Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: INSTALLING THE NIPPLE  (Read 12415 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:INSTALLING THE NIPPLE
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2004, 08:24:42 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]@&$%* PAGE FIVE DANCE *%$&@[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2004, 08:29:05 PM »

Watched more Season 3 WILL & GRACE this evening and got to the three episode arc that featured the best guy they've ever paired Will with: Patrick Dempsey. Physically and temperamentally, the two actors were quite wonderful together. Unfortunately, because his character had just gotten a sports announcer job, he felt it necessary to be in the closet and Will couldn't accept dating him on the sly and pretending to be his brother when with his work friends.

I have to say that Vince, the character Will is now involved with (and played by the very talented Bobby Cannavale), is the most appealing boy friend they've found for Will since Patrick Dempsey's Matt character.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2004, 08:39:52 PM »

I'm halfway through the second disc of ANGEL: SEASON FOUR.
Wow! Charisma Carpenter turned into a real actress once she got onto this show!  "Slouching towards Bethlehem" has one of the finest television performances I've seen. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2004, 08:46:03 PM »

Watched more Season 3 WILL & GRACE this evening and got to the three episode arc that featured the best guy they've ever paired Will with: Patrick Dempsey. Physically and temperamentally, the two actors were quite wonderful together. Unfortunately, because his character had just gotten a sports announcer job, he felt it necessary to be in the closet and Will couldn't accept dating him on the sly and pretending to be his brother when with his work friends.

I have to say that Vince, the character Will is now involved with (and played by the very talented Bobby Cannavale), is the most appealing boy friend they've found for Will since Patrick Dempsey's Matt character.

I haven't watched “Will & Grace” regularly for a couple of years.  I think that it might be that (to me) they descended into the "totally ridiculous situations and characterizations" phase of the series and have no where to go but down.  Granted, they’ve always been “characters” and not very realistically portrayed even from the beginning, but they’ve gone to such extremes that it sort of turns me off (from what little I’ve seen over the last couple of years).  It seems to me that this happens to most sitcoms eventually, some sooner than others.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2004, 08:57:22 PM »

I'm back.  Rehearsal went reasonably well - the number is blocked and we'll see if the young man can get it down in time for Thursday.  He'd promised he would be singing the correct notes this evening, and, of course, he didn't (it's really one note which reoccurs in every verse and he will never be performing this song in the show until he learns it).  Tammy had learned something wrong in her song, and I had to be equally as strong with her, but she did what she needed to do and got it down.  I don't get it, really.  Learning it wrong or just singing it wrong, I don't really like to tell people something fifty times before they finally get it right.  If this were a Broadway show and a performer consistently sang the wrong note after being told time and again what it is (not to mention having it on tape), they'd be fired in an instant.  

Shaye: re "BJ"  I know it was a typo - I was JOKING.

Now I must eat something before I pass out.

td

• td
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2004, 08:59:09 PM »

It's gonna be tough being a late night denizen with the world traveling tomovoz off gallivantin' around!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2004, 09:16:44 PM »

I bought a new kind of harness contraption for the hound and I can't figure out how to put it on. It's very frustrating. I'm usually pretty good with things like this. The instructions are useless.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2004, 09:57:46 PM »

Argh!!! Homework!!!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2004, 10:46:08 PM »

When did everything grind to a screeching halt?  When did everything screech to a grinding halt?  How unseemly.

Panni

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2004, 10:46:17 PM »

Shall I ask the tarnation question?

Panni

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2004, 10:46:37 PM »

Is there anyone out there to answer it?

Panni

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2004, 10:47:40 PM »

I think bk and I were posting the same question at the same time. Strange but true.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2004, 10:58:51 PM »

I'm here. None of these questions seem to have answers. I think my teacher made them all up just to drive me CRAZY.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2004, 11:24:51 PM »

Yes, teachers sometimes do that. Or sometimes they're aliens (a FACULTY reference).

Panni

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2004, 11:25:22 PM »

Just a few more...

Panni

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2004, 11:25:38 PM »

To avoid...

Panni

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2004, 11:25:51 PM »

The dreaded....

Panni

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2004, 11:26:18 PM »

ATL...
Wheww!

Panni

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2004, 11:28:42 PM »

The world is once more safe and secure.
Tomovoz will be MISSED for many many reasons. But most especially at night - because he is Emperor of the Late Night Denizens.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2004, 11:30:06 PM »

Jose! What adventures have you had?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2004, 11:34:16 PM »

Or sometimes they're aliens (a FACULTY reference).

That would explain so much.

All my questions are now matched up with answers, but I'd be surprised if they were right.

That's good enough for me. Good night!

Panni

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2004, 11:35:23 PM »

While Jose is writing up his adventures (I hope) - I have to report that I've been snacking on popcorn. And this particular batch turned out just perfectly. Popcorn, I find, is very tempermental. If all the elements aren't right, it's too dry or too boring or not done quite right. But this batch, for some mysterious reason, was wonderful. End of popcorn report.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »

Good Evening!

I would have posted sooner, but I'm currently in a C.C. Brown's Buster Brown Sundae coma...

:-X
 ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2004, 11:40:06 PM »

While Jose is writing up his adventures (I hope) - I have to report that I've been snacking on popcorn. And this particular batch turned out just perfectly. Popcorn, I find, is very tempermental. If all the elements aren't right, it's too dry or too boring or not done quite right. But this batch, for some mysterious reason, was wonderful. End of popcorn report.

Stove top?  Air pop?  or Microwave?

Butter?  Salt?  Pepper?  Other seasonings?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2004, 11:50:40 PM »

As for my adventures today, not much to report.  But I did have some rather nice culinary diversions today... ;)

As I eluded to earlier, I found the aforementioned C.C. Brown's in the new Schwab's complex at Sunset+Vine.  The "+" is how the complex is named.  Someone bought the Schwab's name, and there's a shopping arcade that's part of the complex.  There's also a Schwab's restaurant.  Plus, some pretty high end apartment units.  In any case...

Since BK had mentioned it before, I decided to check it out on my way to rehearsal.  Once I got to Sunset+Vine, I didn't see any new sign for C.C. Brown's anywhere on the outside in the courtyard earlier.  Well... I decided to head inside, and, lo and behold, there was an ice cream freezer case and small counter right by the entrance to the shopping area.  I looked at the menu, made some mental notes, then continued onto rehearsal...

I almost had a dinner consisting of a C.C. Brown's Sundae, but I opted instead to head downt he street to Super Tortas to get, what else? - a torta, Mexican sandwich.  This was my first time here.  I had seen some write ups for the place here and there, and decided to give it a try today.  In short, Good!  I opted for the machaca (shredded beef) and egg sandwich.  A very good bolillo (bun), very good beef and egg, a light schmear of refried beans and some not too hot hot sauce.  And a very good deal for about five dollars and some change - it's a nice-sized torta.

After finishing up my sandwich, I continued on to rehearsal... which BK already spoke about...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2004, 11:58:04 PM »

Stove top?  Air pop?  or Microwave?

Butter?  Salt?  Pepper?  Other seasonings?

Plain old microwave Healthy Choice Natural popcorn (I abhor the fake butter flavor).
Just salt. And lots of it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2004, 11:58:28 PM »

Well.. After rehearsal, I, if you haven't figured it out by now, stopped at C.C. Brown's to have some post-rehearsal dessert.

The ambience of the place is a little cold and industrial - high ceiling, polished cement floor, IKEA-like stools and tables, etc.  And the servers probably have no idea that Schwab's or C.C. Brown's had an existence before it's current incarnation... And the young man behind the counter had a black t-shirt - that said "fat free" - under his white, ice cream counter shirt.  But...

I opted for the Buster Brown - one scoop of vanilla, one scoop of chocolate, a banana, roasted almonds, whipped cream and a small pitcher of the famous hot fudge sauce.  -Sorry, BK, no little brown pitcher -just a small metal "creamer" pitcher.  In any case...

DEE-LISH!!!

-And they use the "famous McConnell's Super-Premium Ice Cream from Santa Barbara".  Very good and very rich.  Add the hot fudge on top of the two quite large scoops... Hmmm...  *I first thought the $6.65 price tag was a bit high for the Sundae, but after realizing that there was about a full cup of ice cream in the martini/sundae glass...  The price seemd right.

Well.. I better hit "Post" before I get shut out of today...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2004, 12:00:56 AM »

Yum!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2004, 12:05:21 AM »

More C.C. Brown's stuff... The menu listed about 20 "official" Sundaes available there, plus the option to make your own.  Some of the more "fruit-y" ones sound pretty interesting and I may give them a try before I head out town.

The ice cream counter sits adjacent to the Schwab's restaurant entrance, and I guess it serves as a "temptation" to those diners who passed on having dessert at the restaurant.  -I still have yet to check out the restaurant's menu.  They appear to be in the "soft opening" stage right now, and there were signs posted for "Sundays at Schwab's" coming up over the next few weeks.  Have brunch at Schwab's, get a discounts at the shops, activities for the kiddies, etc...  Guess I know what I'll be checking out on the way to the matinee this week. ;)

OH!  And unless I was just totally not looking in the right place, there is no signage for C.C. Brown's.  I only confirmed that the ice cream counter was C.C. Brown's after reading one of the many menus that are open on the counter and tables.  Hmm... ????
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up