Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT LI'L OL' WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 26094 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THAT LI'L OL' WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »

If I may ask---what is DEX?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2007, 05:39:12 PM »

I wonder what time tickets are available tomorrow?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2007, 05:40:34 PM »

Cilla I think you should tell DEX you want the guy to have your account.  As the customer you should be able to do that.

I'm going to wait and see what they say first. I'm hoping that's what they will do.  If they decide the other way I will call them

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:01 PM »

If I may ask---what is DEX?

The telephone book company

Edisaurus

« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »

DR Singdaw, congratulations on your millstone!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »

Matt H.
SAVING GRACE once again had a jumbled sense of storytelling which isn't aided by the intrusions of that angel who swoops down at inopportune moments. And I find the dialog very hard to follow. Hunter's mushy Southern accent along with others who mumble or speak rapidly I find confusing.

We had the same problem.  Half way through Keith said he couldn't take it anymore & we turned the show off.

We really wanted to turn it off with the opening scene.  Was that really necessary?  The message of what they were doing was fine, we didn't need to see it for the next 15 minutes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »

I was wondering the same thing

Jane

« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »

DR Laura, my you had a beautiful walk.

JRand, I enjoyed the photo.  Is Miss Blue Moon ok?

Miss Karen, Sherlock of the giant paws says thank you.

DR elmore, I hope your day went well.

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »

I've never done this before, but I had to leave work early. I have a "laundry related injury" and was lucky enough to be able to see my chiropractor. (He only practices a few hours a week)

After injuring my back, I really shouldn't have hauled heavy baskets of laundry, and a huge heavy box, but at the time I didn't realize that I had done any damage. I just thought my back was sore from bending over a table, folding clothes.

I couldn't sleep very well last night---there was no position that was comfortable.

So...adjustment, ice, Aleve. It's hell getting old!

Jane

« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »

Edi-Is it working?  Keith & I never had any luck with chiropractors.  If we did he would have seen one today.

Good back vibes to you & all you need them.

Edisaurus

« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »

e really wanted to turn it off with the opening scene.  Was that really necessary?  The message of what they were doing was fine, we didn't need to see it for the next 15 minutes.

Now I want to see it, just to know what happened. Oh, if only I had stayed home and watched TV instead of spending the evening at the laundromat!

So far, the numbers are good for GRACE. It will be interesting to see if it gets renewed. Poor HEARTLAND is a goner, I'm afraid.

But THE COMPANY is coming up soon, and it really looks good!

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »

I've never done this before, but I had to leave work early. I have a "laundry related injury" and was lucky enough to be able to see my chiropractor. (He only practices a few hours a week)

After injuring my back, I really shouldn't have hauled heavy baskets of laundry, and a huge heavy box, but at the time I didn't realize that I had done any damage. I just thought my back was sore from bending over a table, folding clothes.

I couldn't sleep very well last night---there was no position that was comfortable.

So...adjustment, ice, Aleve. It's hell getting old!

My chiro is great. I go a couple times and feel great

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »

And, if you've purchased a membership that includes some tickets, how does that work?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2007, 05:58:25 PM »

I have a wonderful chiro---Greg went to him when he did something similar to what I did. Dr. Z was recommended by one of our clients who went to at least a dozen chiros. This was the only one who could help her (she was in a terrible car wreck) so we thought that was a good recommendation. He doesn't use much force, just little guns that tap things back into place.

This seems to be a pulled tendon and is inflamed, so it may not help but I haven't been in so long (maybe last year?) that I figured I was overdue anyway.

Dr. Z helped me tremendously when a jackass ran a red light and totalled my car...and my neck. Even then I went to work after the wreck, while the guy who hit me (whose huge car wasn't even damaged) decided to miss work and take a ride in an ambulance.

I had never been in a wreck before. Now I know I should have gone to the Dr. immediately instead of getting a ride to work. Oh well...I just felt so lucky to be OK at the time that I didn't think about what that meant, insurance-wise later...

The most "pleasant" thing about the wreck was all the cars having to dodge my car (they couldn't see that the other side of it was collapsed) screaming at me to move my car! People can be such jerks sometimes.

OK...I'm in pain and crabby...

Edisaurus

« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »

And, if you've purchased a membership that includes some tickets, how does that work?

I'm guessing we will be able to reserve them tomorrow and the great unwashed will have to wait until Sept. 1st.

Membership has its privledges!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:00:11 PM by Edisaurus »

Jane

« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »

Now I want to see it, just to know what happened. Oh, if only I had stayed home and watched TV instead of spending the evening at the laundromat!

LOL-Let me know what you think.  It isn't like the opening of the first episode, which was more graphic than we needed it to be, unless I suppose you are a fan of Holly's body ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2007, 06:04:55 PM »

Ginny, if you go to the NYMF website, there is a place to click for tickets. Right now it doesn't let you do anything, but I'm guessing tomorrow it will.  I think you just log in and it will let you "purchase" how ever many "free" tickets you have coming to you for your membership.

Edisaurus

« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

LOL-Let me know what you think.  It isn't like the opening of the first episode, which was more graphic than we needed it to be, unless I suppose you are a fan of Holly's body ;D

Errrr...what body? ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »

LOL,  A 46 in Women's clothing would be MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger than I am....I didn't take it that way at all.  I actually think they are giving bigger clothes smaller size numbers so that you feel good and buy them...cynic that I am

I was at a trunk show once (where you order clothing made-to-order based on samples, ie, the "trunk") and was asked my size. I said that I was a size 6. "A small 6 or a large 6?"  I suppose every woman can be a size 6, as long as there are plenty of variations!

Jane

« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2007, 06:16:25 PM »

;D

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »

OK, the computer phase of my research-assisting is finished for now and I'm off to do some leg-work.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »

You're going to see ACL and THEN The Brain?  Oy and vey.  We've got a lot to come up to!  

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

I had a goofy thing happen today.  I got a call from my "DEX" representative, she called on my cell phone and made what was really an initial contact.  I told her I had already met with my "DEX" representative and he was working on a lay-out for my yellow pages ad.  She didn't believe me, so I told her the name, number etc, and told her that I had made an initial contact back in May or June and when I received no response I called again. He responded and we met 3 weeks ago and did the whole lay out.  

She was really snippy about it. Tonight the male rep called.  He asked me about it and I told him the same thing. I knew what happened when this whole thing started, but since the female didn't respond for - let's see 6 weeks or so after I called, I don't have any sympathy for her.  I waited about 3-4 weeks after leaving a message for her to contact him.  In my book, you snooze you lose.  He said they are sorting out who should have my account, I hope it's him.  He did his job, she didn't

Not only if you snooze you lose, but why would any company want a rep on an account where she had already loused up? Plus you said she was snippy. Doesn't speak well for the company at all. If it were me, I'd tell the company I didn't want her. Just my opinion, of course.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »

This seems to be a pulled tendon and is inflamed, so it may not help but I haven't been in so long (maybe last year?) that I figured I was overdue anyway.

OK...I'm in pain and crabby...

Edi, you may want to try the homeopathic remedy Arnica. I was up in Quebec several years ago and slipped on some stairs and strained my ankle. Fortunately, I was able to put ice on it almost immediately (the stairs were to a little grocery store, which carried bags of ice). I also had a tube of Arnica in my purse. I took one dose then, and another that evening. I had to fly home the next day. I was absolutely amazed that I was able to walk without any pain at all. I was flying out of Toronto and they don't have a moving walkway. I was on my feet quite a lot, but with no problem.

Arnica comes in a cream or pellets (tiny pills). It's wonderful stuff. Available at health food stores.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2007, 06:52:12 PM »

TOD: I saw this painting by Jackson Pollock when my sister and I went to the Met last fall. I am an art idiot, but I took a photo of it because DR Sandra has some fascination with Jackson Pollock. Probably because she thinks it looks like vomit.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2007, 06:54:36 PM »

Edi, you may want to try the homeopathic remedy Arnica.

Yes, I may! I'll look for it tomorrow after work. Thanks, Jeanne!

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2007, 06:55:20 PM »

Another favorite museum: The Museum of the Moving Image in London (I think they have one in Queens, too...)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

I probably won't know any more about the fundraiser funding until the end of the week.

Edisaurus

« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »

TOD: I saw this painting by Jackson Pollock when my sister and I went to the Met last fall. I am an art idiot, but I took a photo of it because DR Sandra has some fascination with Jackson Pollock. Probably because she thinks it looks like vomit.

Graffitti I saw once in the art school bathroom:
"Jackson Pollock is a squid."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up