Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUDGMENT DAY AT THE FEDERAL  (Read 5617 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JUDGMENT DAY AT THE FEDERAL
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »

I think I'll write the notes early and schedule them and get to bed by ten again.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »

Back from the final dress rehearsal for tomorrow night's program at the University of MN celebrating the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. I am narrating pieces by Aaron Copland and the harrowing Arnold Schoenberg "A Survivor from Warsaw" with a 45 piece orchestra and a large men's choir. Other stunning items on the program include a gorgeous new commission, a festive piece by English composer William Walton, and Steve Reich's "Different Trains" with accompanying video. Also featured: a dancer and a powerful solo baritone.

Sounds wonderful.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:03 PM »

Just finished watching "The Firefly" with Jeanette MacDonald and Allan Jones. Fun. Silly. Great music. And they had really good chemistry. Wish they had done another movie or two together.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:17 PM »

I need to get to bed.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2015, 09:39:20 PM »

My laundry is in the dryer and I'm watching "The Muppets Most Wanted."  I'm watching the "Unnecessarily Extended Cut."  It's about 12 minutes longer than the theatrical version.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up