Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO - ME  (Read 3392 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO - ME
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »

Do we also celebrate Guy Haines’ birthday as well?
;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2019, 03:26:06 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  I went on a field trip today with some DAR friends.  We went to the Christian Waldschmidt Homestead, which is on the Little Miami River in greater Cincinnati.  It’s a stone house that was built in 1804 and is owned and was restored by Ohio DAR.  Here we are in front of the fireplace in the portion of the house in which Waldschmidt conducted his business:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »

Nice photo Ginny.  It sounds like a nice outing.

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2019, 03:42:48 PM »

Nice photo Ginny.  It sounds like a nice outing.

Thanks, DR Jane.  It was so interesting that we talked on the way home about participating in the Docent for a Day program.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

That sounds interesting.  When do you have free time to participate ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »

I'm leaving the 40 lbs of litter downstairs until I feel like dragging it up.

Do you have a suitcase on wheels the bag will fit into?

My neighbor below me just brought it up to me.  I was going to worry about it tomorrow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2019, 03:58:46 PM »

The boric acid powder didn't help or you weren't sure about using it around the cats?

I try to keep it out of the cats' way, but I'm not sure it's going in enough places to kill where they breed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »

I'm leaving the 40 lbs of litter downstairs until I feel like dragging it up.

Do you have a suitcase on wheels the bag will fit into?

My neighbor below me just brought it up to me.  I was going to worry about it tomorrow.

That was nice.  I am relieved you have it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2019, 05:59:13 PM »

Back from a very good matinee with a nice, appreciative crowd (including Scott Bakula, director Don Petrie, and several other fun folks).  After, the cast threw me a little party backstage with Dino's Pizza and a fun birthday cake with my Squigs caricature on it, provided by dear reader Leslie.  It was fun and much appreciated by the likes of me.  They had seven candles in one row and two in another and I made a wish and miraculously got all nine candles blown out.  So, if the wish comes true I'll be very happy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2019, 05:59:32 PM »

I'm listening to music for another thirty minutes, and then I shall watch a screener.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »

Back from a very good matinee with a nice, appreciative crowd (including Scott Bakula, director Don Petrie, and several other fun folks).  After, the cast threw me a little party backstage with Dino's Pizza and a fun birthday cake with my Squigs caricature on it, provided by dear reader Leslie.  It was fun and much appreciated by the likes of me.  They had seven candles in one row and two in another and I made a wish and miraculously got all nine candles blown out.  So, if the wish comes true I'll be very happy.

What a great day.  The candles were very clever :)

Jane

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »

Tonight we are going to watch the first episode of "His Dark Materials".  Has anyone seen it?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JANE !

Thank you Jan.  Are you feeling any better today?

You mean Leslie. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »

Tonight we are going to watch the first episode of "His Dark Materials".  Has anyone seen it?

Not yet, but I do want to.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »

Months ago I saw an ad on FB for a shirt I thought was cute.  Keith surprised me with a navy blue hoodie sweatshirt yesterday.

The rabbit is reading Warren Peace which is more visible on this shirt than on mine..

That is a cute shirt, Jane. :)

George

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:38 PM »

Tonight, I have a production meeting for Equivocation at Olympia Little Theatre.  I'll be running sound for it.  Their current production is Miss Bennet, Christmas at Pemberly and I know several people in the cast.  The meeting is at the theater after the show, but I won't see the show today.  I'll wait until I know I'm over my coughing fits.

George, Boiron's Chestal WITH HONEY really, really helps.

Thanks, Jeanne.  I'll look for that.

George

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  I went on a field trip today with some DAR friends.  We went to the Christian Waldschmidt Homestead, which is on the Little Miami River in greater Cincinnati.  It’s a stone house that was built in 1804 and is owned and was restored by Ohio DAR.  Here we are in front of the fireplace in the portion of the house in which Waldschmidt conducted his business:

Nice picture, Ginny.

George

« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »

Very nice, BK.

George

George

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »

And also...Actor René Auberjonois, known for 'Benson' and 'Star Trek,' has died at 79.

I loved him in those early Altman movies, including Images and McCabe and Mrs. Miller. Plus, he had that great, nasty tune in Coco, "Fiasco," which earned him a Tony.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »

Good evening, all. It's been a full day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »

I woke up and make a couple of tarts to take out today. First was to the annual cookie exchange. I dragged along my friend Gail, which proved to be a good move. We got caught up on her recent transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Tampa.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2019, 09:01:25 PM »

I won a snowman ornament for bringing the tastiest cookie. And since it's the cookie I make every year, I was surprised when someone told me she was glad I brought them. She liked them so much last year that she tried to figure out how to make them. But hers weren't as good.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2019, 09:01:59 PM »

Finished with my viewing.  Was going to watch something else, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

John G.

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2019, 09:04:13 PM »

Then we went off to party No. 2, a Christmas party with a Jimmy Buffett tribute band, wine galore and an open bar. The food was spectacular. It was great to run into a few people I don't see except at this party.

Gail and I sat out in the backyard and watched the sun set. It wasn't spectacular, but the colors were memorable, including a gorgeous purple light after the sun had set.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »

I wonder if sitting outside will cause an allergy attack. (Don't care at this point.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »

Then it was off to a dance party at the home of my 1% friends. They are really nice people to open their home to the lot of us. Of course someone spilled a drink on the dance floor and it went into the hostess's shoes. Not cool. I joked about saying someone wanted to drink Champagne out of them. That didn't fly.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up