Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR  (Read 40152 times)

Jason

Re:PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2005, 09:16:21 AM »

Yeah...they closed off portions of the Amtrak area. It's re-opened now.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2005, 09:18:34 AM »

Well, sometimes you just gotta get out of the house and take a walk or run... even when it's drizzling, hot, humid, etc...

;)

Nope, not me. That's why I have some exercise equipment inside the house - for convenience sake when it IS too hot, too rainy, too cold, etc.

I believe in exercise, but there is no need to make it torturous. That's the quickest way for me to lose interest. No masochist here!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2005, 09:21:18 AM »

Based on the Spring runway shows in Paris, the designers are getting a head start on the Award Shows:

These "show no feet designs" inspired by the film of "A Chorus Line"

This is from the "After the Mawl" collection

der Brucer
I cannot stress how glad I am that you no longer do drag.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2005, 09:22:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Hahahahahahahahaha.  You know, I do feel sort of confident that soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2005, 09:23:14 AM »

That's why I've stopped preordering long in advance at Amazon. I go in on Thursday before the Tuesday release date, and almost never have a problem. Of course, sometimes things are delayed strangely, but I don't preorder things way in advance any more.

Sorry you're having these problems, DRs Ron and Tom.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2005, 09:25:16 AM »

Lunch is cooking right now, so I took a minute to hop back on the internet. My mail has not yet arrived for today, but I will be disappoinbted if some packages aren't forthcoming.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2005, 09:27:16 AM »

I'm going to have a houseguest Saturday and part of Sunday, so I'll have to spend some time today getting the guest room ready.

My friend Gregg from Winston-Salem is coming down so we can both see a mutual friend appearing in a local production of OLIVER!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2005, 09:27:33 AM »

That's why I've stopped preordering long in advance at Amazon. I go in on Thursday before the Tuesday release date, and almost never have a problem. Of course, sometimes things are delayed strangely, but I don't preorder things way in advance any more.

Sorry you're having these problems, DRs Ron and Tom.

Two words:  Best Buy

Another two words:  Circuit City

Two more words: Tower Records

Three words - well, in some circles just two more words: Barnes & Noble

And one word:  Border's

And another one:  Target

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2005, 09:28:54 AM »

DR TPunk, I taped ALIAS last night (since i was watching Survivor).  If you can't find a copy (and really want to see it) i could either a) send you the tape after i watch it or b) copy it to dvd, which is very easy. Let me know.

If I had known this last night, I could have burned a DVD for her of the widescreen HDTV version. Sad to say, it's gone off the DVR now.

Jennifer

« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2005, 09:29:12 AM »

DR RonP, these customer service agents at amazon.com do not seem to be the brightest.  The reply with form letters most of the time.  I don't think getting upset with them helps, especially since they do not seem to really think when answering (they merely use the closest form letter).

I've found either a) asking them to forward your message to their supervisor or b) continually responding to them no matter what lame form letter they give, usually helps.  Eventually you will get the answer you need.

So did they finally respond to you (i missed that part?).  If they didn't write back with 24 hours i would write again. Or do what BK did and call. I'm sure calling helps.

I know that all these internet places must get tons of emails. But they must realize how obnoxious it is for customers to receive form letters. Especially ones that barely even relate to the topic originally mentioned.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2005, 09:30:14 AM »

OH!  And what size and color turban would you like?

;D
Der Brucer looks best in a sapphire blue turban.  (It highlights his eyes.)

8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2005, 09:31:54 AM »

;D

Sometimes, their prices are better than Amazon's (as with CINDERELLA at Circuit City this week). Sometimes not, especially with boxed sets and if you consider local sales tax and gas to the stores added in. With Amazon, there's no sales tax and free shipping with certain amounts or for PRIME customers.

I am fortunate to have the time to shop around for the most reasonable price, and that's what I do.

I understand others don't have this luxury and do what they have to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »

Looks like I've got a visitor. Must run but . . . .

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2005, 09:34:25 AM »

I'm back in rainy Salem, Oregon! Got back to the home environment around 2 am and it was good to see Freddy again, but I miss New York and all the wonderful DRs that I met whilst I was there! I had such a fantastic time while I was there and I have to especially thank Elmore3003, Rodzinski, and TPunk for providing shelter and pretty much taking care of me and making sure I had a safe and fun trip in the big Apple! And JoseP for taking so much time to show me around (how will I ever forget the Condom Store! )...four of the finest people I have ever met and I really appreciate all you guys putting up with me and helping make this a trip to remember!

And to all the other DRs I met along the way during my NY stay...holy cow, what did I ever do to earn such good karma that I should get to meet and hang out with such a wonderful group of people!!!!

Ok, I have 3 days worth of posts to catch up on and then I shall return later today!!

PS: Little India on Thursday was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! And I am at this very moment wearing a most comfortable article of Indian clothing called a Kurta...it looks like this (although mine is a bit fancier).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 05:20:24 PM by MBarnum »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2005, 09:34:57 AM »

;D

You forgot my favorite: COSTCO!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2005, 09:38:39 AM »

PS: Little India on Thursday was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! And I am at this very moment wearing a most comfortable article of Indian clothing called a Kurtas...it looks like this (although mine is a bit fancier).

We need pictures!  I hope it is blue to set off your beautiful eyes... MBarnum does have gorgeous eyes!! I demand a full color avatar from here on in

I am glad to hear you arrived home safe and sound.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:41:41 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2005, 09:40:53 AM »

We were just invited to see Jane Eyre: The Musical out at Creative Ministries in Oakdale on Long Island this eveing... front row seats that were going unused!!

I am not familiar with the show myself as it opened and closed so quickly, although my parents had seen it in previews and loved it.  

vixmom

« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2005, 09:42:51 AM »

DR Jason

The Vixter has been listening to CD's and wearing
T-Shirts to her hearts delight... thank you again!!

vixmom

« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2005, 09:44:40 AM »

DR Danise... I am so glad you enjoyed Fiddler.   Are you seeing anything tonight?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2005, 09:47:42 AM »

Media check:

DVD: Still catching up with Desperate Housewives.

Car CD Player: (actually from our trip up and back)
   Sondheim "Scrabble" album.  (Der B hadn't realized how early in the ouvre this was recorded.)
   A couple of tracks from Steel Pier.
   Brent Barrett: The Kander and Ebb Album.  (Great work by Elmore!)
   3hree, OCR.  (And then we tried to figure out why it never went to NYC.  Maybe it could have worked off-Broadway.  But would New Yawkers be able to accept Prince on off-Broadway?   :-\)
   A few tracks from the Peter Pan collection.  But der B wasn't really in the mood for that.
   Stephen Schwartz's Reluctant Pilgrim.  We decided that, if a body of work had to be defined by one word, Schwartz would best be defined by "Belief."  It's like Sondheim can be defined by "Duality," much more than "Ambivilance."  (Hey, it was nearly three in the morning before we got home, conversations can get highly philosophical and strange at that hour in the dark in the car.)

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2005, 09:55:40 AM »

~~CINDERELLA DVD VIBES~~~~~

for DR's Ron & Tomovoz

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

That DVD WILL be delivered tomorrow!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2005, 09:56:12 AM »

Sometimes, their prices are better than Amazon's (as with CINDERELLA at Circuit City this week). Sometimes not, especially with boxed sets and if you consider local sales tax and gas to the stores added in. With Amazon, there's no sales tax and free shipping with certain amounts or for PRIME customers.

I am fortunate to have the time to shop around for the most reasonable price, and that's what I do.

I understand others don't have this luxury and do what they have to do.

On the local news last night, they ran a story on an amazing new piece of software that run on cell phones with digital cameras.  If you want to buy something in, say, Best Buy and you wonder if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, you take a picture of the bar code and e-mail it to the software company.  They immediately send back a list of other stores with price comparisons for the item.  They even provide driving directions to the other stores listed and, if the item is on sale on-line, allow you to click to the item on the site so you can purchase it immediately.

Here's a link to the story.  

I have been putting off upgrading to a cam cell phone, but I think it will now be worth it just for this particular feature.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2005, 09:57:53 AM »

DR RonP, these customer service agents at amazon.com do not seem to be the brightest.  The reply with form letters most of the time.  I don't think getting upset with them helps, especially since they do not seem to really think when answering (they merely use the closest form letter).

I've found either a) asking them to forward your message to their supervisor or b) continually responding to them no matter what lame form letter they give, usually helps.  Eventually you will get the answer you need.

So did they finally respond to you (i missed that part?).  If they didn't write back with 24 hours i would write again. Or do what BK did and call. I'm sure calling helps.

I know that all these internet places must get tons of emails. But they must realize how obnoxious it is for customers to receive form letters. Especially ones that barely even relate to the topic originally mentioned.

OK...as a customer service representative myself, I'm going to take my life in my own hands and stand up for the poor folks who actually have to READ those 2 million pissy emails that everyone sends when they don't get what they want when they want it.

Sometimes things don't ship out. Sometimes there's a delay at the warehouse. Sometimes there's an unexpected delay in the receipt of the goods, therefore preventing turnaround and shipment of goods to the consumer. Sometimes the stock just isn't there. Is there a kink in the system? Apparently so, but is that a reason to send an email, write a letter or make a phone call every day (or, in some of my customer's cases, every hour)? No. The customer service rep to whom you are writing cannot walk to the shelf, pull down a copy of whatever it is you want, pack it up and ship it out. All we can do is check into your account, do what we can to speed up the process and pass your concerns on to the appropriate management. One email is sufficient. And I can tell you this from experience - the more emails you send and the more terse they are, the less likely you are to receive 1) a personal response or 2) what you want any faster. If I get nasty or multiple emails from the same person, they tend to get filed in the circular file, AKA the trash can.

Ron, I understand that you are frustrated and pissed off that you didn't get what you ordered when you were supposed to. Don't take it out on the customer reps. You want to give a dig to Amazon.com? Cancel the order and drive yourself to WalMart or Target or any other retail store and buy the DVD there. Take your business elsewhere - that's the only way you'll make any difference, and you'll get the face-to-face customer service that you desire/require. In these situations it is also helpful to remember that the items you're waiting for are not medicines or human organs - you can survive another day or two without them. Take a breath. Cancel the order. Buy it at Suncoast.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »

DR Ron Pullliam - Are your sinuses doing better today at least?

My Sinsues Regret They're Unable to Smell Today!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »

Amazon.com NO LONGER RESPONDS to customer comments.

Period.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2005, 10:01:16 AM »

On the local news last night, they ran a story on an amazing new piece of software that run on cell phones with digital cameras.  If you want to buy something in, say, Best Buy and you wonder if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, you take a picture of the bar code and e-mail it to the software company.  They immediately send back a list of other stores with price comparisons for the item.  They even provide driving directions to the other stores listed and, if the item is on sale on-line, allow you to click to the item on the site so you can purchase it immediately.

Here's a link to the story.  

I have been putting off upgrading to a cam cell phone, but I think it will now be worth it just for this particular feature.

Thanks for the link  DR Dan, you are truly The Man!  The story says the software is free to T-Mobile users,  I am a T Mobile user!! Yea!!

I must find out how to get the software now.....hmmmmm

vixmom

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2005, 10:03:26 AM »

~~~SINUS VIBES~~~

to poor Dr Ron who is having a no good, horrible, really bad day

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2005, 10:06:50 AM »

OK...as a customer service representative myself, I'm going to take my life in my own hands and stand up for the poor folks who actually have to READ those 2 million pissy emails that everyone sends when they don't get what they want when they want it.

Sometimes things don't ship out. Sometimes there's a delay at the warehouse. Sometimes there's an unexpected delay in the receipt of the goods, therefore preventing turnaround and shipment of goods to the consumer. Sometimes the stock just isn't there. Is there a kink in the system? Apparently so, but is that a reason to send an email, write a letter or make a phone call every day (or, in some of my customer's cases, every hour)? No. The customer service rep to whom you are writing cannot walk to the shelf, pull down a copy of whatever it is you want, pack it up and ship it out. All we can do is check into your account, do what we can to speed up the process and pass your concerns on to the appropriate management. One email is sufficient. And I can tell you this from experience - the more emails you send and the more terse they are, the less likely you are to receive 1) a personal response or 2) what you want any faster. If I get nasty or multiple emails from the same person, they tend to get filed in the circular file, AKA the trash can.

Ron, I understand that you are frustrated and pissed off that you didn't get what you ordered when you were supposed to. Don't take it out on the customer reps. You want to give a dig to Amazon.com? Cancel the order and drive yourself to WalMart or Target or any other retail store and buy the DVD there. Take your business elsewhere - that's the only way you'll make any difference, and you'll get the face-to-face customer service that you desire/require. In these situations it is also helpful to remember that the items you're waiting for are not medicines or human organs - you can survive another day or two without them. Take a breath. Cancel the order. Buy it at Suncoast.

I am certain, Jason, that you are not one of those two million customer service reps who get complaints such as mine and do nothing about them.  

The still-existing concept of "customer satisfaction" implies that a customer who has done all the things required of him by the store -- filled in all the blanks, provided all the information, dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's, and paid in advance -- should have the benefit of prompt, efficient and, if also paid for, expedient service.

I understand that all customers are not always right.  But quite often they ARE right.  If it's the store's fault, the store should make every effort to correct he problem promptly.

Further, when a customer has a long-standing history as an excellent customer , it behooves that store to make every effort to correct any problem for which IT -- the store -- has been negligent.

It's an age-old concept...and it's a good concept.

First off, no one at Amazon.com has come close to seeing me get "pissy"...not yet, anyway.  

Second.  As I wrote in my note to amazon, they HAVE THE ITEM IN STOCK.  They were offering one-day delivery on it yesterday.  

Third: Why would anonymous customer service reps take any of my frustrations personally?  I'm not blaming THEM for anything.  There is a glitch in Amazon's system and it needs to be corrected.  I wasn't profane.  I was direct.  I stated the facts.  If they get upset, it might be because they have no way of dealing with customer issues and are, themselves, frustrated.  I see them as the first line...address the problem to them and then they send it on to someone who can fix it.  But since THEY are the only ones I can communicate with, they unfortunately hear about it when the problem still isn't fixed.  Nobody said it's fair, but it's NEVER personal.

I wrote them THREE DAYS IN A ROW and nothing has changed that I can discern.  No effort has been made to fill my order so far as the information available on my account page reveals...but as Matt said, if he ordered it Tuesday, he'd have had it by now.

I ordered it August 29th and it hasn't shipped yet.

I also paid up front for prime member service and I think that deserves some attention.

Fourth: I don't want to buy it any place else BECAUSE I've invested in prime membership at Amazon.  It's fiscally irresponsible for me to buy it elsewhere.  

Fifth:  I'll be frustrated and disgusted and pissy if I want to.

:D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:23:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2005, 10:07:29 AM »

Thanks for the link  DR Dan, you are truly The Man!  The story says the software is free to T-Mobile users,  I am a T Mobile user!! Yea!!

I must find out how to get the software now.....hmmmmm

DR Vixmom, there is a link to the software company at the bottom of the page of the news story.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2005, 10:09:20 AM »

If an online store has a customer service e-mail department, then that department should be courteous and answer the simple questions that are posed to them - if they can't answer them, they should provide the telephone number for customer support and recommend that the customer speaks with someone who actually can help them.  It's much worse for amazon advantage sellers like Kritzerland.  When they screwup, you can only deal with the via e-mail - although I finally, in frustration, called their corporate offices and at least got my complaint forwarded directly to someone who could do something about it.  I do find their phone support to be helpful, and a little faux pas on their part was fixed quickly the other day.  Customer support is 800 201-7575.  Don't use any of the voice mail options - just wait for someone to come on the line.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up