Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: EARMARKING RESTAURANTS  (Read 48936 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »

Upon my return from the hospital, where my aunt is resting comfortably after her procedure, I found in today's mail from Netflix:

[size=8]Sacco & Vanzetti[/size]

This evening we will have a special edition family pizza/movie night (it's usually on Fridays).
Yippee! And a nice time to enjoy an Italian pizza!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »

The go between who delivered that message? LbJ aide Bill Moyers. One more reason to skip PBS and stick to FRAZIER re-runs.

Are you advocating to kill the messenger?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing by rewatching last night's episode of THE CLOSER. It was so much fun watching Brenda run rings around Homeland Security that I just had to see it again.

And thanks for the little spoiler about the coroner, DR Edi. Will we be seeing him flirt any more?

Yes, in the next episode, I believe, and a bit more obvious aobut it, too!

singdaw

« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2007, 04:14:08 PM »

Time enough to learn the "Waters Of March"

ACK!   :P

singdaw

« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »

Most lovely lunar photos, DR George!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »

DR Matthew:  Glad you found your ghee-tar.  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »

Most lovely lunar photos, DR George!  :)

Thanks.  I can't wait to see what "real" pictures might be posted on the Astronomy Picture of the Day website. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

The girl who is moving into our house has decided to move things in early so she can go on vacation over the holiday weekend. She said that her stuff would only take up half the room we cleared out for her. Now it's turning into a different story and her stuff is all over the house---food in the cabinets, etc. so it's going to be harder to clean around her stuff when we move on the 8th. Plus she has cats that go outdoors, which equals fleas, which have never been a problem with our indoor cats. One is very allergic to fleas and gets all scabby just from one flea. I'm thinking about bombing the room that has most of the stuff she left...just in case. Hmmmm...

And we loaned her our inflatable bed, since her bed is now at our house. Oy...please don't let fleas enter our life!! I hate them worse than mosquitoes!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #338 on: August 28, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »

RLP:  I think I must have forgotten you were in Oakland.  We spent one night there at the semi-lovely Jack London Inn whilst waiting to take the tour to Alcatraz during our recent vacation.  I must say we had one of our few really bad Twilight Zone moments trying to get out of Oakland--we kept asking people for directions to the Bay Bridge and everyone was absolutely clueless.  We drove around downtown for probably 20 minutes (even asked a meter maid, who just shrugged, we couldn't believe it) until I finally found a policeman who was able to direct us correctly.  It was not one of my calmer driving moments.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:27:07 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #339 on: August 28, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

And of course, then there's the possibility that this stuff with all the cat smells associated with it, will either stress out our cats even more than they are now, or they will spray. Ack!

Edisaurus

« Reply #340 on: August 28, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »

I'm going to go home and assess the situation. Pray for Rosemary's Baby!

JMK

« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2007, 04:31:25 PM »

Be nice regarding Aguas de Março or else I’ll make you sing it without the lyric in front of you.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »

RLP:  I think I must have forgotten you were in Oakland.  We spent one night there at the semi-lovely Jack London Inn whilst waiting to take the tour to Alcatraz during our recent vacation.  I must say we had one of our few really bad Twilight Zone moments trying to get out of Oakland--we kept asking people for directions to the Bay Bridge and everyone was absolutely clueless.  We drove around downtown for probably 20 minutes (even asked a meter maid, who just shrugged, we couldn't believe it) until I finally found a policeman who was able to direct us correctly.  It was not one of my calmer driving moments.   ;D

As you may have heard (and I paraphrase):  There's no "here" here.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »

UGH!

No-flea vibes for DR Edisaurus!  When we were between houses we put a lot of extra furniture in a storage unit, including the pieces that furnished our family room when we moved in here.  We didn't know the cushions had picked up fleas until our little Robbie (he hates when I call him that) woke from napping on the couch.  He was all broken out and our doctor diagnosed  :P fleas.  We were mortified and had to bomb the room.  We got rid of that furniture just as soon as we could afford new.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

Bonnie Bowden of Brasil '77 probably wished the lyric had been in front of her the night she went completely up on that tune on The Tonight Show.  One of my most treasured memories of Sergio, albeit probably  not a happy one for him.

Tomovoz

« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

I only have 3 versions of Waters Of March - Art Garfunkel, Nancy LaMott and David Campbell.   I like them all very much indeed. Art's was the first version I ever heard.

I don't know how anyone remembers those lyrics.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »

Jews have been asking this same question for millenia.   ;D

ROTFLOL!

JMK

« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »

It's one of the few tunes Sergio has recorded more than once.  His was the first American version, on the 1974 Bell release "Vintage '74," with an incredible, over-the-top Dave Grusin orchestration and vocals by Bonnie Bowden and Mrs. Mendes, Gracinha Leporace.  Sergio recorded it a few years later on the massively budgeted Elektra release "Brasil '88", with a more subdued Grusin orchestration and great vocals by Carol Rogers and Marietta Waters (of Berlin fame).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:42:40 PM by JMK »

Jane

« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »

In any case, I want to get out of the apartment for a bit and walk around.  I think that will help ease this damn mosquito bite.  I was Googling earlier to see if there was anything I should be concerned about, and I came across some other instances where someone got bit right where I did - just above the back of the knee - and, apparently, since that's a "low" blood flow area, sometimes mosquito bites to that area can take a while to dissipate.  Consequently, they have a tendency to welt up a little more than normal.  Again, it doesn't itch, it's just a matter of me always feeling it there.  However, if it's still a bit welty tomorrow, I'm probably head to the doctor just to be safe.

Have you tried spraying it with extra strength Benadryl or using a cortisone ointment?  I had a nasty bite I sprayed the heck out of and now it is much better.  Mine did itch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

Everyone, please send the Gilfrys vibes for a successful apartment search!

Thanks.

I've been watching a rerun of the final fashion shows for Season One of PROJECT RUNWAY.  Why do they all choose such godawful music?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »

As you may have heard (and I paraphrase):  There's no "here" here.

LOL--by about the 3rd or 4th clueless twit we asked, I was mildly irate, to say the least.  Plus there was a ton of construction downtown with closed streets everywhere which made it all the more confounding.  To top it off, the cop told us to get over to Castro Street and we were almost there, and there had just been a bad bus/car accident so they were closing off that block and we had to figure out another way to get over.  It was like a nightmare there for about 45 minutes.  Luckily we left waaaay early that morning, but we ended up getting into SF basically just in time to catch the ferry to Alcatraz, which was a highlight of our trip.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2007, 04:42:13 PM »

Would someone pls explain Kol Nidre?

Silly me. I thought perhaps Kol Nidre was a pop star of some kind. As in: "Would someone please explain Paris Hilton?"
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JMK

« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »

Tomovoz--you might want to check out Lani Hall's version of Aguas--on her Windham Hill release, Brasil Nativo.  Completely reharmonized and quite slow, it's interesting.  Not my favorite version (or favorite Lani), but worth a listen for something different.

JMK

« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »

Silly me. I thought perhaps Kol Nidre was a pop star of some kind. As in: "Would someone please explain Paris Hilton?"

Paris Hilton is a breeze to explain compared to Kol Nidre.   ;)

Jane

« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »

Last night the TNT show SAVING GRACE premiered in Canada.

The JOAN OF ARCADIA part was quite interesting.  

And i really like the woman medical examiner who plays her best friend.

So is the pilot any indication of how the other episodes are?

Do you mean Earl the angel?
Laura San Giacomo, the medical examiner, is the only one I liked in the show.

I think we watched 2 ½ episodes & regret those.  Maybe if we had stuck with the show longer we would have enjoyed it more.  It sounds as if you like it better than we did.

Jane

« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »

UPDATE:  Found the guitar buried in my garage.  Moving on...

Good news! Enjoy your classes :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

LOL--by about the 3rd or 4th clueless twit we asked, I was mildly irate, to say the least.  Plus there was a ton of construction downtown with closed streets everywhere which made it all the more confounding.  To top it off, the cop told us to get over to Castro Street and we were almost there, and there had just been a bad bus/car accident so they were closing off that block and we had to figure out another way to get over.  It was like a nightmare there for about 45 minutes.  Luckily we left waaaay early that morning, but we ended up getting into SF basically just in time to catch the ferry to Alcatraz, which was a highlight of our trip.

This was YEARS ago, yes?  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »

Everyone, please send the Gilfrys vibes for a successful apartment search!

Thanks.

I've been watching a rerun of the final fashion shows for Season One of PROJECT RUNWAY.  Why do they all choose such godawful music?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
  ~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES for RODNEY GILFRY and family~~~~~~~~~~~ [/move]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:54:46 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »

Yes, in the next episode, I believe, and a bit more obvious about it, too!

If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have thought he was flirting.  

Jane

« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »

Closer question.  

What happened to the house Brenda signed the papers on, or am I remembering wrong & that to sell the current one?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up