Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVELY GOODIES  (Read 20422 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LOVELY GOODIES
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:02:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you're ready for some lovely goodies, you're ready for the debut of Kritzerland's website, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home with their lovely goodies.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 12:02:02 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:LOVELY GOODIES
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 12:03:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLIPPANT!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 12:08:02 AM »

CDs:  Louis Prima  - "Let's Fly With Mary Poppins"
          Johnny Crawford "Rumours"
          Ben Colder & Others " "Eskimos, Mean Old Queens & Little Bitty Steers"

DVD:  Michael Bublé: Come Fly With Me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:09:42 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:09:16 AM »

I remember the fable of the Flippgrasshopper and the Flippant.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 01:40:47 AM »

So sad to hear BK complain about his bush. I thought George and Jeb were enough, but now California has one.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 01:41:43 AM »

Question for BK:

What exactly do you mean by the "bottom" when it comes to recorded music?
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

Sorry to hear about your proposed Montreal trip being a non event.

Maybe the Bush on Bk's roof was protecting him from weapons of mass destruction.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 02:07:50 AM »

Another question for BK re: TabAtha.

Are you sure that was Arnold Soboloff as the taxi driver?

I don't think it looks or sounds like him. I always pictured the man wearing glasses (like the shot of Tabatha getting in the taxi where he is also wearing a cap) and being a lot thinner in the face. Whenever I saw him acting or in photos he was always wearing those glasses.

Here is a photo of him
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 04:17:44 AM »

Early Friday morning greetings!  My bags are packed, I'm ready to go (a Peter, Paul, and Mary reference).  My next greeting will be from Chicago.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 04:45:23 AM »

Hello Ben & Larry.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 04:50:20 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRGinny, safe trip.

DRMichaelShayne,  I had forgotten that John Reardon did several of Ben's recordings!  I try to suppress all memories of working with Ben and concentrate on what a charming man he was away frm the studio.  I didn't do any of the albums John was on.  I had also forgotten that he sang in the premiere of Bernstein's SONGFEST, the first stereo recording of THE RAKE'S PROGRESS with Stravinsky conducting, and a wonderful recording of Menotti's THE OLD MAID AND THE THIEF, which needs to appear on CD.

John and Ron Raines played two of Colette's three husbands in the tryout of Harvey & Tom's COLETTE (long before it became COLETTE COLLAGE).  Since their voices are so similar, I wonder if that wasn't a bit confusing to the audience.

Today is another DARLING OF THE DAY marathon, so I'm off to work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 04:51:05 AM »

Hello Ben & Larry.

Hello, Tom!  I don't think I can make Monday's event.  Good cast, however!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 04:51:34 AM »

No nothing in anything. Don't know what I'll do tonight after work. I'm having a prideful dinner with friends tomorrow evening. We get together at Cafe Loup every year (the Saturday evening before Pride Sunday) and have dinner and catch up and then walk over to Washington Square Park and look at the Empire State Building awash in Lavender light. The lights are flicked off at midnight and then we wander to our various homes. The Pride March takes place on Sunday but it's supposed to be a VERY hot day. I know that means little to our Arizona pals but 95 with high humidity makes it hard to sit on the corner and watch prideful gay men and lesbians cavort down Fifth Avenue and it makes it even harder to consider cavorting with them. I used to march proudly with Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS but they have not walked for the past few years. If I did end up walking it would probably be with a friend from the Gay Mens Chorus. But, it's easier to just walk over to 16th Street and Fifth Avenue and plop down to see the whole thing from my corner. I think I will avoid the "festival" which is a sad excuse for a street fair, no different from any other New York City street fair except it has rainbow banners, gay pride slogans, men (and some women) without shirts and the same general boring quality that all New York street fairs now possess.

Anyway, I shall now go to AccuRadio.com to see what the Broadway channel is playing.

I will be back later to see if we can get a sneak peek at Kritzerland Records.

Bye.

Safe travel vibes to Rodzinski and Ginny!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 04:52:25 AM »

And a third hello before I scurry off to work!

SteveO

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 05:07:57 AM »

First, while I don't post alot, I really like hanging out.  Not much time during the day due to the job thing and evenings too full of other stuff but I do check in when I can.  You are a swell bunch of people and this site provides a much needed diversion.

DVD = The last disk of the 3rd season of Six Feet Under.  Finished the season last night.  Love that show.

CD =  Jerry Springer: The Opera OCR.  Great show if you have not heard it

Later.......  and thanks to all for being here and thanks to  BK for providing the opportunity.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:08:30 AM by SteveO »
Be honest.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 05:18:06 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention the TOD:

CD:  Thomas Hampson's Steven Foster album and An Old Song Re-Sung
       The New Moon

DVD:  T've got AMELIE and two other Netflix pix sitting here, plus a lot of opera I want to watch if I find the time:  some Offenbach, LOVE FOR THREE  ORANGES, and a couple of BBC items from the Glyndebourne Festival

VCR:  I'm still awaiting DRJed's video

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 05:27:30 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up!

Why am I up before 9:00....heck, before 10:00?!??!

;)

In any case...

Good Morning.  Good Day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 05:37:33 AM »

Topic of the Day - All CDs...

Whilst I was puttering around the house - well, just around my room at least - I was listening to Miss Annette Funicello sings of boys, surfing, boys, Hawaii, boys, young love, boys... Thank you, DR JRand!  -It was just what I needed after some of the "irritations" I had to deal with yesterday.

I know I listened to a few more CDs this past week, but they're not coming to mind right, and since I'm no where near the shelf that I keep my CDs on right now...

Maybe as I go through the day, other titles will come to mind.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 05:45:07 AM »

Good Morning, Boys and Girls!

I used to love watching "FLIPPANT," but then I always id like dolphins.  I liked Brian Kelly and Luke Halpin too.

DVD--"Dirty Shame"  Try as you might, you can never plan on just how far a John Waters film will go-- or who he;ll get to do it.  He's kind of like the Ben Bagley of midnight movies.

CD-- "High Society" (the Broadway re-do).  I've got "Sherry" ready to go, along with the Original Broadway Cast of "Flower Drum SOng"-- the original verson,, NOT the re-do.  I've listened to "High Society" before and wasn't terribly impressed, although I like much of the cast.  We'll see this time.

I'll check out the new site as soon as I can.

Ben, have fun at the parade (heat or no heat).  We now have our Pride celebration in April. because 114 is too miserable in which to march or celebrate.

"They call him Flippant, Flippant,
faster than lightinng.
No one you see
is smarter than he..."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:49:13 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 05:48:25 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  Do I Hear A Waltz OCR

DVD Player:  nothing

VCR:  nothing

I've been speding my evening mostly reading a new book about the making of 1776, David McCullough's 1776.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 05:52:06 AM »

In my ongoing quest to lead Michael Barnum to culchah, today's opera lesson is the tenor and baritone.  We'll start with Rodney Gilfry, a baritone.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 05:52:59 AM »

OH!

While watching "The Today Show" this morning, I learned that Tom Cruise knows the history of psychiatry.

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 05:53:34 AM »

That was Mr Gilfry in the premiere of Mr Andre Previn's opera of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, which starred Miss Renee Fleming (soprano) and my friend Elizabeth Futral (also soprano).  Here's a nice shot of Mr Gilfry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 05:56:27 AM »

Now, to the tenor!  I think DRMBarnum would like Brandon Jovanovich (he's on the right) in this scene from Carlisle Floyd's opera SUSANNAH, an adaptation of the Apocryphal story of Susannah and the Elders transferred to Tennessee (?) country.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 05:57:50 AM »

I've been speding my evening mostly reading a new book about the making of 1776, David McCullough's 1776.

DRDTM, that book is doing quite well.  I think I'd like to read it.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 06:10:49 AM »

Good morning all.  I have a had a dreadful few days.  My car is in the shop as the transmission decided to give up the ghost while it was having its brakes repaired.  i spuppose I cannot really complain as the car is 10 years old and it does have  175,000 miles on it, but still  I have been without a car since Saturday and that is a baaaad thing on he Island of Long.

On top of that this is on e oif the three busiest weeks in the real estate year for this area, the week between school letting out and the  4th of Juky holiday when everyone who has beenin contract to sell and buy wants to close on their loans.

It has been utter chaos.

So I have not caught up, and most likely will ot get an opportunityu to this  day either (perhaps this eveing)

I have missed you all and will try to sneak some peeks at what has been going on.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 06:11:08 AM »

Feel Better Vibes to bk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 06:11:34 AM »

Successful Kritzerkand Debut Vibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also to bk

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 06:28:19 AM »

DR vixmom - Let "this" be the storm before the calm.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 06:30:50 AM »

OK - Time for me to head out for a bit - bank, post office, storage unit... hmm and I guess brunch too...  And then most likely back here for a nap.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up