Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...  (Read 79306 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2008, 01:00:41 PM »

I'm hoping that at four on a Sunday traffic won't be too bad.  Hopefully most people will be home watching the Oscar festivities.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »

please send super duper vibes to dr kerry. he became ill after church today. i am posting from my ds's cell phone in the er

:o

~~~Super Duper Vibes for DR Kerry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »

Welcome eighteen GUESTS.

singdaw

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »

DearReaderLaura DR - Shocked to hear about DR Kerry; thanks for keeping us in the loop.

***HEALTHY VIBES***
to DR Kerry!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »

E! seems to be broadcasting OSCAR all day, even though at times they don't appear to have anything to broadcast.

singdaw

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »

I have some very YOUNG teens next to me speaking in that annoying way of teens.

Are they phrasing?
Everything they say?
As a question, like?

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »

Vibes for DR Kerry! Yikes!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »

I was flipping channels and caught on PBS "Being Alive" in Mr Esparza's eye-bugging overwrought performance.  It's as bad as his Tony night version.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:25:41 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »

I found Barbara Walsh a very bland and uninspired Joanne. And as I said the other day, she was so off pitch when she began singing "It's the Little Things" that I winced.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2008, 01:40:44 PM »

I began my afternoon with the second bonus feature on CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND. This was a featurette about Treasure Island itself, the 1939-1940 Exposition held in San Francisco. I never knew there was a World's Fair there simultaneously with the one going on in New York in 1939. Amazing.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »

I then listened to about 20 minutes of the audio commentary on this CHAN feature. No, Dr. Drew Casper was sadly not chosen to do it, and the two gentlemen participating talked basically off the cuff with nothing prepared ahead of time and wasting a lot of time fumbling for things to talk about.

They should take notes from John Fricke.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »

Well, I have to go.  I need to take a shower, then try and find this "resale certification" thing, then go to rehearsal.  I will be back...eventually.  I'm not sure when.  I'll start to ketchup as soon as soon as I get back from rehearsal.  I haven't seen many of the nominated movies, so I'm not personally invested in any of the outcomes.  So, spoil away, especially since we're all seeing it live.  There is no tape delay for the west coast. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »

Finished the afternoon with DAN IN REAL LIFE. A nice enough, feel-good comedy (lots of talent on board including Norbert Leo Butz, Dane Cook, Juliette Binoche, Emily Blunt, John Mahoney, Dianne Wiest) but boy was it ever predictable. This got very good reviews, but I found it very forumlaic. Enjoyable but fairly standard stuff.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »

There are quite a few bonus features on there which I may or may not get to depending on when I start watching the Oscar coverage on E!

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »

Vibes for DR Kerry and to DR Laura for accompanying him to the ER and keeping us posted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »

How many cucumbers gave their lives for BK's cucumberbund? Are silk worms any more sacred than cucumbers?

I'm not aware that ANY moths gave up lives.  I've always been under the impression that the cocoons were collected after the moths emerged.

But I don't worry about the lives of moths bred for silk production any more than der Brucer or S. Woody worry about the lives of the food animals they consumE!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - do you plan to display any of the posters on your walls, or is this not that sort of thing?

Hmmmm...."display"?  What a novel  idea.

If only I had ENOUGH wall  space to hang them all!  

At some point, DR singdaw, I plan to work out a "rotation"  of said posters so that I can enjoy them  all.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »

I'm excited about the Oscars tonight. Quite excited that for the first time i'll get to see the whole Red Carpet. I've never gotten the E broadcast before. Although i'd love to get the Joan Rivers one. But i will have to be happy with Ryan Seacrest.

I'll probably check it out at 6pm when it starts.

td

• td
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »

Health vibes for DR KERRY
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

Well i guess i could watch the pre-pre-show. But i don't think i will!

Vibes to DR Kerry. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks DR Laura for letting us know.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »

Okay, let's get some postin' goin' on.

For me, this year's Oscars are totally without interest beyond mild  curiousity.  I just don't  care who wins in any category.

It makes me sad, somehow, but the nominations truly seem to reflect the  films Hollywood set aside for "Oscar" at the end of the year rather than any films I might enjoy/be interested in.

To spare you all from  this Oscar malaise,  I shall absent myself from the annual Oscar bitch-fest for lack of there being any win or loss that might delight/incense me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

I was flipping channels and caught on PBS "Being Alive" in Mr Esparza's eye-bugging overwrought performance.  It's as bad as his Tony night version.

I was afraid it might have been just me.  I don't get why he was cast.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »

Avatar enlarged. Taken in 2001 on a trip to Northern Italy to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary.

Northern Italy...I had forgotten how far north Pisa is.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:20:17 PM by Ron Pulliam »

td

• td
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »

I'm not excited at all about this year's Oscars.
Sure, I'll tune in just to see how everyone is dressed and how John Stewart's hosting is, but, I'm just not interested.
Like DR Matt, I remember being so excited during my school days of being allowed to stay up and watch - my first was the MY FAIR LADY/MARY POPPINS year  - and have rarely missed an Oscar show since then.  There were times that I was at special parties that watching the show was secondary to everything else going on, and the time that I performed as Boy George at one of those. . .
That said, my predictions:

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
DANIEL DAY-LEWIS
MARION COTILLARD
JAVIER BARDEM
KATE BLANCHETT

Jennifer

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

DR Singdaw. Actually i could totally read your pink writing on white.  I think yellow is impossible to read on white.

When i do use color i will use yellow. And if it shows up on blue background i'll just modify that post and copy what i wrote and paste it into a new message!

td

• td
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »

Well, I shall also probably NOT be at the HHW par-tay, since the computer is upstairs, and the Oscars will be viewed downstairs. . .

Ginny

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

Richard and I met at our former church for a lovely memorial service for our friend Mary Lee.  She was actually a contemporary of my mother-in-law - her signature is strong in the guest book from Harriet's service last September.  One of Mary Lee's sons graduated from high school with DH Richard and DR Elmore and her daughter was our DS Rob's 4th grade teacher.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »

PLEASANT DRIVE HOME VIBES TO BK!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

SUPER-DUPER HEALING VIBES TO DR KERRY!

Let's hope he feels quite fit very soon!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »

DR Singdaw. Actually i could totally read your pink writing on white.  I think yellow is impossible to read on white.

When i do use color i will use yellow. And if it shows up on blue background i'll just modify that post and copy what i wrote and paste it into a new message!

I will not be reading anyone's "yellow text" writings.  I will also not post any text in yellow.

I will, however, continue to post SPOILER alert warnings, as I've been doing, before my regular posts of my reactions/replies to comments on recent episodes of shows that I love and wish to discuss just after they've aired.  

I say this now as a courtesy to anyone not wishing to read those posts.  STOP at the SPOILER ALERT, and then demand of yourself that you skip past my post without cheating and looking at it anyway if you don't truly want a spoiler.  It works everywhere else on the internet and it can work here.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:20:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40   Go Up