Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEGINNING OF THE END  (Read 27674 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE BEGINNING OF THE END
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2006, 04:21:07 PM »

I bow to the majority opinion!  And I know that my memory is not always reliable, so I'll believe this quite emphatically presented information. ;D

I cross-referenced some episode guides for names and corrected the text you quoted above, George.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »

May 24 used to be Bonfire Day here - in honour of DP Colin's birthday.

Or possibly what was "Empire Day"

This post was just to let TCB know that someone reads his posts.

Thank you!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2006, 04:23:48 PM »

Thank you!

I read your posts, too.

It's just that....more often than not...the goose needs no sauce.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2006, 04:26:29 PM »

Back from a large and late lunch at Casa Vega.  Food, as always, was yummilicious, but I'm now feeling very logey.  Somewhere between five and six I head over to the editing room.  We have to output a complete tape again tonight because the DVD authoring person doesn't have a digibeta deck - just a beta sp deck, which is fine.  We also found out that the way we've done the letterboxing wouldn't enable us to have a true 16.9 widescreen DVD, so when we output tonight it will be an anamorphically squeezed full frame image (with our cropping) and then the authoring guy can encode it for 16.9 and regular tvs will have the letterboxed image.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »

I read your posts, too.

It's just that....more often than not...the goose needs no sauce.

Hmm, I will take that as a compliment, Ron.

“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2006, 04:32:09 PM »

I cross-referenced some episode guides for names and corrected the text you quoted above, George.

And I fixed your post in my post where I quoted your post. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

And I fixed your post in my post where I quoted your post. ;)

Does anyone have any idea what that means?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:35:35 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2006, 04:39:29 PM »

Do you really want to know, TCB??

Here goes:  Ron posted a post.  I quoted Ron's post.  Ron then changed his original post but my quote was of Ron's original post before he changed it.  I then changed my quoting of Ron's post so that it was exactly what he updated his post to be.  Clear as mud?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »

And on that note (E#), I'm at work right now, but not for long.  When I left to go to lunch at about 1:00, I started to feel a little nauseous, and now I'm feeling a lot nauseous. :P I don't think it was my lunch (an Asian chicken salad) because I started to feel it come on before I ate.  So, I'm going home.  And I have a lot of sick leave.  Later.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2006, 05:04:14 PM »

TOD:

Babette's Feast
Winged Migration

I actually like both of those films along with Enlightment and Nowhere in Afrika

A professor I am acquainted with was an advisor on Winged Migration.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2006, 05:08:41 PM »

It's not Spring in Australia, either.

It is an autumnal friday in OZ
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »

An interesting array of duckies, puppies, kittens and nudes.....

Indeed, life is a interesting...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »

Actually, I think you can watch it at ABC.COM now.  THey have free episodes of LOST, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and even the lame duck COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

I will have to check that out...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2006, 05:13:03 PM »

Just finished last night's Alias - any logic has completely flown out the window (well, the last two years has been that way) and, as I said last week, their pathetic attempts to bring back every character and plot device is, well, pathetic.  Has any character in television history had more major loyalty shifts than Arvin Sloane?  I mean, it's PATHETIC!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

I don't klnow about the rest of you but I suddenly feel younger than Springtime and light as a feather

Everything's relative y'know!

and you feel fit as a fiddle!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:19:40 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »

Jrand and Jane,

I will let you know... I feel good that I am done but also exhausted mentally
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:20:08 PM by DakotaCelt »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

Congrats on surviving the final, DakotaCelt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »

Busy day at work, catching up on phone calls and emails and getting ready to be gone for another 3 days.  I'm off tomorrow to Wooster, OH, for the state convention of the American Association of University Women.  

After a quick dinner tonight, DH Richard washed my car and filled the gas tank; then, while he mowed the front lawn, I vacuumed the inside of my car and cleaned the windows on the inside.  Tomorrow, I will have 3 lady passengers, so I wanted it to be all spiffy for them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

Living off of a dirt road the car always seems to be dirty.

Jane

« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »

The phone rang, I answered & a recorded voice kept telling me scripture this and scripture that, so I hung up.  I have no idea who was calling.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »

Ginny do you enjoy going to conventions?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »

Jane, I grew up in a town and a county with a LOT of dirt and gravel roads.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2006, 06:00:40 PM »

THank you DR Laura and I wish Sandra well with hers also...

Ginny

« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2006, 06:05:08 PM »

Ginny do you enjoy going to conventions?

Usually, yes, Jane.  I will be particularly interested in this one because, as 2006-08 state co-VP for program, I'll chair the committee that plans the next one (and the one after that - yikes!)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2006, 06:10:25 PM »

Twice before, in Pennsylvania & Michigan, we lived off of dirt roads.  Periodically trucks would sprinkle oil on the dirt to keep the dust levels down.  What a mess!!  In Michigan it was also dangerous when taking the last stretch of the dirt road, before hitting the paved portion which just happened to be downhill.  A couple of times, no matter how slow I drove, I slid right through the stop sign at a semi busy intersection.

Jane

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2006, 06:11:39 PM »

Ginny it sounds exciting and a ton of work to come.

Jennifer

« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2006, 06:16:10 PM »

Yes all LOST fans know Rose!  I wouldn't say that she is a lead actor on all the time.  But she usually has a scene each episode.  And like DR RonP said, she had an episode devoted to her backstory.

I really like her and it was extremely moving when she was reunited with Bernard!

Also the island seems to have cured her (she had some illness and was going to die).

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2006, 06:59:57 PM »

I'm having more trouble getting it together for this week's overnight trip than I had for the whole week last week.  Maybe it's too soon to be going away again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

Back from a large and late lunch at Casa Vega.  Food, as always, was yummilicious, but I'm now feeling very logey.  Somewhere between five and six I head over to the editing room.  We have to output a complete tape again tonight because the DVD authoring person doesn't have a digibeta deck - just a beta sp deck, which is fine.  We also found out that the way we've done the letterboxing wouldn't enable us to have a true 16.9 widescreen DVD, so when we output tonight it will be an anamorphically squeezed full frame image (with our cropping) and then the authoring guy can encode it for 16.9 and regular tvs will have the letterboxed image.

Yea, I have to do the same thing with mine.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2006, 07:35:38 PM »

I'm having more trouble getting it together for this week's overnight trip than I had for the whole week last week.  Maybe it's too soon to be going away again.

Have a great trip, Ms Chauffeur.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up