Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A MONDAY KIND OF VIBE  (Read 24704 times)

Danise

Re:A MONDAY KIND OF VIBE
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

Almost home--have  a GREAT evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2006, 03:00:14 PM »

Ok, I have a question, how do you do a link so you just click on a word? I figured out how to do the link to click on, but how do you attach that to a word?

Take out the spaces and type this:

[ url = http://www.haineshisway.com ]WORD[ /url ]

You can quote my message and you'll see that it looks like this:

WORD
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »

Wait, DR Danise, don't get off the bus 'til I say HI!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2006, 03:01:29 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Click on Quote in a message where someone has done it and copy and paste the code onto a Word document, or as I've done on my Mac, onto a Stickie.  When you want to do something similar, just copy and paste the code you've saved, and replace the URL with the one you want to link to.  Between the bracketed b & /b put in the words you want to appear in your message.

Thanks Ginny. I hadn't thought of the obvious - seeing what everyone else had done and copying that.   I have it saved and will try it when I have something to link to

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »

Take out the spaces and type this:

[ url = http://www.haineshisway.com ]WORD[ /url ]

You can quote my message and you'll see that it looks like this:

WORD

Thanks George

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »

I've been really hungry for pizza....Pizza Hut sells them for $5 on Monday from 5-7 think I'll run down and get one.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »

Thanks Ginny. I hadn't thought of the obvious - seeing what everyone else had done and copying that.   I have it saved and will try it when I have something to link to

That was one of the first lessons I learned in beginning HTML - never type code you don't have to!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2006, 03:07:08 PM »

That was one of the first lessons I learned in beginning HTML - never type code you don't have to!

Lessons to live by! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2006, 03:08:07 PM »

Nevermind, they are only selling pepperoni hand tossed for $5. I really do not like pepperoni pizza. So I ordered one and will go get it. They have delivery but I have one of those addresses that people can never seem to find, so it's easier to go get it.

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »

Welcome back, DRs td and MusicGuy.  Belated birthday wishes to DR td!

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »

I'm waiting for my family to get home so I can make the famous Tuna Glop for our dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »

Spirtas should be here in ten minutes.  He'll be surprised that we're going to a restaurant after he's just come from one, but them's the breaks, baby, them's the breaks.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

Thrift shops!!!! Only place I shop for clothes. Especially the Value Village in Redmond WA!!! The Microsoft millionaires go on these diets, you see, and lose six dress sizes. Then they head over to Nordstrom and Bellevue Square, and buy ALL NEW CLOTHES in size 2... before they can cut the tags off, well, what can I say -- some of the weight has crept back onto their bones... so they take all the size 2 new stuff to Value Village for a tax write off - and head out to buy more STUFF!!! So, as I browse on Monday - 99-cent day - I sometimes find these amazingly beautiful brand new clothes in size 2, many with the tags still attached!!! I must have over a hundred dollars worth of clothes in my closet by now!!

PennyO -- Do you realize how famous that Value Village in Redmond will be once JEWISH THIGHS becomes the biggest hit in Broadway history?  And when that day comes, I will be able to say that I almost met you several different times.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »

We will go to our standby, Chelsea Grill, a nice, homey place with good food and pleasant atmosphere. We will probably then trawl around looking for a nice dessert place.

Ben, I am glad you didn't say that the two of you were going to trawl around the neighborhood looking for dessert.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BEN AND ANT!!!
[/b][/color]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »

What a wonderful day at HHW!
[/b]

Kerry, Music Guy, JMK, and td all on the same day!  If Jason shows up, I may have to consult the Book of Revelations.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »

I believe I got She Loves Me on LP at my local market - sealed, in stereo.  

Sealed in Stereo?  Does that mean two pieces of plastic wrap?

I bought my copy of SHE LOVES ME at a discount bookstore in the Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa.  I was managing a men's shoe store in those days.  The name of the store was Hardy Shoes.  Our unofficial slogan was "Every woman loves a man with a Hardy on."

So, I guess you could say that I have spent my whole life in shoe business.
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »

What a wonderful day at HHW!
[/b]

Kerry, Music Guy, JMK, and td all on the same day!  If Jason shows up, I may have to consult the Book of Revelations.

After these things, I saw another angel coming down out of the sky, having great authority. The earth was illuminated with his glory.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

Happy, happy anniversary to Ben and Ant!

I myself have never had anyone around long enough to celebrate an anniversary...the parole officers always seemed to catch up with them, somehow. Ah, well.

So congrats to the both of you!!

Sorry, that is the best I could do, card wise!

If you tried dating someone other than felons or geriatrics, you might not have that trouble, Michael.  Of course, by mentioning geriatrics, I just put myself out of the running.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

Congratulations Bent and Anthony.

Wonderful to see the return of the seriously truant.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »

I had to buy two of them--they wouldn't let me buy a single.  I still wonder if I die a spinster (as that is looking to be the case), will I get my money back for the unused grave or what will become of it? ;)

If you should die a spinster (better than an old maid like me) then we can use the double plot to build you the type of shrine you truly deserve.

And what the Heck do you mean they wouldn't sell you a single???  Why not?  I think I would check with the Consumer Affairs department in your state.  OH, never mind, I forgot Jeb was Governor
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2006, 04:10:42 PM »

Just sent something to the IRS office near Buffalo in Cheektowaga, New York.  Nothing great, but I like saying Cheektowaga.

FJL

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »

Cheektowaga can be sung to the tune of Oklahoma!

Ben

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »

George, the doctored card is GREAT! We love it. Michael, don't feel bad we loved yours also and now we have two!

Ben

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »

We got a surprise when we went out for dinner. Our old standby is CLOSED! They were open last week. We walked up and the gate is down and a sign explaining that they can't afford the rent increase and had to shut down. Oh, well. We went to another nice place called Dish and had a very nice, romantic anniversary dinner. We had a lot of food so we will have dessert at home.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2006, 04:34:18 PM »

Ben, I got the CD today.  I can't wait to listen to it.  Thank you.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2006, 04:38:44 PM »

George, the doctored card is GREAT! We love it. Michael, don't feel bad we loved yours also and now we have two!

Glad you like it! ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »

Time to get dinner going.  Taco nite, with venison tacos.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

Time to get dinner going.  Taco nite, with venison tacos.

I am sorry, but if game was the only meat around, I would become a vegetarian.  But that is (pardon the expression) horse racing!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 05:30:09 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »

I was lurking and couldn't resist the TOD. I LOVE garage sales! The greatest thing I ever found at a Garage Sale - a Contents Sale, actually - was years ago in Toronto. We were driving home from somewhere on a Sunday afternoon, going through Rosedale, a wealthy, older neighborhood. I noticed a Contents Sale sign in front of a stately mansion and asked my then husband to stop while I ran inside to take a peek. It was late in the day, so the place was practically empty. Some of the built-in floor-to-ceiling bookcases had a few books left, and that was about it. I picked up a volume and leafed through it. STORIES FOR TWO - around 20 one-act plays by Ferenc Molnar. It looked like a fun read, so I paid a quarter for the book and left.
Later that night, I opened the book to the title page - and saw that it was inscribed to some friends (in Hungarian) by Ferenc Molnar! Dated 1950.

The post-script to the story is that I'm going to Ottawa in October to be one of 50 Hungarians honored by the Canadian government. I think the family of the rightful owners of the book will be there. I'm going to give it back to them. (Which is what I should have done when I first found the inscription - but perhaps I'm a better person now.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »

The post-script to the story is that I'm going to Ottawa in October to be one of 50 Hungarians honored by the Canadian government. I think the family of the rightful owners of the book will be there. I'm going to give it back to them. (Which is what I should have done when I first found the inscription - but perhaps I'm a better person now.)

That is wonderful!  Congratulations, Maria.
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up