Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 58  (Read 2728 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 58
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »

Do I tell our Lacey Chabert story in Album Produced By?  She was the original duet partner with Liz Callaway on Inchworm.  She was in Les Miz at the time singing Castle in the Clouds.  She came in, sang, and both Liz and I were just not happy with that kind of voice - we wanted something much more natural and real.  I can't remember the second person we had, but we didn't like her either, and I finally ended up with a non-pro here in LA recommended by Muse Margaret.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »

PAGE SIX ELIZABETH MOSS DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:37 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »

What is her real hair color, I wonder.  Very dark on Mad Men, very blonde at the Tonys and somewhere in between in the Excedrin image above.

George

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2015, 10:36:39 PM »

Do I tell our Lacey Chabert story in Album Produced By?  She was the original duet partner with Liz Callaway on Inchworm.  She was in Les Miz at the time singing Castle in the Clouds.  She came in, sang, and both Liz and I were just not happy with that kind of voice - we wanted something much more natural and real.  I can't remember the second person we had, but we didn't like her either, and I finally ended up with a non-pro here in LA recommended by Muse Margaret.

As they sing in Dreamgirls, "Show biz, it's just show biz."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2015, 10:38:47 PM »

What is her real hair color, I wonder.  Very dark on Mad Men, very blonde at the Tonys and somewhere in between in the Excedrin image above.

I always assume that it's never as dark as it's ever been, nor ever as light as it's ever been.  Usually it seems to be some dishwater brown color. 

George

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2015, 10:59:19 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day:  the first Sondheim project that I ever experienced, or remember experiencing, was my sister and I watching the movie version of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" when we were kids. 

George

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:44 PM »

Later, when I was in middle school, I was watching the Tony Awards (before I really realized exactly what it was all about) and someone sang a bit of "Some People" from Gypsy as part of a big medley:

"Get yourself some new orchestrations, new routines and red velvet curtains
Get a feathered hat for the baby, photographed in front of the theater
Get an agent and in jig time, you'll be being booked in the big time"

The lyrics and that rhythmic pattern were pretty cool to my fairly inexperienced ears. 

George

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »

Anyway, I did some searching at the local library and found out that it was from Gypsy, so I checked out a record (I think it was the Angela Lansbury recording).  I loved it.  I had started to get into musicals at this point, so I was checking out different recordings.

George

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »

One time, I had to write a report on geothermal energy and I wanted to listen to something as I copied wrote my report, so on a whim, I checked out Ain't Misbehavin' and Sweeney Todd, which also had Angela Lansbury.  Talk about two different kinds of shows, but I loved them both.

George

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »

I think the next Sondheim recording that I discovered was A Little Night Music, but even though I had loved all of these going back to me first hearing Gypsy, I didn't realize that Sondheim had also written the score to Forum that I used to watch when I was a kid.  It wasn't until I was in high school and really discovered musicals that I made the connection...and realized the difference between the movie score and the Broadway score. :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »

One time, I had to write a report on geothermal energy and I wanted to listen to something as I copied wrote my report, so on a whim, I checked out Ain't Misbehavin' and Sweeney Todd, which also had Angela Lansbury.  Talk about two different kinds of shows, but I loved them both.

Angela Lansbury was in Ain't Misbehavin'?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up