Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUNNIES AND EGGS  (Read 16752 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:BUNNIES AND EGGS
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2005, 09:25:01 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2005, 09:26:13 PM »

OK, I'm off to bed now. Hope everyone has pleasant evenings (and enjoy whichever MGM musicals you happen to watch/record).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2005, 09:26:38 PM »

Royal Wedding was on last Sunday!

Poor Peter and his messed up right hand.  His fingers are bent and he can't straighten them.  He usually holds something in his right hand or puts it in his pocket.

He is very handsome in EASTER PARADE and in LITTLE WOMEN and GOOD NEWS as well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2005, 09:28:26 PM »

Time for me to log off as well.  WATCH Bells Are Ringing, MB!  It's a lot of fun with Dean and Judy Holliday.  Jean Stapleton and Eddie Foy, Jr and Frank Gorshin are in it, too!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2005, 09:32:12 PM »

DRJRand54, I watched EASTER PARADE with you...but many miles apart! LOL!

You know I have never seen that movie all the way through...it was fun to see Joi Lansing pop up in a few scenes...and Sara Shane was in it too (actually she was in the same scenes as Joi Lansing...but hard to recognize with her brunette hair). Sara was known as Elaine Sterling at that time in her career.

And sorry, but Judy was a fool to fall for Fred over Peter Lawford! Yowsah!!!  :D

No, Mr. Barnum, you mean Fred was a fool to fall for Judy when he could have had Peter (Yikes, again with the Peter jokes)!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2005, 09:35:20 PM »

Re spaying/neutering pets: All the rescue groups we worked with s/n the animals before adoption. Unfortunately, people didn't make good on their promises, so they have to do it this way to be sure it's done.

Re Living Wills: I filled mine out yesterday and will have my signature witnessed tommorrow. Like anyone would fight to keep me alive!

DRs SWoody and DerBrucer: Congrats on getting Baxter adopted! Next up -- Peggy!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2005, 09:44:08 PM »

Re spaying/neutering pets: All the rescue groups we worked with s/n the animals before adoption. Unfortunately, people didn't make good on their promises, so they have to do it this way to be sure it's done.

Re Living Wills: I filled mine out yesterday and will have my signature witnessed tommorrow. Like anyone would fight to keep me alive!

I would, Laura, I think you are delightful!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2005, 10:17:11 PM »

My goodness, what a busy night we've had here at haineshisway.com.  LOVE that!

I'm back from a lovelier than lovely dinner - great food, I must say.

I'm sort of tired, but they're having quite a noisy partay next door (the next door nearest my bedroom environment), so I may not be able to sleep until later than I'm used to.

Perhaps some late night denizens will show up and we can laugh and laugh until we cannot laugh anymore and then we shall laugh again.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2005, 10:18:18 PM »

So, why do you get to be Rodzinski, and I don't?

I'm just better at it, I guess!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2005, 10:26:57 PM »

I should take this time to mention that my cat is named KILLBOT.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2005, 10:32:21 PM »

MBarnum-
THE CHOPPERS is definitely worth seeing. And you get to hear "Monkey in My Hatband" in context, which adds exactly zero to its coherence.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 10:33:10 PM by Rodzinski »

MBarnum

« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2005, 11:01:29 PM »

MBarnum-
THE CHOPPERS is definitely worth seeing. And you get to hear "Monkey in My Hatband" in context, which adds exactly zero to its coherence.

You know, if I ever get to meet Mr. Hall Jr. at one of those nostaligia shows I am going to have to ask him about that song!

MBarnum

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2005, 11:03:53 PM »

You know what...all I did today was watch movies! It was actually rather fun...oh, I guess I did go run some errands and I did take a long nap...but aside from that I watched movies...but now the sandman is creeping up on me and I, and Freddy the cat, must hit the hay.

Killbot!!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2005, 11:15:31 PM »

Good Morning!

WOW!  10 pages of posts!  I just finished reading Page 2...  I should make it to Page 10 before I fall asleep...

In short, what a wonderful day on many accounts and many levels!

What a wonderful time I've had in New York City the past three weeks.

An angel has truly been watching over me.  And it was another angel, Penny, who brought me here.  At this time.  For reasons known and unknown.  And exciting!

...I just put the DVD of Sunday In The Park With George in - Nick has the Sondheim Collection Boxed Set.  Who knows, I may end up staying up watching the whole show.  It's very appropriate for Easter Sunday.  And very appropriate for this visit since this was show that made me stick with this crazy Business.  Love and Art.  Art and Love.

Back to reading...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2005, 11:30:41 PM »

VERMILLION, baby, VERMILLION!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2005, 11:37:21 PM »

Posts read...

The dial-up internet seems VERY fast tonight.  Strangely fast...

-Of course, now that I've said that....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2005, 11:38:24 PM »

DR Jrand - One ticket.  Got it.  I'll be putting in the ticket request in person when I see the company manager on Tuesday.   So, if things happen to change again by then...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2005, 11:43:55 PM »

DR SWW - As for the buttcheeks...  You forgot the "blood orange foam, the dusting of fennel pollen and the gelee of Dom Perignon".

*If you really want a gastronomic splurge and experience, you should try Jose Andres' special "tasting" menu at his restaurant within a restaurant at Cafe Atlantico in DC.  -It's really more like a very roomy bar/counter.  There are something like 20-30 "courses".  A shot glass of this.  A spray of that - and sprayed from a mini-mister, like a breath-spray.  A "lick" of something else.  And he even makes things that look like those Listermint tabs - gelatin based - you pick it up off the plate, put it on your tongue.  And sometimes there are even courses that are fed to you!!  Fun, adventurous and tasty - most of the time.  And considering the "experience" of it, the price tag is actually not that bad.   -But if add the wine pairings...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 11:57:48 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2005, 11:47:38 PM »

DR Jane, MBarnum, Rodnzinski, Ben, et al - As for this walking tour being nosy...  Who's gonna have time to talk?  We'll be feasting of chocolates from Chocolate Bar, Vosques, Marie-Belle and Violet;  cupcakes and pastries from Cupcake Cafe, The Donut Plant, and Magnolia;  assorted baked goods from Gruenbaum's, H&H, Balthazar, FatWitch, Eleni's and Amy's Breads....

-And that's all before lunch!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2005, 11:50:32 PM »

Easter in eight count them eight minutes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2005, 11:56:12 PM »

Well.. As Mandy Patinkin starts "Finishing the Hat"...

When I went out to the house after today's matinee, I went out to greet my friend, Jennifer, who I knew had come to see the show.  But when I got out to the house, I noticed there was another person waiting for me.  Anthony!  "WOW!!!"  (Not DR Ben's ever-lovin' Ant.)

Anthony is an actor I met while he was working and living in Richmond for a while.  He made the big move up to NYC about six years ago.  He started off well, but things started to take a turn for the worse.  He wasn't getting cast.  His "day jobs" started falling through.  The last thing I had heard about him was that he was living out of his storage unit in Queens, and sleeping on the subway.  He was homeless for a while.

So, imagine my total surprise - and JOY when I saw him today!  Fortunately, his e-mail address hasn't changed after all these years!  I had sent out an e-mail early last week to my usual "list".  And Anthony was still on it, even though it had literally been years since I had heard anything from or about him.

He looked great.  Very healthy.  And it's obvious things are going well for him.  He couldn't stay long after the show since he had to run to work, but he made the time to come see the show today!  Originally, he was just going to leave a card for me with the House Manager, but, thankfully, I decided to change back into my street clothes AFTER going out to say HI to my friend, Jennifer.

-And the card he gave me was a graphic of a bunch of New York Taxi cabs all lined up in a row... :)

We will definitely catch up some more, a lot more, once I'm back up here.

As DR PennyO says time and again in her show...  And then, A Miracle!....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 11:57:07 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2005, 12:01:25 AM »

I've been burning CDs that have been on my computer, but I'd just never burned them to CD.  I was printing booklets and I ran out of black ink!  AARRGGHH!!  I hate it when that happens.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up