Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TOOTSIE ROLL  (Read 38025 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:TOOTSIE ROLL
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2006, 07:43:26 PM »

DR Laura,

This is my cow cat, Elmo, whom I mentioned earlier today. Can you tell the real Elmo from the Elmooos? As you can see, he likes musicals, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2006, 07:43:31 PM »

Anyone who wants to quit smoking should NOT see Black Dahlia. There's so much smoking the screen practically catches on fire!

You know, I found that whenever I would watch an episode of PERRY MASON I would want to smoke...the characters in that show often had a cigarette...but what would drive me crazy is that so often a character would grab a cigarette light it, take one puff, and then snuff it out! I would yell at the screen sometimes! LOL! How could they waste such a precious commodity right in front of me...me who was having major nicotine withdrawl! LOL!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2006, 07:45:11 PM »

The next two days will be hectic around here-yes again.   I’ll try to post, no promises.

I’m not doing any shopping for NY.  I would like to get another Wicked shirt when I’m there-love the one I have.  

‘night.

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2006, 07:45:41 PM »

DR Edisaurus, I am intrigued by your documentary film making...how long have you been doing it, and what are some of your films?

Also, how do you go about financing your films?

Jane

« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »

Edisaurus I don't see Elmo-darn.  I am enjoying your avitar.

Jane

« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2006, 07:48:10 PM »

Things are running slow here-lol.  I can see the OH SOOOO CUTE photo now.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »

Elmo is very handsome, Edisaurus.

My Joshie was a foster kitten from the pound. He didn't like adoption day, so he misbehaved in order to get sent back to us, where he has remained ever since. We don't foster any more.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »

Edisaurus I don't see Elmo-darn.  I am enjoying your avitar.

DR Jane,

He should be on reply #240. I see him on mine... wonder why?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »

My black and white cat is Boo. Well the little girls across the street named her Bootsie and I promised to keep the name. She answers to Boo Boo or Little Boo.  This is my Callie Sue

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »

Oh, that's a little big, sorry about that. The scratch was a boo boo from Boo Boo

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2006, 08:08:01 PM »

DR Edisaraus, Elmo is very handsome

Edisaurus

« Reply #251 on: September 19, 2006, 08:16:54 PM »

DR Edisaurus, I am intrigued by your documentary film making...how long have you been doing it, and what are some of your films?

DR MBarnum,

I've been working in film and/or music for over 25 years.

The good, the bad and the ugly: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0136897/

As far as financing, my most recent film, "Sacco and Vanzetti"
http://www.willowpondfilms.com/sacco_and_vanzetti.html
was supported with small grants from arts foundations and individuals. We are still deeply in debt because there is so much archival footage, music and photos that comprise the film.

Last month we signed with a theatrical distributor, which hopefully will pay for the film in the long run, but in the short run, we'll have to come up with another $20K to clear everything for theatrical release.

My partner and I have regular jobs; he is Ken Burns' producer, and I work on a show called "The Closer", write and edit short films for Disney, a show for HGTV and movie trailers, my bread and butter. These freelance jobs enable us to work on these films for little or no money. If you know of any rich Italians or other patrons of the arts, we gratefully accept tax-deductable contributions, as you can see on our website.

We have also had the great good fortune to have many people contribute their talents to our film, including John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Arlo Guthrie, Howard Zinn and Studs Terkel. And wonderful musician friends whom you many know: Michael Roth, who has done music for many theatrical productions in NY and LA (I saw his show, "Brooklyn Boy" last year in NY), jazz pianist Barney McAll and guitarist John LaBarbera. We are lucky indeed to have all these folks on board!

There are several screenings in NY coming up over the next few weeks, and the theatrical release will be early next year. And our last film, "The Internationale", is being released on DVD next month. Huzzah!

Now I have officially sucked all the air out of the room! Thanks for enduring while I've turned a nice inquiring post into a commercial for ME! :-)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #252 on: September 19, 2006, 08:18:59 PM »

You didn't read for Salieri???
[/b]

It was pre-cast as was Mozart and Constanze.

But I wouldn't have even if it hadn't been.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »

Sorry for the tiny print on the above...I'm still trying to figure out how to "work the room"!

Edisaurus

« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2006, 08:22:54 PM »

Boo and Callie Sue---too cute! You tell boo to behave and not scratch up that pretty little kitty face!

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2006, 08:22:59 PM »

I finished (suffered through) SHOCK TREATMENT. Well, at least now I can say I've seen it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2006, 08:26:39 PM »

Sacco and Vanzetti - Wow! I am very familiar with their case and I want to see this.   I'm a federal defender and just finished my second term on the board of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.  I would love to pass the info about the film on to others - some who may be interested in helping out.  

Matt H.

« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2006, 08:28:05 PM »

Next I watched a MURDER SHE WROTE rerun on the Biography Channel. Another from late in the run that I hadn't ever seen. Lots of famous guest stars in this: Hope Lange, Chad Everett, Gregg Henry, Michael Beck, Lyle Waggoner, and Julie Adams.

Always nice to see one I haven't seen even if the mystery was pretty easy to solve in this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

HOUSE featured an Emmy-worthy performance from Joel Grey as a famous doctor/scientist whose plasma was filling his lungs. Among the most stark opening scenes in this show's history, I had to look away a couple of times.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2006, 08:32:24 PM »

LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT featured the new CO Eric Bagosian but an easily solved mystery. (Easily solved because there weren't enough suspects). Still, D'ofrino get to emote more tonight than he's gotten two in the last couple of years, and Kathryn Erbe had some harrowing scenes as well, rare for her in this show.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2006, 08:34:05 PM »

Is there a more perfect physical specimen of a male than Mario Lopez. His shower scene was jaw-dropping as the camera explored every inch of his upper torso on tonight's NIP/TUCK. Also glad to see Peter Dinklage join the cast as the male nurse.

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

Tomorrow, between running errands and having lunch with my ex-partner, I'll catch up with tonight's BOSTON LEGAL and LAW & ORDER: SVU.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2006, 08:45:51 PM »

Tomorrow, between running errands and having lunch with my ex-partner, I'll catch up with tonight's BOSTON LEGAL and LAW & ORDER: SVU.

Thank GOODNESS !  I was SO worried you wouldn't be able to spend another two hours in front of the TV.

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2006, 08:49:42 PM »

Thanks Edisaurus, I loved hearing about your work! I find film-making, particularly documentary film-making, to be very interesting.

...but you failed to mention your work on SLEEPAWAY CAMP III: TEENAGE WASTELAND! LOL!

Seriously though, SACCO AND VANZETTI sounds like a wonderful film, and very timely. It is the type of program I would enjoy seeing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:50:55 PM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2006, 08:52:05 PM »

Thank GOODNESS !  I was SO worried you wouldn't be able to spend another two hours in front of the TV.

:D

No, four hours was enough tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2006, 08:52:51 PM »

But now, off to bed.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2006, 08:55:56 PM »

Anyone who wants to quit smoking should NOT see Black Dahlia. There's so much smoking the screen practically catches on fire!

I just got a call from Marc Cherry (recorded) asking me to show up tomorrow morn for a Writers Guild Unity Rally. He sounded very chipper! I know I should go and support my fellow scribes, but I'm so incredibly uncomfortable in crowds of that type that I probably won't. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

You'll be there.  Support your fellow scribes for what, pray tell?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »

So happy to have edisaurus with us.  And I think many of us have seen The Music Man doc on the DVD!  I'll be talking about The Music Man for reasons that will become clear in tomorrow's notes.

Edisaurus

« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »

...but you failed to mention your work on SLEEPAWAY CAMP III: TEENAGE WASTELAND! LOL!

Not to mention "Sleepaway Camp II", too. Yes, let's not mention it. I can't decide if those are the "bad", or the "ugly". Actually, I think---both. The DVD edition of the "trilogy" does come in a pretty cool first aid kit. If the movies suck, at least you might as well have alluring packaing.

I will say that some of the worst movies are the most fun, once you embrace their awfulness!

MBarnum

« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »

I will say that some of the worst movies are the most fun, once you embrace their awfulness!

Oh, yes Edisaurus, you will find as you get to know me that that quote has me written all over it! LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up