Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SUCCINCT AND BRIEF  (Read 19370 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SUCCINCT AND BRIEF
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2005, 02:58:54 PM »

But dRTOMovOZ - then we would never have had the JOSEPH MEGAMIX!!
My point exactly.
The only pop star in that professional show was Gordon Waller. (Peter & Gordon).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2005, 03:05:33 PM »

IMHO "Bigger is Better" ruined "Grease" as well. The innocence and nostalgia was destroyed by the movie and now the stage show is a concert of has been pop stars.  I saw "JC Superstar" in London in 1973 - I've never liked the show and could not see what the "fuss" what about then. "Godspell" was for me, far better.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2005, 03:16:45 PM »

Hello Ben.. a Noel Coward fan has arrived. Don't be a Cowardy Custard - post lots.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2005, 03:20:12 PM »

I know what you mean about tired, DR Jose. Around 3:30 this afternoon, after mowing the grass, eating dinner, and watching two films, my head starting bobbing. I lay down on the sofa and was out for an hour.

I contemplated taking a nap, but I had the feeling that if I did, I'd probably not get up in time for the 8:00 show...  Better safe than sorry.

-Can you say, "Coffee!"

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2005, 03:24:18 PM »

I’m sure the boy was obnoxious and rude to the teacher, however, as soon as he told her it was his mother she should have dropped the subject.  I can imagine how emotional and difficult it is for the boy to know his mother could be killed and this might be his last chance to talk to her.  After the phone call the teacher could have talked to the boy about his behavior and offered sympathy for his situation.

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »

Glad to be home from Columbus, OH, in time to say:

Happy, happy birthday, DR Danise!

Now I'm going to eat pizza and watch The Producers movie with my DH Richard.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2005, 03:33:07 PM »

Jose I like your “small world” story.

I feel so much better now I have showered and washed my hair.  The flowers from Bryan arrived and are beautiful.  

Best news of the day-Bogie ate something!  Not much but something.  He has been very sick and it has been a scary week for us.  Danise your birthday must be good luck. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2005, 03:36:32 PM »

Good Bogie news DR Jane. Hope it continues.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2005, 03:38:58 PM »

Thanks Tom.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2005, 03:51:26 PM »

OK... Time to head back in for the show...

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »

Btw, BK - The new clothes look great.  And you look great in them.
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »

Hi folks!

I spent a very lazy birthday.  I slept most of the afternoon away.  Just felt tired, went in, laid down and ZZZZZZZZZ.  Bear and Brandi both slept with me.  

When I got up, I went and got Bar B Q.  It was very good but I made the mistake of ordering two meals.  Way to much food for Mom and I.  

Someone had told me about a new place that was very close to home so I went there.  Very good stuff!  Yum! :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2005, 03:55:05 PM »

DR Danise, I meant to say how lovely your flowers are.

And DR Jane, that was so nice of you to send them!  For people who don't get flowers often they can be a wonderful treat.  I remember for a birthday a few years ago a friend unexpectedly did the same thing (for my birthday).  And it meant so much and was a really wonderful surprise.  So yeah to DR Jane.  I think you helped bring a smile to DR Danise's face.  And that is wonderful.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2005, 03:58:45 PM »

DR Jane, sorry to hear Bogie was feeling sick.  Good pet vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2005, 04:04:59 PM »

Jose I like your “small world” story.

I feel so much better now I have showered and washed my hair.  The flowers from Bryan arrived and are beautiful.  

Best news of the day-Bogie ate something!  Not much but something.  He has been very sick and it has been a scary week for us.  Danise your birthday must be good luck. :D

Great news about Bogie, Jane.

I had quite a scare with my Angel this spring.  She suddenly stopped eating, she lost a lot of weight, she became very listless, and her coat started to look matted and unkept.  She is twelve years old, so I was afraid that I was going to lose her soon.  Then suddenly, after about four weeks, she started eating again, she regained all of her old energy, and she gained a lot of her weight back.  Now, it is as if she has a new lease on life.  I am so very grateful that God gave me some more time with her.  

« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 04:06:57 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2005, 04:05:03 PM »

Thank you all once again for the wonderful Birthday wishes.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2005, 04:19:25 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR DANISE  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2005, 04:45:40 PM »

Back from the Pogue Party, which was, as always, splendidly splendid, and which is still going strong.  The food was yummilicious and the folks were interesting and fine.  I didn't win the derby pool this year (I did last year), but I didn't look at enough info - had I, I would have bet the winner, Giacomo, because that, of course, is the name of the Jester that Danny Kaye impersonates in The Court Jester, my favorite childhood film, and the horse's number (which I hadn't known when I placed bets) was 10, my lucky number.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2005, 04:49:11 PM »

On my pre partay travels, I got some really interesting and quite rare LPs, none of which are on CD, and all of which I will transfer.  The rarest was a promo LP never released - the soundtrack to the 1964 TV version of Once Upon a Mattress.  I have never seen this LP before, and I'm thrilled to now own it.  Two other interesting LPs, both on United Artists and both of which I'd also never seen - Jerry Herman and the Orchestra play Broadway hits (and not all his own), and Jule Styne and the Orchestra play Jule Styne.   Also got the London cast LP of Camelot, starring Laurence Harvey, which I believe has never been issued on CD.

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2005, 05:20:58 PM »

bk, thanks for your fashion plate photo.  Very snazzy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2005, 05:36:43 PM »

I didn't overeat at the partay, so that part is good.  I sampled the ham, one small chicken drumette, some slaw, a biscuit, and lots of sweet gherkins - and a few cashew nuts.  If I'm hungry later, I'll still be able to nosh on a little something or other.

Juliana and I won't be able to play our little "making people uncomfortable" game tonight, for her mother will be joining us, and mum has no sense of humor about such things.  A shame, as Jules and I love the looks we get.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2005, 06:05:02 PM »

Soy sauce!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2005, 06:30:20 PM »

I shall now be on my way to see Thoroughly Modern Millie.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning.  Too few postings, if you ask me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2005, 06:58:47 PM »

Der Brucer and I are back from dinner/Cabaret Fest Day Two.  The singer was very pleasant, although she was using a kareoke-ish system, where all she had to do was add her voice.  Nice work if you can get it.

We dined and listened at Abstractions, a sushi bar at the western end of downtown Rehoboth.  For someone who "doesn't like rice", der B is really taking to sushi.  He particularly likes what they do with eel, and Abstractions has a soft-shell crab maki that is really good.  He also tried some sea urchin...I kind of dared him to...and found it "squishy."  I, on the other hand, had some octopus.  I didn't mind it, but I don't need to try it again.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

François de Paris

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2005, 07:57:12 PM »

Cheers and good wishes across the Ocean to our thoroughly modern Danise on her Bday!
Not... on her bidet :o :o, 'cause that'd be too French of me! ;D

Joyeux Anniversaire, Danise!

Did your pets remember the day?

François de Paris

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2005, 08:04:36 PM »

Can Bear do this at home?

http://www.hartill.net/Max/Images/pup_09.jpg

-- NO comment! -- ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2005, 08:05:58 PM »

The London CAMELOT is good since it has "The Jousts" on it, but none of the stars can hold a candle to the Broadway players. I have it on LP, too.

I would have thought some folks here might have had bootleg video copies of that 1964 ONCE UPON  A MATTRESS.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2005, 08:07:54 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2005, 08:08:03 PM »

Who else has the SPAMALOT cast recording yet? I don't, but one of the guys whom I'm going to NYC with got it today.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2005, 08:10:19 PM »

Glenn Erickson was very preturbed about Disney's full frame release of IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS. He says that Disney filmed all of those films at 1.66:1 for later TV use. I suspected as much.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up