; Cockatoos maning picket lines!

der Brucer

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2006, 04:52:04 PM »

The only "candy" I love that isn't chocolate is a Zero Bar.
Uh...
...oh no, I was thinking of the Uno bar (all chocolate).
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2006, 04:54:12 PM »

*HUGS* I may or may not hit 200 today after all. I've got to bother a venue about booking Voltaire & do some homework.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

DERBRUCER

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »

For those who may have missed it:

The new 2 hour Closer runs again tonight at 11PM on TNT

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »

Agree- we already own all 7 boxes.

(But we are missing Vol 8 & * of Stargate SG-1)

They also have the first season of Dynasty! (aka Cat Fight Jubilee)

der Brucer

Our current DVD DataBase shows 987 titles

"Stargate's" 9th season is now available, too.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

Hello, all!

I had a very rude awakening at 5:30 this morning. Ociee, the little girl cat, lost one of her toys in a plastic bag. She crawled into it, and poked her head through the handles and couldn't escape. So she went flying all through the house in a panic. Before we could catch her, she ran under our bed, somehow turning on the dust buster in the process. It was extremely loud and frightened us both---we didn't know what was making that sound because the bedroom was dark.

Ociee was so scared that she just have done the cat spraying thing. So now after spending all that itme cleaning, my house smells like one of those that belongs to someone with "too many cats". Argh. It took an hour for everyone to calm down and all the cats to unpuff.

Whee.....thanks for the LAUGH, Amy!  I needed this one!

There is nothing like a disgruntled cat suddenly startled by a loud noise!

I'm surprised Ociee didn't claw her way right up through your mattress.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up