Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LITTLE WIENERS WRAPPED IN DOUGH  (Read 13057 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: LITTLE WIENERS WRAPPED IN DOUGH
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »

WHOA! - DR elmore - I feel sooo sorry for Charlotte.  Hopefully, they will be able to find some of the stuff that was taken. At the very least, at least you and Charlotte were not injured during the course of the theft.

*I still remember during the Sondheim Celebration that there were a few unsavory characters who would sit in the balcony of the Eisenhower Theater with long "grab sticks".  -And why the usher never questioned their carrying of grab-sticks - maybe they thought they were canes? - I'll never know.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »

Oh... I had a LOL moment yesterday during the pre-flight instructional video on the flight from Manila to Legazpi...

The voiceover went something like this: "If the plane should start to lose altitude, and we need to prepare for a crash landing, please remove all sharp object from your shirt pockets."

The video: The man proceeds to remove a ballpoint pen from his pocket... And then a fork.

;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:33:26 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »

My day was peculiar: I got back from seeing Rodney Gilfry to find a phone invitation from goddaughter Charlotte to see a movie. We saw OBSERVE AND REPORT with Seth Rogen and Charlotte's godmother Celia Weston as his drunken mother. A truly off-kiltre film, I liked it very much. I didn't know where it would go and it reminded me a lot of TAXI DRIVER in its theme of alienation. During the movie, Charlotte's purse was rifled through and her cell phone, iPod, and cash stolen. We spent time with the police after the film, then headed to Verizon to report the theft. Ron and dona joined us at the Verizon store. It was fun.

That's horrible!   How did that happen?  Had she set the purse down somewhere?

I always keep my purse on my lap, not out of fear of theft but that I will forget it or something. 

VIBES SOMETHING IS FOUND!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »

Thoughts and vibes for DR SAM as she navigates her way tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »

DR MBARNUM I am intrigued by DARNA.  Intriguied and horrified all at the same time.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »

Wonderful news and photo from DR GINNY and DH RICHARD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »

DR DAW - my aunt Mary had the ice cream bowl....and it got quite a work out during the summer months for sure.

I am anxiously awaiting the notes and MR BK's thoughts on WEST SIDE STORY, but I think they are probably similar to mine, although I have only read about it on the inner nit.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »

Thoughts and vibes for DR SAM as she navigates her way tomorrow.

DITTO!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »

DR JOSE is keeping the Philippines hopping, that's for sure.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »

Oh... I had a LOL moment yesterday during the pre-flight instructional video on the flight from Manila to Legazpi...

The voiceover went something like this: "If the plane should start to lose altitude, and we need to prepare for a crash landing, please remove all sharp object from your shirt pockets."

The video: The man proceeds to remove a ballpoint pen from his pocket... And then a fork.

;D

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2009, 06:37:47 PM »

I did 17 consultations today.....that's what happens when you have a regular once a month bargain day......  But I am away from work tomorrow....and I have a day ALL FOR ME....for the first time since April 13.....2009.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »

My day was peculiar: I got back from seeing Rodney Gilfry to find a phone invitation from goddaughter Charlotte to see a movie. We saw OBSERVE AND REPORT with Seth Rogen and Charlotte's godmother Celia Weston as his drunken mother. A truly off-kiltre film, I liked it very much. I didn't know where it would go and it reminded me a lot of TAXI DRIVER in its theme of alienation. During the movie, Charlotte's purse was rifled through and her cell phone, iPod, and cash stolen. We spent time with the police after the film, then headed to Verizon to report the theft. Ron and dona joined us at the Verizon store. It was fun.

That's horrible!   How did that happen?  Had she set the purse down somewhere?

I always keep my purse on my lap, not out of fear of theft but that I will forget it or something. 

VIBES SOMETHING IS FOUND!

Nothing will be; she now has a new cell phone and her parents have declared the theft to Verizon so rthey won't be charged for any calls made between 3:15 and 7 pm. She's more distressed over her iPod.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »

NASCAR is pre empting COPS tonight.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »

MR BK thanks for reminding me of the story of Mr Adam Cates....but where is he from....I know it ain't Brooklyn.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »

Last night there was a movie on TCM that featured an actor that I used to see a lot....in fact sometimes I would see MR BK on television and think it was:

Wes Stern.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »

WHOA!  Just read about some people who flew into Japan from Detroit who were quarantined due to the swine flu.  They are being detained from five to ten days.  Thankfully(?), they flew into Narita, not Nagoya like I did - otherwise, I have a feeling I would have had an email or text from the health authorities. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »

Can you save the music & whatever else is stored in an iPod on back up discs?

Jane

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »

DR Jose, I'm very glad you were not on their flight.  Stay healthy!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Well, being out of work, I should be conserving my resources.  But I decided to be wild and crazy and treat myself to something I've been coveting for a long tim:

A Kitchen Aid stand mixer!

Oh man, I'm jealous about that one...congrats!
The KitchenAid der B and I bought shortly after moving to Rehoboth was a reconditioned model - basically, it had a scratch or something and was sent back to the shop because it wasn't perfect.  Believe me, it's perfect as it is, and we got it at a great discount.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »

So, elmore can see Mr. Rodney Gilfry but not Mr. BK?

I have no urge to pick a fight, but I haven't seen Mr Gilfry in two years and I've seen you since then. Also, to come to my defense, when DR FJL set the date for last night's event. I had already booked my time for both the DC trip and the McGlinnventory. When Skip called me yesterday morning, I had no idea how long I would be at the law office or how I would feel at the end of my day. I had until 2 pm to respond. Between the dust and the US post office's screwup with my mail, I was in no mood to be social with anyone. I would have loved to see everyone there, but you're not dumping guilt on my parade!

Sounds like you've also been courteous enough to know when not to dump on a celebration.  Good decision (but sorry you had to miss it).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2009, 07:18:12 PM »

DR S.W.W. I like your response to DR elmore. 

Ginny

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »

We are back from a lovely dinner at the University Club in downtown Cincinnati.  We were just a few blocks from Great American Ballpark and heard the fireworks, which means the Reds scored a home run.

For dinner I had salmon, asparagus, and whipped potatoes, accompanied by a nice salad, rye salt stick, and Pinot Grigio.  The other entree choice was filet mignon, but the ones I saw on others' plates were too rare for me.  Dessert was Aglamesis raspberry sherbet/vanilla ice cream and a heavenly macaroon.  The Queen City Club is right across the street from the UC and, apparently, the two institutions compete for "best macaroon."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:22:58 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

We are back from a lovely dinner at the University Club in downtown Cincinnati.  We were just a few blocks from Great American Ballpark and heard the fireworks, which means the Reds scored a home run.

Talk about little wieners wrapped in dough................

Jane

« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

If my mixer were that beautiful red I might leave it on the counter, and then I might actually use it.  When I got my dream mixer, years ago, I was very disappointed.  It works great, however it isn't convenient.  It weighs a ton & you have to turn it off & lift the beaters in order to scrape the bowl with a spatula.  Looking at the photo it doesn't appear to have changed much from my model.  Once hand held mixers began to get good I ended up using my big Kitchen Aid for bread dough, mashed potatoes & not much else.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »

DR Ginny your dinner sounds good.  I would have gone for the vanilla ice cream & macaroon, no raspberries for me.  If I never have to eat, or pick, a raspberry again I will be happy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »

Proof that DH Richard is, indeed, the Randy Vicar: His performance at The Brain From Planet X!

OK, so it's one of those things where you had to be there.  But it was priceless!

Jane

« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

I'm going to read for a little bit.

'night

Ginny

« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »

The day has finally caught up with me and I'm suddenly ver-r-r-ry sleepy.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »

DR S.W.W. I like your response to DR elmore. 

I do, too, Woody! Thank you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »

Can you save the music & whatever else is stored in an iPod on back up discs?

I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up