Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A LITTLE BEHIND  (Read 25248 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:A LITTLE BEHIND
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2006, 11:17:31 AM »

I used www.1040.now which allowed me to file for free both STATE and FEDERAL....linked from the IRS site.

I agree that it is terrible that they no longer have telefile.  Of course the excuse they used was that it was expensive to have all of those returns processed.  So NOW they have to pay people to work on PAPER copies...because many people WILL (including me) use a service that I do NOT have to pay for.

Like DRFJL and DR GEORGE...I will NOT pay to file my taxes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »

I guess MR BK ran out to mail my envelope!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2006, 11:25:53 AM »

In the quest for downloadable rare soundtracks...

You can find Mancini's score to Blake Edwards' THE PARTY here, along  with a Si Zentner LP that features the theme from WARNING SHOT and a host of other Jerry Goldsmith film themes.

http://dennyesq.blogspot.com/

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »

I spent three hours uploading photos to PhotoBucket last night. I blame Jose. He suggested I use their site.

If you'd like to peruse any of my pictures, please visit http://photobucket.com/albums/f49/BroadwayBratt/. You'll find random pics of New York, my many visits to the Zoo and my trip to Washington DC.

Enjoy!

Thank you!! I especially like the animal pictures.  I had to do a fast perusal since I aqm at work but I shall take the time to look at them more carefully later. You have an excellent eye. perhaps a sideline in photograph sales is in order!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2006, 11:32:37 AM »

Theatres in Coon Rapids, Minnesota were not of the grand variety. There were a couple of nice old theatres in Minneapolis but by the time I was going there to see movies most of the nice stuff had been covered up. After I left Minnesota two of the remaining old movie theatres were turned into "performing arts spaces" housing road shows and concerts. Some restoration was done and they are nicer now than they were when I was living in Minnesota.

BEn, are familiar with the STate Theatre in St. Paul?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2006, 11:38:14 AM »

I needs must buy a new laser printer. My current printer (an NEC SuperScript 860) is almost 10 years old and they no longer make toner cartridges for it. I found some discontinued toners on line but they run around $155. For another $100 I can buy a decent new laser printer.

Laura, remind me, please. Which brand of printer was causing you distress? I want to avoid that one when doing my research.

Sorry if she already answered this but I just started reading the posts...

I believe it was a Ricoh... Where I work has issues with them also.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2006, 11:40:12 AM »

Yes DR DAKOTA CELT it was the dreaded Ricoh!  I forgot to answer as well!

AVOID RICOH...the actual XEROX was troublesome as well.

I have had good success with HP printers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2006, 11:40:39 AM »

The Canon printers use A LOT of cartridges!!

Ben

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »

DakotaCelt, I know of the State Theatre in Minneapolis but I don't remember a State in Saint Paul. Here is a link to an old picture of the State in Minneapolis (before my time  ;)

State Theatre in Minneapolis

The old World Theatre in Saint Paul, which is not listed in Cinema Treasures, is now called The Fitzgerald (after F. Scott who lived in Saint Paul for a while) and it's the home of

Prairie Home Companion
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:43:00 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »

Thanks, DK for the Ricoh reminder.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53:16 AM »

We dont have the palaces like Chicago, Los Angeles or New York but we do have a couple of small ones in North Dakota...

We have the Fargo Theatre and it is one of a handful of theatres in the us that still has a working Wurlitzer Organs. It is a blast to go to the silents from time to time there. They show a lot of indies and art films. They reopened the theatre in the late 1990s after it was restored to its original grandeur. The movie since it reopened that had the longest run is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

They have been running the Fargo film festival for about 6 years. This year is the 10th Anniversary of the Showing of Fargo and they are going to screen it on the Radisson hotel. That should be a riot. They also have a 7 ft tall statue of Marge Gunderson outside of the theatre.

http://www.fargotheatre.org/index.html

Fargo Film Festival
http://www.fargofilmfestival.com/

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »

DakotaCelt, I know of the State Theatre in Minneapolis but I don't remember a State in Saint Paul. Here is a link to an old picture of the State in Minneapolis (before my time  ;)

State Theatre in Minneapolis

The old World Theatre in Saint Paul, which is not listed in Cinema Treasures, is now called The Fitzgerald (after F. Scott who lived in Saint Paul for a while) and it's the home of

Prairie Home Companion

They have restored the state... Gorgeous!! I saw the Chieftains perform there in 1997 when I had to evacaute from eastern ND due to flooding.  The Fitzgerald is gorgeous also.

I love Prairie Home Companion. Keillor is making a return trip to North Dakota and I am hoping to get tickets for the performance in Grand Forks at the Chester Fritz.

FJL

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

I miss the Astor Plaza movie theater on 44th and 7th, which I believe has now become the Nokia.  That was never a palace, but it was a lovely place to see a movie.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2006, 12:03:38 PM »

Cinema Treasures is a lovely site....

I like that site also. They even have the Fargo Theatre listed. That is a site. Small but gorgeous and they occaisionally show movies that MBarnum enjoy. I just discovered that the Indian student association for Minnesota State Univ-Moorhead, NDSU and Concordia rent it once a month to show Bollywood movies!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »

Elmore we should have watched BLEAKHOUSE instead of LADIES IN LAVENDER.

CP is that a view of your house or from it?  The photo is beautiful either way.

Ginny I have been to the beautiful Michigan Theater.

MBarnum I have only been to concerts and plays at the Craterian as it had been converted into the Ginger Rodgers Theater prior to our move here.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »

Thanks, DRJASON...I love photobucket!  I use it for all of our Putnam County Playhouse photos!

Yes, DRRODZINSKI, my 8-track is gone as well.

I depends on photobucket... I have had some issues with it and I do have four accounts to I can spread out the pics due to bandwidth issues. Make sure they are not too big.  There are a couple of more I am playing with to see if I will use them or not.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »

I love Prairie Home Companion. Keillor is making a return trip to North Dakota and I am hoping to get tickets for the performance in Grand Forks at the Chester Fritz.

If you do, don't forget to fill in a index card for Garrison to read "Hi to all the Hainsies and Kimlets from DakotaCelt!"

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »

If you do, don't forget to fill in a index card for Garrison to read "Hi to all the Hainsies and Kimlets from DakotaCelt!"

I plan on it!!! WEather permitting... I also have to say hello to some JnJers also!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT - if you pay $25 per year  you get UNLIMITED bandwidth...and you might also check out RanchoWeb which charges a bit but it's easy to use!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »

Yes. lovely photo from DR CP....we also got the disappearing snow....my favorite kind!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

I plan on it!!! WEather permitting... I also have to say hello to some JnJers also!!

I actually am acquianted with one of the actresses taht sometimes works on PHC.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2006, 12:15:38 PM »

Work equals boredom.

That is all.

Isn't that the new Nike slogan?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2006, 12:16:23 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT - if you pay $25 per year  you get UNLIMITED bandwidth...and you might also check out RanchoWeb which charges a bit but it's easy to use!

I will have to check it out... I put my pics up for genealogy, just for fun and sharing pics and my fanart banners I do for me an others on a couple of soap boards.

If you are interested in seeing one, I can post a couple if it is okay with bk?

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »

Truly a movie Palace. It opened in the 1920.s
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »

The inner lobby
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2006, 12:20:01 PM »

Inner detail
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2006, 12:21:03 PM »

Atragon, take me away...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2006, 12:25:55 PM »

Chita's show is closing on Sunday

Miss Chita
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:26:18 PM by Ben »

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2006, 12:28:13 PM »

The cinema was darkened for over 20 years and reopened  in 1996.  It would have been destroyed had it not been for a total ban by Union workers in this state.

My earliest memory of seeing a movie there was "The King & I". A perfect setting.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2006, 12:31:32 PM »

That is one beautiful theater, DR Tomovoz!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up