Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOT  (Read 25104 times)

FJL

Re:HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOT
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 03:51:14 PM »

Let's get to page 4.

jhvw

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

I guess I'll do the page 4 dance. Pretty dead day at the little local tv station, it's nice. Gives me time to catch up on my internet persuits. Get to take a long dinner break tonight and go to a BBQ which should be nice. We have wonderful weather here in the mid 80's and sunny. Wish I was out enjoying it somehow instead of stuck in my dark little corner of the building.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »

Regarding the word of the day:  The opening number of Skip's score for TIME AND AGAIN at San Diego's Old Globe Theatre (is it really 10 years now?) was called "Quodlibet."  

Interestingly, some people were confused because they assumed that title for the number meant it had to have four parts.

That's so ridiculous--everyone knows that's a QUADliTET!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »

When we were in Romania a puppy was left at the entrance to Craig’s apartment building.  

Yogi’s first birthday party.

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

Here's a photo I took this afternoon
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 04:48:53 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »

Yogi looks a bit happier after eating his cake.  Here he is with Ioana, the reason Craig is still in Romania.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2006, 04:40:39 PM »

Cillaliz-beautiful photo.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »

Jane, love the photos of Yogi in his birthday suit

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »

Yogi looks a bit happier after eating his cake.  Here he is with Ioana, the reason Craig is still in Romania.

I wouldn't leave that dog behind, either.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2006, 05:15:01 PM »

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2006, 05:24:13 PM »

MBarnum-Callahan’s burned down on Saturday….. http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2006/0903/local/stories/callahans_burns.htm

Penny-You see Callahan’s, or saw it, near the Mt. Ashland exit.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »

Had a quick work session with Kevin - we went to Hugo's at 12:15 and it was an hour wait.  I will now never set foot in that restaurant again.  We went to CPK and it was empty.  Normally, CPK is full.  Go know.  It seems that the "hip" factor has now moved over to Hugo's.  Can't go to ANY other restaurant.  Of course, what these people are doing there at 12:15 is anyone's guess.
You chose a NATIONAL CHAIN restaurant over something local?  Talk about horseracing.

Given the choice, der Brucer and I will always go local over chain.  Of course, our breakfast choice (after a puppy-sitting visit with Tinker, Magic Mommy's rat terrier, who has been locked in their trailer while they went down to Ocean City) was between the Crystal Cafe, very local and highly loved, and the local IHOP.  Just the thought of the chain breakfast option is nausiating.

Me?  I had the shrimp and crabmeat omlette with home fried taters, and a nice cup of grits.  Der Brucer had eggs over easy, scrapple, and an equally nice cup of grits.  Try finding that at IHOP.

Very pleasurable.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2006, 05:28:35 PM »

And of course tasteless. There's always a market.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2006, 05:34:03 PM »

I was just about to post saying, thank you for the condolences, but none are required. That's not why I mentioned Faludy's death. He had a long and glorious life - several lifetimes really. I wrote about it more as a report of the passing of a great man, than as an occasion for sadness.
But I do want to make clear that I'm not writing this in response to Bruce's post, just a coincidence. As I said, I read the posts and had just logged in to respond when I saw the latest post -- his.
So let's just drink a toast to Faludy (Diet Coke is acceptable).
Hear Hear!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

MBarnum-Callahan’s burned down on Saturday….. http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2006/0903/local/stories/callahans_burns.htm

Penny-You see Callahan’s, or saw it, near the Mt. Ashland exit.

OH, that is terrible! You know I don't think I had ever been there, however.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »

The Lovely Wife and I, when we were dating in college, went to see WHERE'S POPPA, Carl Reiner's first film as director.  At the time, we thought it just hilarious...

We saw it a few years back on TV and it was just spectacularly unfunny.  We couldn't see any trace of what we had found so funny long ago.

Periodically I think I should rent this, hysterically funny, movie and watch it again.  I think I will just keep my funny memories & not watch it again.  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2006, 06:04:01 PM »

Wow, Ioana is sure purty! Like model purty!!

And that dog is hilarious! I want to  dress up Bosco like that!

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2006, 06:05:24 PM »

http://www.cafepress.com/saddogshirts/1797075

You have to be quick!

That is horrible. How could someone feel Ok about making money off of someone elses misery.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »

I don't believe I expressed any sorrow over the death of a ninety-five year old man.  I offered only sadness to the world for the loss of a great poet, and to Maria for the loss of a good friend.  I think both were appropriate.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:23:14 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »

Gosh, the only films for the TOD that I can come up with are THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER and THE BRAIN EATERS...both movies scared me to heck as a kid...but as an adult I can barely stifle the yawns.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »

When I eventually wound up in Toronto, I had the honor of becoming friends with the expatriate poet George Faludy! .

What a fascinating man!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »

Gosh, the only films for the TOD that I can come up with are THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER and THE BRAIN EATERS...both movies scared me to heck as a kid...but as an adult I can barely stifle the yawns.
You now yawn at she-monsters?

I'm somehow not surprised.

;D

Jane

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »

Wow, Ioana is sure purty! Like model purty!!

And that dog is hilarious! I want to  dress up Bosco like that!

While Bryan’s girlfriend towers over me, Craig’s is too short to be a model.  

Craig would occasionally dress Echo in his clothing.  It seems he is continuing the tradition with Yogi.  I guess Yogi didn’t get to wear his boxers, as Echo did, since Craig only has a washing machine (& grateful to have that), not a dryer.  Hanging clothes around their little apartment, and I mean little, isn’t easy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »

You now yawn at she-monsters?

I'm somehow not surprised.

;D

And you don't?   :o
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »

The season finale of THE CLOSER is most intriguing.  I missed so much of this season through my treks to Ohio that I had a good time puttering about the house today and occasionally giving the reruns a bit of attention.  I missed the first four so I'm stil uninformed on them.  I can't wait for Season 2 on sale.  

Also, what is with the morons who do the previews?  We already know - halfway through the program - who will be missing at the end of this episode (I think).  I hope I'm wrong, but tv personnel are damn dumb sometimes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2006, 07:01:56 PM »

I made a discovery tonight…….If you pop a Jordon almond in your mouth, not just any Jordon almond but the special ones I buy in Portland, and then pop in a See’s milk chocolate ball…..you can’t eat just one, or two, or five ;D

Now I feel sick & have a headache.   :o

I think I should move around a bit & work off some of this sugar.

'night.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »

elmore-the previews for the last 3 episodes of THE CLOSER were very annoying.  Be sure to catch the episodes you missed.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »

I made a discovery tonight……

So did I, DR Jane.  Instead of going to the concert in the park, I stayed home and watched a DVD from Netflix - Eileen Heckart's Academy Award winning performance in Butterflies are Free.  I knew I'd seen it on stage sometime, so I went through my big box o' programs and - voila! - there was one from The University of Michigan's Professional Theatre Program, dated December 9-11, 1971.  I may have seen this show on my 21st birthday and the role of Don Baker was played by John Spencer, whose final triumph was as Leo McGarry on The West Wing.

PS - I hope you're feeling better.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:08:57 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2006, 07:08:36 PM »

Well, the preview for next season was deceptive, and the episode was quite gripping.  However, my comment about the idiocy of tv personnel still stands:  what's with the constant "Saved Season Finale" popups at inconvenient moments, like the last scene?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up