Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW EVERYTHING  (Read 21721 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NEW EVERYTHING
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2004, 05:49:55 PM »

The interview is one of our best - VERY frank and I think our aspiring performers will especially be interested in it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2004, 06:08:58 PM »

So, what's for dinner?

Me, I'm roasting some beets.  And I'll be poaching some chicken breasts and mashing some potatoes and making a mushroom gravy.  (It makes for a break from the Sunday Prime Rib at the Purple Parrot, but we figured that's not a good idea tonight since the place is having a Super Bowl Party.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2004, 06:12:58 PM »

Well I am back. Catching up on the posting and BK blogs
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2004, 06:13:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about your lost Laura.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2004, 06:13:52 PM »

Happy Birthday to Donald and Kerry.
Happy Birthday to Kerry and Donald
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2004, 06:14:24 PM »

I was going to post from my hotel room but I forgot my Power cord and my battery was dead.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2004, 06:15:54 PM »

As Fanny Brice said in Funny Girl, "Don't Rain On My Parade". Well the Saturday Birthday Gods did not listen and it rained all day. Today was a little bit better.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2004, 06:18:22 PM »

And Waterworld is no more.  Shrek 4D is a lot of fun as is the new Jummy Neutron ride. Universal in Orlando is really a souped up amusement park. It is nothing like Universal in LA (or Universal City). The best non-roller coaster rides are Spiderman (In 3D) and Men in Black (which is interactive) As for roller coasters The Hulk and Dueling Dragons are great.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2004, 06:27:21 PM »

And Waterworld is no more.  Shrek 4D is a lot of fun as is the new Jummy Neutron ride. Universal in Orlando is really a souped up amusement park. It is nothing like Universal in LA (or Universal City). The best non-roller coaster rides are Spiderman (In 3D) and Men in Black (which is interactive) As for roller coasters The Hulk and Dueling Dragons are great.

Oohhh.. That's right... I forgot that they had discontinued the Waterworld show down at Universal Orlando.  -They were hit hard by the post 9/11 drop in attendance - and like it's neighbor down I-4, Disneyworld - it's still recovering.  Unfortunately, part of that recovery has included cutting back on staff, performers, shows and attractions.  However, I love the Hulk coaster... and Did you ride both dragons?  Fire and Ice?
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2004, 06:29:40 PM »

Oohhh.. That's right... I forgot that they had discontinued the Waterworld show down at Universal Orlando.  -They were hit hard by the post 9/11 drop in attendance - and like it's neighbor down I-4, Disneyworld - it's still recovering.  Unfortunately, part of that recovery has included cutting back on staff, performers, shows and attractions.  However, I love the Hulk coaster... and Did you ride both dragons?  Fire and Ice?

yes I Did. There is a live show of the 8th Voyage of Sinbad which was rather amusing
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2004, 06:31:07 PM »

I have some pictures taken with some of the Universal/Marvel characters. Which I will post
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2004, 06:32:44 PM »

I do hope we have a posting frenzy later after this silly Bowling.  I would hate to reach a new low on the first of a new month, that would just be heinous (heinous, do you hear me?).

I went to rehearsal.  I couldn't post from there.  I could however walk and talk and say my lines (almost off-book, one week til deadlin of being off-book) as well as digest information and format new thoughts on the character and motivations and what the scenes are really about. . .

I came back from rehearsal and did the grocery shopping.  couldn't post from the grocery store, but, i could buy fresh asparagus.

Got back from the store and did the daily nursing duties, couldn't post from there, either, but I could wrap a wad of xeroform and roll a roll of gauze as well as wrap an ace bandage, or three, as well if not better than any registered nurse.

Following the nursing came the dinner preparation and the dinner itself.  couldn't post from the kitchen table, but, i could wolf down two slices of meatloaf and one serving of tortellini. . .and the vanilla pound cake covered with berries (assorted) and whipped cream.

Then came the email.
So I popped a movie into the dvd player, and it was two hours and twenty-five minutes long, but lovely.
Did my assignment.

Came to HHW to post.

;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »

I love If I Can't Take It with Me I'm Not Gonna Go - both the song and the singer. It's one of my LIB favorites. I'm looking forward to the upcoming interview with Alet Oury.

My friend Jean was over for dinner last night and, interestingly, we listened to Leroy Anderson Favorites, as played by the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra.

Michael

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

First the obvious standing in front of the Universal rotating sign which can be seen to the left. Below is some character I am not sure who it is supposed to be
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2004, 07:06:01 PM »

Next a couple of views outside my room at the Royal Pacific Hotel
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2004, 07:06:22 PM »

Number 2
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2004, 07:07:09 PM »

Me and TOBEY MCGUIRE the star of Spiderman
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 07:07:26 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2004, 07:08:26 PM »

Here is Captain American and Me giving the thumbs up to
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2004, 07:19:22 PM »

I love pictures of handsome men!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2004, 07:22:26 PM »

I don't understand.  We've got "that" version of Heidi on DVD, but der Brucer would rather watch the last minute of the SuperBowl!  

Some people have no sense of history, I tell ya!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2004, 07:32:44 PM »

Why can't these Super Bowl thingies run on time?!?!?  I want my Survivor!!!

-Wow, did I just say that?  Well, I'll at least watch the first episode... Colby... Need I say more?  ;)

Thanks DR Michael Shayne for the Universal Pics.  They are bringing back many fond memories of my audition tour.  And I didn't realize you were staying "on campus" at the Royal Pacific.  Nice hotel, definitely built for the business and convention business, but still a nice hotel.  -It's just kind of funny that the really nice hotel on campus down there is the Hard Rock Hotel - oh, and the Portofino is quite nice too.  Were you able to catch the torch lighting ceremony around the pool?  And did they leave interesting "mints" on your pillow?  I got a few kitchen magnets, a lei, and a shell filled with potpourri.  Frankly, I would have preferred chocolates.  ;)  So, did you catch the Universal Monsters Live show?  ;)  Too bad they don't run the Spiderman Live show down there... it's trash, but fun trash.   And the "transformation" of Peter Parker is fun... and actually quite sexy.

Oh, good... It was a successful field goal!  Game over... Go Patriots!!!  -Remember, I was born in Boston.  Oh... Now it's time for the post-game show.. I guess they'll be going to 11:00EST...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2004, 07:40:40 PM »

Oh, boy does that DVD of TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE look wonderful. Just a gorgeous, sharp picture
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2004, 07:45:34 PM »

I assume the long underwear on those young men has something to do with unseemly unseasonal cold spell in Florida - thanks anyway Michael!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2004, 07:48:03 PM »

Don't make me post the Ferlenghetti again!  Pity poor TCB!  I think TCB actually met Ferlenghetti!

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2004, 07:48:22 PM »

Cute pic of you and the first cartoon character, Michael. As for the pic with Captain America, well, let's just say I'm jealous.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2004, 07:56:34 PM »

Back after Survivor!
Make Your Own Luck.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »

There, there, Jed. It's OK. Just say it with me:

"Swishy, you were right. The Panthers lost and I am ashamed to have ever doubted the Patriots' ability to beat them shamelessly."

Don't you feel better?!

;) Just joshin' with ya.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2004, 08:06:17 PM »

Now I am not taking sides here, becuase as I said before, I didn't have any particular attatchment to either team...however, in defense of the Panthers, they put up a mighty good fight right up until the end.  It was a win for the Patriots, but the Panthers still did themselves proud!
Wow..I'm talking football..something must be wrong with me...

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2004, 08:18:54 PM »

Let me tell you something else about the Panthers (have to defend my hometown team), two years ago they were 1-15 and last year they were 7-9. Do you know what a triumph it has been for them to have gotten TO the Super Bowl this year, and to have played like that against a team that has been to the Super Bowl often? Getting to the Super Bowl was the GREATEST victory this team could have achieved. Playing as closely as they did was icing on the cake. I am SO proud of them.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

Would just like to reiterate that I have nothing against the Panthers, they did indeed play well, and no matter where you're from, if your team makes it to the Superbowl, you're obviously one of the best out there.

But Mommy, Jed started it!!!

:)
...Walk in the sunshine...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up