Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CEREAL KILLER  (Read 13219 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE CEREAL KILLER
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2004, 09:22:45 PM »

And here it is!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2004, 09:46:39 PM »

Well, just for kicks, I went back and checked some of my past posts...

On July 7, I wrote the following:

Good Evening!

I'm heading to bed shortly, so...

I really MUST get up early tomorrow and start checking out some leads for part-time work.  I'm just so non-motivated to do so mainly because I haven't had a "day job" in about five years.  And my last two "day jobs", I literally walked into the stores, asked if they were hiring, and I got hired.  And I was a manager and a buyer at both places!  I'm not looking forward to filling out applications, but I know that's what I have to do, so...  I had planned to take the summer off as it was, but since after checking out other leads, it doesn't look like any gigs will be coming up until mid-November at this point.  The only "comfort" I have is that all my other musician-friends are in the same boat.  Ehh...  It's just the way everyone's seasons lined up.  No tours going out until the end of the year - at least union ones.  And most of the theatres in DC are holding off on their musicals until Christmas time.  So...  I do have some "Plan Bs" in the mix, and after I see how things go the rest of this week, I'll go from there.

But I just think back to the past two years of back-to-back work... The shows I've worked on.  The people I've met.  

Ah, well...

My how things can change!

:)

And I'm also finding that the saying "work begets work" does seem to be true...  More updates as they become available. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2004, 09:50:46 PM »

OH! And after reading that previous post, I also realized I used the phrase "Plan B" - which was one of the possible titles for what eventually became known as "What If?"  Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2004, 09:55:11 PM »

OH! (again)  I stopped by Rite Aid on the way back from today...  And the 18 oz. "Bonus" container of Almond Roca are on sale this week...  And it's probably a national, chain-wide sale...

Just thought you would all like to know that...

<crunch>
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2004, 10:17:41 PM »

I'm back.  I watched Freaks, which I'll discuss in the notes that I must write very soon.  Sound system - hard to tell, because now we're getting strange buzzing sounds from all the mics.  The mic company is coming out tomorrow to check it out.  The playback sounds fine - these new speakers need a lot more juice than the others, but we set a level that seems okay and we added a bit of bass to it.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2004, 10:30:38 PM »

I just now realized that it's not Tuesday! Which means I have all sorts of things to do tomorrow -- because it's Thursday, not Wednesday. As Dan TM would say, "Those dizzy blondes!"

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2004, 11:26:19 PM »

I am back from Salome.  It was the actors vs. the playwright and I am sorry to report that Mr. Wilde lost.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2004, 11:26:57 PM »

OH! (again)  I stopped by Rite Aid on the way back from today...  And the 18 oz. "Bonus" container of Almond Roca are on sale this week...  And it's probably a national, chain-wide sale...

Just thought you would all like to know that...

<crunch>

Isn't that the single serving size?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2004, 11:36:38 PM »

I'm off in a couple of hours to see Carousel - a seemingly miscast David Campbell (maybe he is Julie!).
Love the show so it will be interesting. Figure nothing is as bad as Caroline O'Connor as Aldonza.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up