Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAST OF THE TOWN  (Read 20202 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TOAST OF THE TOWN
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2005, 03:17:01 PM »

DR George, sure i can PM you the info, I just need to remember what i saw. :)  I know it was with Claire and Charlie.  I don't think it was too exciting. But I will PM you what i can remember (probably tomorrow morning).

Thanks!  Take your time. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2005, 03:18:13 PM »

I finally get to use this!  Page Five Dance:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2005, 03:21:15 PM »

DR TD - I think that is Betty Buckley singing "Walking In Space."  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2005, 03:29:10 PM »

JRand, did you find if Vera Ralston was the killer yet?

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2005, 03:37:14 PM »

I'm now only a week behind but can't catch up with any more for a while - weak behind.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2005, 03:48:50 PM »

You're lucky we can't groan around here, Tomovoz.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »

About 4pm, 88 degrees.

Green t-shirt, jean shorts, no shoes or socks.

Lunch was spinach salad with feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.  Dinner will most likely be a quick frozen pizza before rehearsal.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2005, 03:59:14 PM »

Finished entering corrections and fixes - although there are things I haven't done because they require some discussion with the copyeditor and/or my friend Margaret.  But boy did she catch some doozies - and that's why we love our copyeditors.  

Has anyone realized that in about six hundred posts from now we shall be achieving a new plateau?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2005, 04:04:05 PM »

Between JoseSPiano's overactive imagination and TomovOz's underactive catchings-up (week/weak behind), my head is spinning.

Whooooo-oops!

It almost took off without me!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2005, 04:14:52 PM »

Yellow short sleve shirt, blue jeans, white socks, black running shoes, black boxer/shorts.

The retirement spaghetti feed/lunch to benefit the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life went without a hitch! ;D We had spaghetti and a choice of either vegetarian or meat sauce, a salad with or without Newman's Own Italian dressing, garlic bread, lemonade, chocolate brownies and very nice company.  I had too much of the garlic bread and I'm struggling to stay awake!  I almost nodded of during our staff meeting at 2:30 this afternoon!  AND after work tonight, I'm going to see Shakespeare's Measure For Measure.  Wish me "stay awake" vibes!!  Actually, I think I'll leave work early and take a nap.  I need it. 8)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2005, 04:18:14 PM »

Green seems to be the color of the day, apparel-wise.  That's cool, 'cause green is my favorite color.  My favorite superhero is Green Lantern.  I love Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.  And my Toyota Camry is hunter green.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2005, 04:26:22 PM »

Hmmm, my aunt spotted the Trading Spaces truck today.  Now I have to decide if I want to go visit it.

Danise

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2005, 04:30:07 PM »

Evening all!

So glad to hear from both of our guys.  Continued healing vibes your way!  

I had another encounter with a black snake.  Maybe the same one.  I thought it was a piece of hose laying on the ground and went over to look.  When the “hose” started moving, I think I just about jumped out of my skin!  

No blood, no foul.  He went his way and I went mine.  

DRHisaka, those are some very beautiful roses!  Mine has not bloomed yet this year but when it does, I will take a photo it to show.

DR Michael, there was a time I also could recite from memory lines from “The Seven Faces of DR. Lao.”  I even did “The Fall of the City” as an English project, I believe.  I LOVE that movie.  Humm, which reminds me that I should check and see if it is on DVD.  That is a “MUST HAVE” for my collection.  

Things are really starting to shape up for the October trip.  I think I have ironed out a lot of the details.  I may even be able to take a small side trip to TarryTown.  Why TarryTown you ask?  I have always wanted to go see LynnHurst AKA_______________.  JRand may know the answer to that.  

TOD.  Welllll, I think at this point and time the composer I would pick would be Misha Segal.  

In honor of todays horse….

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2005, 04:43:53 PM »

Between JoseSPiano's overactive imagination

That boy do have one fantasy life!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »

AND after work tonight, I'm going to see Shakespeare's Measure For Measure.  Wish me "stay awake" vibes!!  Actually, I think I'll leave work early and take a nap.  I need it. 8)

DRGeorge, it's a great play, maybe not so good as TARTUFFE on hypocrisy, but a hard one to pull off; Isabella's got to be sensuous beneath that chaste exterior, otherwise the plot makes little sense.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »

Evening all!

So glad to hear from both of our guys.  Continued healing vibes your way!  

All, please keep them vibes coming!!!  DRTomovoz and I both need as much vibes and xylophones as you can send our ways.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

I'm guessing if we got DR Elmoore3003 and DR TomovOz together in one room with two wooden chairs and only one soft cushion, the fun would begin....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »

And if suppositions were the order of the day,

I'd suppose a game of "Twister" wouldn't please them.

Nor an invite to go outside for "Slip 'n' Slide."

Danise

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2005, 04:58:09 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Vibes from all directions to the BOTH of you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2005, 04:59:22 PM »

Isn't "Paris Makes Me Horny" from that?

And there is, of course, the first act show-stopper:

WHY ISN'T PARIS BURNING?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2005, 05:08:27 PM »

It is 2:10 pm and 88 degrees.

Green and yellow polo shirt, flat front khakis, brown shoes, brown belt.

Turkey weiners,

Please Michael, warn us when you are changing topics!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2005, 05:09:20 PM »

Hi Jane!  So nice to see you this evening!   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2005, 05:18:43 PM »

Good evening!

Continued recovery vibes for both DR's elmore and Tomovoz!

TOD - Thomas Mallon's novel Bandbox, set in New York in the 1920's.  From the book jacket:  "Bandbox is a hugely successful magazine...edited by bombastic Jehoshaphat "Joe" Harris...has a masthead that includes a grisly alliterative crime writer, a shy but murderously determined copyboy, and a burned-out vaudeville correspondent who's lovesick for his loyal dewy assistant...While Harris and his magazine careen from comic crisis to make-or-break calamity, the novel races from skyscraper to speakeasy, hops a luxury train to Hollywood, and crashes a buttoned-down dinner with Calvin Coolidge."  I think Frank Loesser, for a "Guys & Dolls, How to Succeed..." type of treatment.

Or Kay Thompson's Eloise books, by Strouse & Charnin or Flaherty & Ahrens.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2005, 05:29:34 PM »

DRGeorge, it's a great play, maybe not so good as TARTUFFE on hypocrisy, but a hard one to pull off; Isabella's got to be sensuous beneath that chaste exterior, otherwise the plot makes little sense.

This is quite an acclaimed production of MEASURE FOR MEASURE.  It is supposed to be suitably dark and quite brilliantly acted.  I am not a big fan of this problem-play, but this particular production does look interesting.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2005, 05:29:56 PM »

Danise - good news about your vacation being approved for October.

Jane - I was getting worried when I hadn't seen you online for a while...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »

3 p.m. and 103F.

Sliced turkey on bagel sandwich, popcicle, water

Sage green t-shirt, denim shorts, SPF50 sunscreen.

No one else wears a turkey bagel sandwich quite like my mom. Though she looks kinda silly trying to eat her sage green t-shirt and gulping down that sunscreen.  :P

I'm glad we're doing a clothing check today because I am wearing my favorite outfit. My red and blue Quidditch shirt, my plaid pajama bottoms that don't fit, and my black and purple striped fencing knee socks. Nothing matches. I look fantastic. And my leopard-spotted flamingo watch adds a nice touch.

I was eating some mac and cheese, but I seem to have lost track of it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »

Bruce I loved the photos of NY.

Unlike Tomovoz I am not playing catch up, can barely do today’s.  However, while scrolling for the NY photos I did receive my messages from Tomovoz & Danise.  Thank you.

Hisaka your roses are beautiful and make me feel better.  

I haven’t had the heart lately to talk.  Tuesday we said goodbye to our sweet Bogie.  Too many losses in too short of a time and the last two were just such very special pets.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

Some more vibes for Dear Readers Elmore and Tom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think The Princess Bride would make a great musical, but I don't know who should write it.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about Bogie, Jane. He was loved and he knew it. I'm sure he had a great life and was very happy living with you. I'm so sorry.

Danise

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2005, 05:38:43 PM »

DR Jane, You know my thoughts are with you and Keith.  My most sincere condolences.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up