Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR  (Read 40145 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2005, 10:11:04 AM »

Re: Degustation:

As Jose pointed out, while at Columbus Circle we picked up a copy (or two) of the menu at per se, one of the newest and most foodie-beloved restaurants in NYC.  The following is the "Chef's Tasting Menu."

"Oysters and Pearls"
"Sabayon" of Pearl Tapioca with Island Creek Oysters and Russian Sevruga Caviar.
Salad of Hawaiian Hears of Peach Palm
"Confit" of Ruby Red Grapefruit, Pickled Pearl Onions, Nicoise Olive "Rounds" and "Petite" Cilantro
Or
Terrine of Hudson Valley Moulard Duck "Foie Gras"
Port Wine Poached Mission Fig, Crystalized Fennel "Chip", Fennel Bulb Marmelade and Frisee Lettuce with Toasted "Brioche"
(30.00 supplement)
Sauteed Fillet of Mediterranean Red Mullet
Fresh Pole Beans and Braised Escarole with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Emulsion
Nova Scotia Lobster "Cuit Sous Vide"
Roasted Chestnut "Puree", Black Truffles, "Lardons" and "Burre de Truffe"
"Aiguillette" of Liberty Valley Pekin Duck Breast
Cipollini Onion "Leaves", Pickled Huckleberries and Wilted Mizuna with "Mignonnette de Fois Gras"
Snake River Farm's "Calotte de Boeuf Grillee"
Crispy Bone Marrow, "Rissolee" of Peanut Potatoes, Black Trumpet Mushrooms, brussels Sprouts and Thumbelina Carrots with "Sauce Bordelaise"
"Tomme Aydius"
Kabocha Squash "Pain Perdu", Marinated Swiss Chard Stems and Pomegranate "Gastrique"
Pineapple Sorbet
Caramel "Genoise", Hibiscus "Foam" and Yuzu "Bavarois"
per se "Sacher Torte"
Chocolate "Pain de Genes", Apricot Marmelade, Ginger Custard, Apricot ice Cream and Juniper Berry "Gelee" with Spiced Bread "Nougatine"

"Mignardises"

Prix Fix 210.00
Service Included

I'd offer a prize for the transation of everything that was put, by the writer of the menu, in quotes, but right now I can't even afford the service (included)!

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2005, 10:12:28 AM »

DR Jason,  

I understand exactly what you go through as well.  We are the closing attorneys for  more than two dozen lenders, and  as such, we get all the calls from attorneys, clients, mortgage brokers etc who want to close their loans.

However until the Lender tells me they have reviewed all the underwritng conditions  aqnd agree to send me the paper paperwork and most importantly, wire me the money, no closing can be held

I have had attorneys (who should know better)  threaten to report our firm to the Bar Association for refusing  to close a loan when they want it closed.

I have mortgage brokers who think that the moment a 20 page document finishes scanning through their fax machine that the closing can be set , completely ignoring the fact that the papers must be read , reviewed and approved by somebody in the lender's underwriting department.

They ignore the fact that these are national lenders and the underwriters have hundreds of loans and they are not spending all their time on that one loan.

And they seem to think I have a personal relationship with all these thousands of underwriters in all these out of state offices and that I can call them and get them to  "do me a favor" and move their loan to the top of the stack

So I do feel and share in your frustration!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:19:50 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2005, 10:12:41 AM »

And, after all that food, do you really expect me to dance?   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2005, 10:13:59 AM »

DR Vixmom, there is a link to the software company at the bottom of the page of the news story.
I missed it.  I'll go back again and find it.  Thanks!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2005, 10:18:25 AM »

Jrand, are you still tapping your foot?  No to both questions.  I haven't seen North By Northwest yet and I don't skip your posts.

Ben

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2005, 10:20:32 AM »

Michael, so you got to see CONDOMANIA! (how will I ever forget the Condom Store! )

Ah, the wonders of Greenwich Village. I'm surprised the store is still there. Things are closing up so fast you don't always know what will be there and what won't.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2005, 10:22:20 AM »

Oh, good grief, Pogue, sit down and watch North by Northwest already!  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2005, 10:25:01 AM »

Michael, so you got to see CONDOMANIA! (how will I ever forget the Condom Store! )

Ah, the wonders of Greenwich Village. I'm surprised the store is still there. Things are closing up so fast you don't always know what will be there and what won't.
As we commented on our walk to the restaurant, what with the high rents in NYC driving everyone out of business, it might be easier if the entire city just went on line and closed up their actual stores.

Only that makes it hell to browse effectively.   :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »

Re: Degustation:

As Jose pointed out, while at Columbus Circle we picked up a copy (or two) of the menu at per se, one of the newest and most foodie-beloved restaurants in NYC.  The following is the "Chef's Tasting Menu."

I'd offer a prize for the transation of everything that was put, by the writer of the menu, in quotes, but right now I can't even afford the service (included)!

Well, I totally understand the menu.  What's my prize?
;D
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »

"If I'm going to make a mistake you can rest assured it is on the side of being cautious," Bloomberg said at a news conference, flanked by Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. But he stressed that he did not think that any mistake had been made.

"We did exactly the right thing," Kelly said.

His remarks came after authorities briefly closed part of Penn Station and commuters headed to work under the watchful eyes of police.

A discarded soda bottle filled with an unidentified green liquid was found at the station during morning rush hour, Amtrak officials said. Kelly said it was a type of drain-cleaner substance.

A majority of the station was reopened by about 10:45 a.m., more than an hour after it was closed.

Officials in New York revealed the threat Thursday, saying an FBI source warned that terrorists had plotted to bomb the subway in coming days. But Homeland Security officials in Washington downplayed the threat, saying it's of "doubtful credibility."

Considering the Fed's reation toa Security Memo with a title to the effect of "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike Inside the US", I must say I prefer Bloomie's approach

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2005, 10:38:53 AM »

Ah, yes... I had to resort to some covert activities during the Walking and Eating Tour...  DR Jason was my accomplice.  I decided to hold back a bit while Jason led the gang up to Magnolia.  I thought Michael would get a kick out of the store.  -And they even have custom-sized ones now!  -Well, at least 51 different sizes.  And they even have a handy-dandy sizing chart.  How convenient.

-OK - Let's see what kind of responses this post generates...

Calling DRs elmore and TCB!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2005, 10:42:43 AM »

Considering the Fed's reaction to a Security Memo with a title to the effect of "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike Inside the US", I must say I prefer Bloomie's approach

I watched part of Bloomberg's news conference this morning, and I literally cheered out loud after his comments about "being cautious".

I have to admit I am a bit confused and apprehensive right now about the whole situation.  But I do feel safer that there is a visible and plain-clothes presence throughout the transit system.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:27 AM »

DR Jason, the difference between you and the customer service reps at amazon.com is that you probably actually send emails back that contain the information required.

If I place an order and someone emails me explaining why it is delayed I have no problem with that.

But from my experience at amazon, they send form letters that do not address the issues at all. That is what my complaint is really about.

And DR RonP, that is really odd that you did not get a response.  I've gotten a response to every email i've ever sent to amazon.com.  Although maybe DR Jason was correct, cause if you sent the email that was anything like what you wrote, I would be too scared to respond if I was them. :)

Usually I bite my tongue while writing the email.  And while I often have the desire to be witty, mean and/or sarcastic, I usually end up being sweet and polite.  And eventually I get an answer.  Although with so many customers and so much room for potential problems I am sure they are overwhelmed with complaints.

Do what BK suggested and call them, especially if they are not answering. Or just cancel that order and place a new one. Obviously there is a glitch in the pre-ordering system.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:34 AM »

Well.. Time for me to get ready for Goodspeed.  Well, at least to play some auditions for them this afternoon.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2005, 10:45:24 AM »

;D
And your list of the quotationed items, defined in English, is where?

:o

vixmom

« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2005, 10:45:28 AM »

;D
You get to buy us all dinner there!! When will you be collecting your prize?

;D

Jason

« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2005, 10:46:42 AM »

First off, no one at Amazon.com has come close to seeing me get "pissy"...not yet, anyway.

Second.  As I wrote in my note to amazon, they HAVE THE ITEM IN STOCK.  They were offering one-day delivery on it yesterday.  

Third: Why on earth would anonymous customer service reps take any of my frustrations personally?  I'm not blaming THEM for anything.  There is a glitch in Amazon's system and it needs to be corrected.  

I wrote them THREE DAYS IN A ROW and nothing has changed.  No effort has been made to fill my order...but as Matt said, if he ordered it Tuesday, he'd have had it by now.

I ordered it August 29th and it hasn't shipped yet.

I also paid up front for prime member service and I think that deserves some attention.

Fourth: I don't want to buy it any place else.  

Fifth:  I'll be frustrated and disgusted and pissy if I want to.

:D

Ron, I wouldn't dream of telling you not to be frustrated, disgusted or pissy. I'd like to see someone try to stop you from being any of those things. :) I'm just giving you a different way to look at the situation.

If I had received the email that you sent to Amazon.com, I imagine it would have gone straight to the bottom of my to-do pile for a later date. Or I'd have thrown it away. Jennifer said she'd write a letter if she hadn't heard back from them in 24 hours. Well, as someone who works for a MUCH smaller company than Amazon.com, I can tell you that it is sometimes difficult for ME to get back to a customer in less than 48 hours, and I'm a very fast, diligent worker. Everyone wants everything immediately - or sooner if possible. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that everyone - priority customers included - has to wait from time to time. If you really wanted the movie that badly, I suspect you'd have it by now by some other means. Why you "don't want to buy it any place else" is beyond me. You feel they're giving you bad service, so why patronize their company any further?

As to why an anonymous customer rep would take your emails personally...well...I'll send you 500 copies of your email every day and you can get back to me on how it feels. We (the reps) are the scapegoats for everyone out there who feels slighted, wronged or jipped. It gets old real quick, and even though it's our job to help people, there's only so much a rep can do. I'm happy to do what I can for any of my customers who are willing to treat me with the respect and regard that they expect from me, but I can't perform miracles.

On behalf of all the customer service representatives in the world, I apologize for the service you have received at Amazon.com. On my own behalf as a fellow human being and as your friend, I apologize for your problems with Amazon.com and hope that you understand where I'm coming from - I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm not trying to put anyone in their place as some have tried to do and I'm not defending Amazon.com for their delivery issues. I'm just worried that you seem to be so angry over such a relatively insignificant problem. It will work itself out in the end and everything will be right with the world until the next DVD doesn't ship out on time. Or until the next time someone threatens to blow us up on our ways home. It's all in how you look at things.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »

Oh... As far as Amazon.com's lack of response...  Does anyone know just how many customer service reps they have now?  With millions of potential customers, and thousands upon thousands of potential problems, I just have to wonder how well-equipped they are to handle customer service requests.  And has Amazon.com made an actual profit yet?  -I remember reading early on how they were doing great business, but due to the scope of their business, it was going to take them years to finally break even on their initial start-up investment.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2005, 10:50:42 AM »

And DRs Jason and Vixmon, I'm sure that you guys have many customers who make ridiculous requests.  But DR RonP and myself would surely not fall into that category. :)

I really do like amazon.com.  But I have had to email them quite a few times.  In fact last Christmas I placed an order weeks in advance and was told that the item had to ship by Day X in order for it to arrive before Christmas.  Well this was a very important gift, and i ordered it at least a week before Day X.  Well they waited and waited to ship it.  I inquired a couple days before Day X and it had still not gone out.  Well Day X passed and my item still showed as not shipped (I believe the response i got from them was not to worry since Day X had not gone by yet).

Well I was not too amused since I had made them aware of the situation days in advance.  And similar to DR RonP's dilemna, there was a glitch in the system and my order was stuck in "warehouse".

After a few more emails, they did something extremely odd.  They sent out my item 4 times. Once by one day, once by two day, once by three day shipping.  Just to make sure it arrived before Christmas.  It was totally bizarre. And i suppose they were trying to be helpful.  But my gosh it seemed odd. :)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:56:02 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2005, 10:53:29 AM »

Oh... As far as Amazon.com's lack of response...  Does anyone know just how many customer service reps they have now?  With millions of potential customers, and thousands upon thousands of potential problems, I just have to wonder how well-equipped they are to handle customer service requests.  

I'm sure they must have many.  I seriously doubt that all of any one person's emails go to the same person. In fact I'm quite certain that they don't.

But I thought amazon had a policy to respond within 24 hours.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2005, 11:08:42 AM »

Considering the Fed's reation toa Security Memo with a title to the effect of "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike Inside the US", I must say I prefer Bloomie's approach

Well yeah!  Like the Feds have track record of knowing what they think they know????

And I heard a "FEMA" rep on the news last night saying the danger was much lower and the sources not important enough to be taken seriously by them.

Like FEMA has any kind of track record lately????
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2005, 11:10:17 AM »

I'm sure they must have many.  I seriously doubt that all of any one person's emails go to the same person. In fact I'm quite certain that they don't.

But I thought amazon had a policy to respond within 24 hours.

Amazon USED to be VERY customer-friendly.

I don't know about lately.  I normally haven't a problem with them.

99% of the time, they're on-the-money with service.

I can forgive a glitch.  

But I WON'T BE IGNORED..!!!

(And they'd better mind their rabbits, too!)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2005, 11:12:16 AM »

Jrand, are you still tapping your foot?  No to both questions.  I haven't seen North By Northwest yet and I don't skip your posts.

Stops tapping foot.  ;D

I am just anxious for your opinion, the movie is so good.   8)

With Hitchcock, Saint, Grant, and Mason - how could it NOT be?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »

And DR RonP, that is really odd that you did not get a response.  I've gotten a response to every email i've ever sent to amazon.com.  Although maybe DR Jason was correct, cause if you sent the email that was anything like what you wrote, I would be too scared to respond if I was them. :)

As I noted in my THIRD e-mail, I had written them three times.  Today was the first time I was mad and pissy (as Jason refers to it).

When you post a customer comment, the screen puts up an advisory that Amazon.com does not reply to your comments, but will take immediate action on them.

That doesn't mean they're going to do anything, apparently, to rectify the problem at hand.  It has been three days since they were nicely alerted to the problem and nothing has been done about it.

Actually, my post today was sent in hopes of irritating someone enough to actually reply.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2005, 11:16:47 AM »

Stops tapping foot.  ;D

Don't forget that screenplay by Ernest Lehman!  Wowsers!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »

I guess I don't understand how priority customer RLP's DVD could NOT be shipped when they are obviously shipping current orders like mad!

I understand, DRJASON, but what is a customer supposed to do when he sends an URGENT email and gets NO response at all?  Wait...and wait...and wait?  Reps should also understand that customers send emails because there is a problem with the service (usually, although sometimes it is their fault, too)  or a situation as arisen that needs attention.  And it is NOT always the customer's fault.

But it is the old "us against them" mentality that always surfaces - and there are TWO sides to EVERY story.  Even though MY side is the side that should be  dealt with first.

I understand why DR RLP won't go buy the DVD someplace else - he paid EXTRA for a special service and he followed the rules (that Amazon.com set up) to get his product.  Why should he be inconvenienced?

Oh well.  I have been on BOTH sides of the situation.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2005, 11:18:05 AM »

And sometimes the squeeky wheel just squeeks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2005, 11:19:27 AM »

Don't forget that screenplay by Ernest Lehman!  Wowsers!

Almost mentioned that - the photography is not to be ignored either - just remember that for some reason the MGM logo is GREEN - I used to go crazy trying to adjust the color on my set!  :P

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »

Stops tapping foot.  ;D

Jackie Mason is in NORTH BY NORTHWEST? Who knew?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2005, 11:21:26 AM »

Just kiddin'. I know it's Marsha Mason.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up