Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RELAXED NOTES  (Read 13011 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE RELAXED NOTES
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2004, 11:05:54 AM »

hmmm.... Site is still ssssssllllllloooowwwww....

I wonder if the site had a massage last night too?

:\
Make Your Own Luck.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2004, 11:30:43 AM »

Although there's something interesting about having a single-named accompanist accompanying a single-named violinist.  ;)

Especially when that single-named violinist is named for a single-named liquer.   ;)

(Which is much, MUCH different from a single-malt scotch....)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2004, 11:31:41 AM »

Silent movies - makes me think of some audience members at Chautauqua in Boulder. These people would bring their small children -- which is fine -- but then would read the titles to them throughout the entire film in a perfectly normal loud voice. Aaarggh!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2004, 11:56:01 AM »

...However, abandoning TBYOOL allowed me to watch "Good Eats" and take my 10:15 nap just as he was getting to the Bananas Foster (at least I think that's what Alton was up to....)
I don't think the Bananas episode is one of Alton's best.  The Chili episode on the other hand (with Grumpy Gus, Rusty, and the Mysterious Stranger) ranks with his very best.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2004, 12:02:23 PM »

But we have twice as many posts from you to make up for it!  :)

I actually enjoyed "Lost" last night and will tune in to at least a few more episodes before deciding whether it will be regular viewing or not.  It reminded me not so much of "Lord of the Flies" or "Jurassic Park" as it did that great short-lived 45 minute experiment half-season ABC drama "The New People."  Does anyone remember that one?
Yes, I do remember it.  I particularly remember that it had a lot of problems with the writing.

Hopefully, with Abrams at the helm, Lost won't have the writing problems.  This also explains (sort of) why season four of Alias won't get going until January: at least Abrams has the sense not to spread himself too thinly with two projects (I hope).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

Is it bad if someone brought over ANOTHER free box of Krispy Kremes? :)

Thank goodness the free coupons stop tomorrow!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2004, 12:10:42 PM »

I'm on the phone with our host trying to trace the slowness problem which they say is now not on their end.   They've found the problem - some "robot" was randomly flooding our site with "requests" - some peckerwood in Asia I'm told, who has nothing better to do than find random IP addresses and cause trouble for them.  The problem is now fixed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2004, 12:11:08 PM »

That post went through immediately.  Now we must catch up, or, at the very least, ketchup.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2004, 12:11:20 PM »

Now we're cookin' with gas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2004, 12:11:57 PM »

Speed, baby, that's what we got, speed.  We are cruisin'.  

Robots - damn them, damn them all to hell.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

All CD boxes are unboxed and CDs are on shelves, although not fitting quite correctly yet - I'll have to figure it out, but at least they're all unboxed save for two boxes of assorted junk that I just had lying in the closet, which I'll just put in the garage for the time being.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »

This is ketching up?  C'mon, after all the complaints about slowness, we can now go fast and everyone is sitting there like so much fish.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »

Matt H the opening scenes in LOST were very gripping.  Thanks for suggestion the show.  I haven’t watched CSI: NY yet.

I’m pleased to say Bogies feels better today.  Now we have to keep this problem from recurring.  It could be related to his early kidney failure.

Joey I enjoyed the photos and reading about the new theater.  It sounds very exciting.

I often have trouble getting here, or on any site, thanks to our satellite service.  I just thought that was my problem this morning.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2004, 12:29:55 PM »

We had tickets today for THE ROYAL FAMILY.  I turned them in for a tax refund-just not up to it.  My back is worse.  I must admit I’m a bit scared it won’t feel better by Oct. 3rd when I leave for Bethesda.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2004, 12:32:02 PM »

We had tickets today for THE ROYAL FAMILY.  I turned them in for a tax refund-just not up to it.  My back is worse.  I must admit I’m a bit scared it won’t feel better by Oct. 3rd when I leave for Bethesda.  

~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES, DR JANE~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Over lunch I picked up the Bay Cities CD issue of Golden Boy, executive produced by our own BK! $8.99, what a deal. I also got a copy of Here's Love for $6.99. It looks like they either bought or got someone's collection but I already have much of what was in the bins.

Since I couldn't post this morning here is a late afternoon picture from our vacation.

We're done with the State Fair pictures. This one was taken at the new Ikea which opened up across from the Mall of America.  We had lunch and then spent a couple of hours browsing. The lunch was actually quite good. We had the world famous Ikea Swedish Meatballs (it is a Swedish company after all, and we were in the land of Scandanavian descent).

Ben

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2004, 12:35:27 PM »

Now that's posting! Even with the picture, it went right through.

Emily

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2004, 12:43:36 PM »

I had trouble logging in earlier but am now glad that all has been fixed.

Today has been very productive: I went to three classes and a conference, got my picture taken (albeit a God awful one) for my public transport student discount card and am now in the library researching with my group on Atlantic Canada's voting behaviour.

The last item on that list is far from interesting... grrr...

I believe I will have to sup with the members of my group after we meet with our professor and debrief on what we have and haven't found on our topic.  Luckily the prof, despite her predisposition towards assigning her students boring project subjects, is extremely nice and intelligent to boot.  The group members are also very ambitious - so at least there's no fear in getting bogged down with all the work! :)

DR Joey, the new rehearsal hall looks delish.  Does anyone else find it fascinating that when a space is acoustically correct it almost always LOOKS beautiful too?  Nature works out nicely :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2004, 12:44:51 PM »

I don't know from fixed or not fixed...but the only way I was able to access this here (hear! hear!) site just now was to back-door my way in via google.  My direct link yielded a note that there were too many users...as IF!

Sigh.

I found a link on google that took me to the archives...from whence I removed that part of the address -- the "archive" part -- and got into today's notes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 12:46:00 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2004, 12:47:41 PM »

Gollum!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2004, 12:58:22 PM »

Question for all regarding DR Joey's new theatre:  is there a proper way of "christening" a new venue?  I don't recall ever hearing about such a practice, but ya would think that there would be some kind of time-honored ritual.

In any case, congrats and good luck with the new hall, Joey!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 01:02:10 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2004, 12:58:47 PM »

Now that post went through so fast my head spun!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2004, 01:13:49 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  MORE BACK PAIN FREE VIBES FOR JANE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2004, 01:17:55 PM »

This is today's Google logo:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2004, 01:20:03 PM »

Question for all regarding DR Joey's new theatre:  is there a proper way of "christening" a new venue?  I don't recall ever hearing about such a practice, but ya would think that there would be some kind of time-honored ritual.

In any case, congrats and good luck with the new hall, Joey!

Seems like something that would take a full orchestra and chorus doing "The Messiah" to accomplish.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2004, 01:20:25 PM »

Thank you Jose.  I am having a difficult time keeping up with your moves.  Did you leave your friend’s (Chris?) place and go somewhere new?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2004, 01:21:09 PM »

Back-pain-be-gone-vibes-to-DRJane

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2004, 01:22:39 PM »

I wanted to mention another silent comedy which I really like: SHOW PEOPLE with Marion Davies and the wonderful William Haines. Those who have never seen it should keep an eye out for TCM's next broadcast. It's lots of fun.

Does TCM still do Silent Sunday Night?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2004, 01:22:42 PM »

Sorry about your back, Jane.  Does a chiropractor help at all?  Acupuncture?

Jane

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2004, 01:22:50 PM »

And than you Dan (the Man).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up