Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE MYSTERY GIRL  (Read 17236 times)

Jennifer

Re: THE MYSTERY OF THE MYSTERY GIRL
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »

I watched a very interesting sport (Olympics). It's called snowboarding cross, where 4 snowboarders race each other at a time. Very excting. I have never seen this sport before.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »

Over Valentine's Day I got to sample some new (and some new to me) flavors of Hershey's kisses.

One was caramel, which i have tried before and which i like very much (caramel inside with chocolate over it).

A new one was cherry (i have not seen this one here before). It's basically a cherry cream filling. Not bad.

Also i had hugs (white and chocolate over a chocolate inside). I wish they would put a white chocolate inside.

The best one, and one i've never seen or tried was cookies and cream. It is basically like the cookies n' cream chocolate bar (white chocolate with oreo cookie bits). Very yummy!

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »

I am going to watch the pairs finals later (figure skating). And now i'm watching the men's 500m long track speed skating finals. I have my fingers crossed for Canadian Jeremy Witherspoon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »

Also, I don't rate an office in this new place--I'm in a cube.  My computer screen is also rather exposed, so I have to be careful of my internet usage.  Until I'm feeling a little more secure, my daytime posting might be on the limited side...

Good idea even if you will be missed.

Condolences on the new situation & vibes you quickly settle in.  At least the ride is lovely.  Are you able to read on a train?

I didn't read today but I do plan on doing so when I begin my routine.  But because of some computer issues we will be going back to the Philly office for the next three days.  My commute to "Conshy" won't be regular until the week after next.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2010, 04:53:09 PM »

WOW!!

Check out the photo credit!?!?!?  :)

The Village Voice - L'Amour

Very cool!  Your own column will be next!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:34 PM »

re: the olympics last night

I know they made a big deal about it on NBC. But last night was one of the most thrilling moments for Canadians.

I'm talking about the men's moguls. That was the first gold medal EVER for a Canadian for an Olympics held in Canada.

I thought it was thrilling to watch (especially after the disappointment the day before in women's moguls).

I was jumping up and down cheering for him, well, as much as one can jump up and down while seated in a recliner..Congrats Canada

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »

If I could go anywhere right this minute, I'd go to the Olympics in Vancouver

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »

re: the olympics last night

I know they made a big deal about it on NBC. But last night was one of the most thrilling moments for Canadians.

I'm talking about the men's moguls. That was the first gold medal EVER for a Canadian for an Olympics held in Canada.

I thought it was thrilling to watch (especially after the disappointment the day before in women's moguls).

Ok, I was cheering the day before for the USA win in the women's moguls

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »

What a great answer, DR Cillaliz - I'll meet you there!

Actually, it meets my qualification, too, as a place where it's not snowing  :-\
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »

DR Jose - you asked last night about the Library Hotel.  I've looked into it, but it's pretty pricey.  In fact, when ALA was last in NYC, there was a lot of discussion in the library world about how real librarians probably can't afford to stay there!

You should call and ask if they have a discount for retired librarians

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:34 PM »

What a great answer, DR Cillaliz - I'll meet you there!

Actually, it meets my qualification, too, as a place where it's not snowing  :-\

Actually you see more on TV, most likely, but I really want to go to the winter olympics some day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

One of the US pairs men....can't think of his name at the moment....is the nephew of a Sioux City Cop

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »

Bode Miller reminds us of our nephew Christopher, who's a search and rescue helicopter pilot in the Air Force.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »

I accidentally saw the results earlier today, but I'm still enjoying watching

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »

Today I went to the office this morning and had a very nice day.  I did lots of odds and ends before really focusing and completing the motion and brief that's due tomorrow and has been weighing on my mind for weeks.  I was there until almost 5:00 PM, but I left feeling about 15 pounds lighter just getting the worry off my back

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »

Boo thinks the horn at the start of the downhill is a car outside. She keeps jumping up to see who it is

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:24 PM »

Hello, everyone.

TRAVEL VIBES TO ELMORE!

PUBLISHING VIBES TO JOHNG!

KEEP WARM & DRY VIBES TO ALL DRS IN THE MIDWEST AND EAST!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »

I "talked" to Singdaw today (via email) and he is doing well and likes his new part-time job. I told him he is sorely missed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »

One thing I love about this Olympics is the number of athletes who are in their late 20s and 30s who are doing great and even medaling.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »

DR Jennifer, I'm jealous at the amount of coverage you can see there

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »

TOD:

Well, I'm quite happy to stay in one place for a while. I have little interest in traveling after all I did this past year.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

Mark Ladwig is the skater I was talking about

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Also, I don't rate an office in this new place--I'm in a cube.  My computer screen is also rather exposed, so I have to be careful of my internet usage.  Until I'm feeling a little more secure, my daytime posting might be on the limited side...

Good idea even if you will be missed.

Condolences on the new situation & vibes you quickly settle in.  At least the ride is lovely.  Are you able to read on a train?

I didn't read today but I do plan on doing so when I begin my routine.  But because of some computer issues we will be going back to the Philly office for the next three days.  My commute to "Conshy" won't be regular until the week after next.

Nice of them to give you a little time to get used to the change.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »

Today I went to the office this morning and had a very nice day.  I did lots of odds and ends before really focusing and completing the motion and brief that's due tomorrow and has been weighing on my mind for weeks.  I was there until almost 5:00 PM, but I left feeling about 15 pounds lighter just getting the worry off my back

I bet!!  :)

Jane

« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »

Thanks for the report Jeanne.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »

Jane, unless I am missing something, my Groups are nowhere under my avatar pic on FB.  I did find them on Info per Jose's recommendation.

Keith is a wizard.  But you knew that already.  :)

(For you DR's who may not know, Keith has been able to track down an incredible amount of information on my father's family.  My father was orphaned at an early age and always refused to discuss his childhood and Keith has really helped to fill in some missing bits).

That's pretty cool! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »

Greetings from  Amherst! I am on the Hampton Inn computer after a day at the library at Amherst College. I finished my research by noon, but my friend Joseph, who's going through all the George M Cohan scores was busy copyting orchestra parts until 3:45. Tomorrow morning we will check out, go back to the library and he will finish his copying. I will take my work on WIZARD OF OZ and work on it.

Today, while he was copying, I explored the campus, found a student computer location and dealt with 130 emails. Then I spent some time in the music library looking at scores and books.  Tonight I will try to finish my Broadway Fights AIDS chart so I can begin copying it on Wednesday morning.

We need travel vibes tomorrow because we may be driving back through a lot of snow. So, please keep them vibes coming!

TRAVEL VIBES TO ELMORE AND JOSEPH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~DITTO!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »

Travel Vibes to Elmore and Joseph~~~~~~~ If it looks really bad - don't take chances!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »

I love watching figure skating.  I can't remember a year when the pairs were all this good. Maybe I just don't remember it, but man they all seem to be good this year
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up