Re:1776
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2006, 05:03:41 PM »

But it's hot as hell in Phila del phia

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »

Off and on thunderstorm and sun... I did some hackage of brush, and weedage of weeds, then I came inside and made a gigantic pancake and wolfed it down. Well, look, now it's sunny again...

Welcome to Jeanne - did you know me way back when? I went to Hamilton High between 1964 and 1967, drama classes with BK and the oddnik Mr. Gordon.

Well, I'll be checking back in awhile, kidz. Have a happy and safe blastathon.
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »

Good thing Rehoboth Beach had it's fireworks celebration on Sunday.  We've had thunder and lightning for the last half hour tonight.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2006, 06:49:36 PM »

I had thought about a movie today but I thought I would wait until the weekend for reprieve from my hot apartment... They are prediciting temps in the upper 90s by the end of hte week. Hoo and RAy!!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2006, 06:51:34 PM »

However I was on a mission today... I was very surprised not to find what I was looking for.. Barnes and Noble, Walmart [Wallyworld] nor Target [Le Target] had the movie Soapdish. All three had a number of other movies and series but not Soapdish with Sally Field and Kevin Kline.

I may have ot break down and by it off of ebay or Amazon.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2006, 07:55:53 PM »

Huh?  Excuse me?  7:49 and I'm the only one in the jernt.  Skammen.  And less than 100 posts - well, I guess we've made this 4th of July the worst-attended haineshisway.com partay ever - not only that, I really see no way we'll not achieve a new all-time low with only four hours to go and no one here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2006, 08:03:36 PM »

The partay was very nice, as always.  Spent a lot of time talking to Mr. Jack Larson aka Jimmy Olsen.  Marsha Hunt was there, as was Miss Samantha Eggar, Mr. Norman Lloyd, Mr. Curtis Harrington, etc.  I ended up at a table with a lot of LA natives and boy did we have a blast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

I see MBarnum.  Perhaps he'll make fifty posts and save us.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2006, 08:04:20 PM »

The errant and truant will have hell toupee, that's all I can say.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »

C'mon, MBarnum, make some Bollywood posts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2006, 08:05:04 PM »

I am my own Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2006, 08:07:07 PM »

Me here....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »

Boy, MBarnum shows up, partakes of posts, but leaves without posting.  I do believe that is cause for a major bitch-slapping, don't you?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2006, 08:18:39 PM »

I was working on some writing today.. Had a good afternoon and met an acquaintance for supper.

I had been working on one novel i have been toying with for a bit but another idea taht I had started bugging me and I had to run with it...

I got several pages written on that idea and I like this one... Now I need to do some research on the topic that has been pestering me all day :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:20:44 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »

I like the lead character.... A very smart person....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2006, 08:19:37 PM »

He is sneaky and very cute

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2006, 08:21:33 PM »

I filled the evening with three programs. I started off with MURDER IN MESOPOTAMIA, a Hercule Poirot mystery which I had seen long ago but had very little memory of. The transfer looked simply wonderful (hadn't seen it on the larger TV), and I thoroughly enjoyed it even though as it got closer to the revelation of the murderer, it all came back to me, and I remembered who the murderer was. Still, loads of fun.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2006, 08:21:37 PM »

I watched Bollywood Hollywood earlier today.. It is a fun movie and it was very interesting to see one guy dancing in a sari

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2006, 08:22:39 PM »

How much success has anyone had with ordering things through Amazon?

Or would I be better of bidding on it on Ebay?

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

Next, I rewatched last night's episode of THE CLOSER. It made me laugh out loud several times last night, and it happened again tonight. Just a masterful combination of sly wit and sinister murder.

I'll probably take out the DVD set and rewatch a couple of those episodes tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »

I do like the DIVA in my story and I think I have written to her a "T".... She is not a very nice person...

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

How much success has anyone had with ordering things through Amazon?

Or would I be better of bidding on it on Ebay?

I assume you mean Amazon Marketplace, and I've had great success and really good deals from them. Plus, on Amazon Marketplace, they set $2.49 as the standard shipping for a single disc. On Ebay, those people can list any shipping they want, so you have to be careful.

I have SOAPDISH and though I haven't watched it in awhile, I do find it amusing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »

MattH, I have never seen closer....

Question: anyone know of the quality of the transfer of Breakfast at Tiffanys?

Has Roman Holiday ever been released on DVD?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2006, 08:28:30 PM »

I assume you mean Amazon Marketplace, and I've had great success and really good deals from them. Plus, on Amazon Marketplace, they set $2.49 as the standard shipping for a single disc. On Ebay, those people can list any shipping they want, so you have to be careful.

I have SOAPDISH and though I haven't watched it in awhile, I do find it amusing.

Soapdish for some odd reason works into my story and I really need to see and study it....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »

I also went to Best Buy and they did not even have it

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2006, 08:29:06 PM »

I ended the evening with THE KING & I. This is the first unenhanced DVD of the film, but I'll be darned if it didn't look wonderful. With the larger TV and my upconverting DVD player, the image was joyously colorful with just the least little bit of twitter maybe three times in the whole film.

I can only imagine how breathtaking the new anamorphic release of this is going to be this fall.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »

Yul Brynner version??

I have seen both the musical and the movie... I love it

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2006, 08:31:40 PM »

MattH, I have never seen closer....

Question: anyone know of the quality of the transfer of Breakfast at Tiffanys?

Has Roman Holiday ever been released on DVD?

RE THE CLOSER, I don't think you get TNT so the only way you can see it is on the DVD set of Season 1. Highly recommended by quite a few folks here.

2. TIFFANY'S has a much cleaner new transfer than the last one. BK didn't think they got the flesh tones right. Overall, it's just fine.

3. Yes, I have ROMAN HOLIDAY on DVD. I assume it's still available.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2006, 08:32:53 PM »

I saw Roman holiday with Audrey Hepburn years ago but never taped it and now I am kicking myself. I really like and I have enjoyed her work.

My favorites are Roman HOliday and Breakfast at Tiffanys. Miss Hepburn was a classic beauty.

I also liked Grace Kelly in Rear Window

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2006, 08:34:13 PM »

Yul Brynner version??

I have seen both the musical and the movie... I love it

Yes. The movie moves me to tears every time.

I was looking for a movie celebrating Americana. Of course, the subject matter isn't American, but you can't get much more American than Rodgers and Hammerstein, so that's what I went with to celebrate the 4th.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up