Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED  (Read 21865 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2009, 08:19:20 PM »

PAGE TEN HIGH LINE 'AMPHITHEATRE' DANCE!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »

Great photos Jose, thanks for sharing.

Vibes the Med student works out

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »

I was so pleased that I got 12 episodes of LOST watched today (8 this evening). Wall-to-wall LOST, and there are few things better than that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »

I certainly was wiping a tear away during the Boone farewell episodes. And the first part of the season finale was also very tear-inducing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  -And I just posted a couple others on my Facebook page.

*And I just got an inquiry from a grad student... from Hawaii... who used to be a competitive swimmer...  Hmmm.. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

I am very angry at the moment at PETSMART (I think that is a national chain).  They always brag about how much they care about pets and people and how they only do adoption of animals through the Humane Society.

This morning I was there getting Nicky his hairball medicine, and I decided to take a look at what cats they were boarding for the Humane Society.  I saw this one incredible little kitten (8 months old) a lynx point with a beautiful mask.  His name was Jedi.  As soon as I walked into the area he jumped down off of his bed and came to the front of the cage and started reachng through the bars to touch me.  We immediately bonded, and although he was a little younger than I wanted, I decided to take him.

I took the paperwork for the Humane Society, we put a hold on Jedi until tomorrow at noon.  I planned on going to the Humane Society at 9:00 when they opened, pay all the fees, then pick up Jedi and spend the rest of the day aclimating Jedi and Nicky.

PETSMART just called me and this snippy little bitch told me that there had been a mistake and that they already had a hold on Jedi, and that the people just came and got him.  She said the other hold slip was stuck between the two pieces of paper. I told her I taken all of the paperwork off of  the clipboard and read everything, and there was no other hold slip with his paperwork.  That is when the girl got snippy and said, "Well, I don't know what to tell you, but there was two holds on the cat and the other people already took him."  Good bye and thank you.

I feel like I lost Angel a second time.   :'(

I think you should have the bitch put to sleep. And while you're waiting for her ashes, you can pick out another adorable kitty.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2009, 08:56:56 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Apartment/roommate vibes for our DR Jose! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »

So I have one more episode of LOST to watch and then all of the bonus features.

MBarnum

« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »

Well, I must say I'm amused that "The Donald" has -- after a couple of weeks -- FIRED Miss California USA.  Not for her stance against gay marriage, but for her missing events at which she was required to appear AS "Miss California USA".

None of them, of course, were events against gay marriage which seem to take up all her time these days.

No, but it's so much fun when the representatives of so-called morality get caught with their pants down!

Another set of topless modeling photos of her just turned up as well, which were taken only last year (when she was 20 years old). She evidently forgot about those, since she claimed all the previous nasty photos she had posed for before were taken when she was a teenager, and didn't know any better.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »

Well, I must say I'm amused that "The Donald" has -- after a couple of weeks -- FIRED Miss California USA.  Not for her stance against gay marriage, but for her missing events at which she was required to appear AS "Miss California USA".

None of them, of course, were events against gay marriage which seem to take up all her time these days.

No, but it's so much fun when the representatives of so-called morality get caught with their pants down!

Another set of topless modeling photos of her just turned up as well, which were taken only last year (when she was 20 years old). She evidently forgot about those, since she claimed all the previous nasty photos she had posed for before were taken when she was a teenager, and didn't know any better.

Hmm... Maybe she's hoping to go the Vanessa Williams' route?  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  -And I just posted a couple others on my Facebook page.

*And I just got an inquiry from a grad student... from Hawaii... who used to be a competitive swimmer...  Hmmm.. ;)

Sounds like you need to have these wanna be renters start sending there photos with their inquiries.

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:11 PM »

I'm going to write for just a minute and then head down to bed.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »

TCB = So sorry to hear about what you went through

MBarnum

« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »

Just read that soap actor Johnny Palermo died in a car accident today in North Hollywood. His girlfriend also died in the accident. If he looks familiar it is because he has appeared on a lot of TV shows lately (I remember him appearing on RULES OF ENGAGEMENT). Very sad, he was only 27 years old.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »

For any DR who may not be on Facebook, here is a link to my High Line photos on Flickr.  -Should you wish to view them.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2009, 09:39:46 PM »

Great photos, Jose. Looks like you had a nice walk.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »

Great photos, Jose. Looks like you had a nice walk.

I really did.

What's truly amazing is that the portion of The High Line that is currently open is only six blocks long.  And I was up there for two hours!  Right now, it runs from Gansevoort to 20th Street.  Eventually, it will go all the way up to 34th (I believe).

*And some of the seating is on the tracks, and some of the seats do move on the tracks!  Such a great re-purposing of a space and structure that almost got torn down.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »

It also turned out that City Bakery has two of their "birdbath" carts set up at The High Line selling cookies, lemonade and other treats.  When I entered the park, I noticed the first cart set up right by the entrance.  Of course, I had just been to City Bakery about 30 minutes before... ;)  So, I just browsed.  Well...

As I was leaving, the carts were still set up, and one of the clerks still remembered me from before... And since they were about to close up shop - the park closes at 10:00 - the cookies were being offered 2-for-1... And then 3-for-1.  :)

I think their Oatmeal Cookie will make a great breakfast. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »

OH!

And Monkey liked The High Line too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »

Okey-dokes...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »

Holy moley on rye, this is the first moment today that I've had to actually sit down and, well, sit down.  Unbelievably crazy day - got almost everything done that was planned which is in of itself amazing, blocking sixty pages of act one's sixty-nine pages.  Then at the end of the day, my stage manager made an off-handed comment about there being risers or levels in the theater where we'll be doing the reading.  This was news to me.  So he called the theater and had them send us the floor plan and it's a four-star disaster - risers everywhere, the entire set is facing towards stage left so that if you stand facing the audience you look weird, and little room for actual flat across staging, which is, of course, exactly what I spent the entire day doing.  Adam and I talked it through and it's just going to have to look different than I want it to, which is infuriating - the actors will just have to keep their positions but now some of them will be on risers, some won't, and I'll adjust everything once I finish blocking the show.  The SM will tape out the floor tomorrow and I'll start doing the new stuff according to the floor plan.  When I spoke to the theater guy about it he got all attitude-y with me, and I think you know how that sort of thing goes down.  I reminded him that when I booked the theater I was told that there would be at least as much playing room, if not more, than what was currently then available due to their then set.  No one said there will be risers all over the stage (it's one of the stupidest stage designs I've ever seen), no one said anything.  Nothing to be done about it, so we'll make the best, but I can assure you that I will be mentioning this fact to our audiences (in a humorous way, of course) so that they don't think Adam and I are completely inept visually.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2009, 10:38:30 PM »

We grabbed a bite to eat and I got home at nine-thirty and immediately had to package up all the CDs.  I'm only shipping out the Kritzerland orders, however - the others will have to wait until Friday because I just have no time to deal with those bigger packages until tomorrow night.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »

...I just have no time to deal with those bigger packages ...

Some of us would make time to deal with bigger packages.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up